St Ives Mariners 1v2 Newquay 3rds

DIVISION 5

Clipper Bar Inn 1v5 Newlyn Dolphins

Gwinear Churchtown Reserves 6v1 Stithians Reserves

Mabe 3v0 Trelander

Marazion Blues Reserves 4v3 Helston Athletic 3rds

Storm Reserves 1v8 Newquay 4ths

storm 1-8 newquay (1-3) ht

storm was to play at home but ref called game off, just as newquay arrived. after some talking newquay offered to play at there pitch. finally kicked off at 2:45 and the long and short of it is......... we (storm) were really shit and they were good. not taking anything away from newquay as they are a good passing team and if stay together they will play at a good level.

cheers again for the swap and good luck for rest of the season.

mabe 3 - 0 trelander, crappy conditions made it hard to play good football on the floor. We (mabe) failed to take our chances 1st half must of had 15 chances had a goal disallowed for offside? Trelander had a couple chances on goal nothing to difficult to deal with. Second half was one way traffic for us and finally took the lead after a fine over head kick by ryan caddy from the left edge of penalty box for zach thomas to knock home second came a minute later with a determined goal from sam li. Trelanders best chance came from a free kick just outside the box which was brought a fingertip save from dave thomeas but with 10 minutes to go a sweet pass accross the 6 yard box by ryan caddy to be calmly tucked home by carl ferris to take the 3 points. Good fair game well reffed just shame about the weather! Dont see how trelander are bottom tho did play some good football.

Guest smashing pumpkin

Penryn lucky to get a point today. Trispen should of scored atleast 5. and yes stu we had a hard earned 3points today. In all honestly if the game had been on i think cury would of had a hiding as we had a strong squad today.

Div 4

St.Ives Mariners 1 Newquay 3rds 2 h/t 0-0

The Nancegollan Sports Complex pitch was in surprisingly good order after the recent rain and a healthy covering of grass ensured that it did not cut up too badly which was the concern as i walked the pitch with the home manager and secretary before the game.The game was played in drizzle and mist throughout.

The first half was end to end without any end product,both teams striking the woodwork (yes,i know it's not wood anymore) but mainly it was a midfield battle though Newquay looked the more dangerous.

Early in the second half,a fine high lob shot from outside the penalty area deceived the visiting custodian who was backpeddling to put Mariners one up.Newquay's manager Jim Hilton then played his masterstroke in passing the assistant's flag to a player and putting himself on.Jim positioned himself in centre midfield and took the game by the scruff of the neck,playing the easy pass,making himself available to receive the ball and talking to his young players.Newquay came more and more into the match and deservedly equalised midway through the half with some fine skill.What proved to be the winning goal came late on when the Newquay right winger stole in to head in a cross from the left.There was still time for the Mariners striker to shoot wide when through on goal.Shane Easterbrook in the home goal made some very good saves.

All in all,a nice game to referee as all the players adapted well to the wet conditions without making any bad challenges.Good luck in your remaining games guys.

Gwinear Reserves 6 Stithians Res 1

We worked our socks off today and Stithians made it much harder than the scoreline suggests. Great bunch of lads, glad we aint got to play them again after last weekend and this. All the best to them for the remainder of the season.

Guest smashing pumpkin

I think titans are already there for promotion. Wendron still have some key games yet , like st ives and culdrose this week. But then again all our remaining games are big until promotion is mathmaticaly secure. I just hope penryn keep dropping them points. Nothing against them but just takes pressure of us.

Div 5

Marazion Reserves 4-3 Helston 3rds

Having beaten Helston on Tuesday we knew this was going to be a difficult game and had to take three points if we wanted to catch them at the top of the league. Did we deserve the win? In a word no. We started well and scored within 5 minutes just like the last game. Matty Thomas flicked on a long throw and Sanjay Vadgama found himself unmarked in front of goal and lashed it past the keeper. However, Helston reacted quickly and after a shot come cross was played across our goal, it found a Helston player who had a simple tap in. Helston then scored again when a cross from the left was headed in by their striker. Helston were in complete control of the game and we struggled to create anything. Helston then had a good couple of chances just before half time but failed to take them.

2-1 down at half time but really Helston could have been out of sight. We started the second half better and soon scored when Jason O'Sullivan, with his back to goal fed Matty who blasted it in to the far corner. If we thought we had turned the corner, we were wrong. Helston restored their lead when the forward was given time to turn and from the edge of the area smacked the ball over Eric in goal, clipping the cross bar and into the back of the net. Once again we dug ourselves out a hole when a long ball out from defence was collected by Jason, beating his marker, he rounded the keeper, who had come out of his box and then slotted into the empty net. Both sides then had half chances to take the lead but were unable to convert. Then with about ten minutes to go the ball fell to Matty on the left hand side of the box and rather than just put his boot through it he cooly slotted in at the near post. For the last few minutes it was bodies behind the ball as Helston pushed for the equaliser. Thankfully we held on and took the 3 points.

Although missing our leading scorer and a few lads carrying injuries we were second best today and Helston will feel hard done by with the result. We will definitely need to up our game when we meet Helston in the cup on Sunday in the semi final. 3rd time in 13 days!!!! Will be glad to see the back of them personally. The ref had a good game and let the match flow. A personal thank you from me for not sending me off when I brought down their player when clean through, although he wasn't quite sure who committed the foul in the end.

Eric Sleeman

Scott James

Adam Martin

Adam Caul

James Burlingham

Jason O'Sullivan 1

Sanjay Vadgama 1

Steve Hunt

Dale Vigus

Matt Thomas 2

Craig Rennard

MOM - Jason O'Sullivan : Scored one, set up another and ran non stop all game.

Trelawney 1

Rosudgeon 0-1 Lizard (HT 0-0)

The game was put into doubt when referee Dave Baxter said not to get changed because of the thick fog,

Both teams wanted the game to go ahead and went down to warm up anyhow, the fog cleared slightly and referee Baxter gave the go ahead.

Played in terrible conditions niether team really created an opening in the first half, but i would have said Rosudgeon shaded it.

Second half we never really got going. And Lizard had the better of us in the second half.

The goal came from in my and many others opinion a poor refereeing decision, and the subsequent free kick was headed in about 2 minutes from time.

Lizard are a great honest bunch of lads, and im sure will push up the league once they catch up on there games.

Helston 3-2 West Cornwall

A real game of two halves today. Conditions underfoot were fine, however overhead wasnt! A stiff breeze and misty rain driving towards one goal was always going to make it difficult for one half each! Helston went in 3 up at the break, the 1st an absolute screamer. In saying that WC had 3 or 4 good chances that half, but Helston keeper was in fine form to preserve their lead. 2nd half and I dont think I'd be too harsh in saying WC dominated the half. Managed to pull 2 back, along with the keeper making numerous saves and hitting the bar. Just seemed to be one of those games where we could of done with another 5 minutes and I genuinely believe we would have got something. The 3-2 loss earlier in the season was flattering for us, but I think WC deserved at least a point today. Not to be though and its all about taking chances which Helston did. Interestingly reffed, think both sides would agree! Great bunch at Helston, and great hospitality as always. All the best for the rest of the season and good luck in your quest for promotion!

Frogpool 4 Mullion 1 (played at Mullion as Frogpools picth unfit)

In summary; even contest first half, Mullion better with possesion but Frogpool very lively going forward and quick on break.

2-1 Frogpool half-time, but perhaps honours even. (Dan Thomas penalty for Mullion that no keeper could save)

Secodn half - Decisive moment, injury to Mullion player who had come on, no more subs, played on with 10 men - capitulation.

Frogpool deserved winners - all 11 of their players wanted to win, perhaps only 5 of the Mullion team showed that they did. Neither team has anything to play for, but frogpool did not show that.

Very well reffed by Nigel Jewell(think that's his surname?). I was stood next to him for the most part.

Well done Frogpool - feisty in the tackle, but a good honest bunch.

Mullion - work to do to maintain league position - Titans on Tuesday!!

Frogpool 4 Mullion 1 (played at Mullion as Frogpools picth unfit)

In summary; even contest first half, Mullion better with possesion but Frogpool very lively going forward and quick on break.

2-1 Frogpool half-time, but perhaps honours even. (Dan Thomas penalty for Mullion that no keeper could save)

Secodn half - Decisive moment, injury to Mullion player who had come on, no more subs, played on with 10 men - capitulation.

Frogpool deserved winners - all 11 of their players wanted to win, perhaps only 5 of the Mullion team showed that they did. Neither team has anything to play for, but frogpool did not show that.

Very well reffed by Nigel Jewell(think that's his surname?). I was stood next to him for the most part.

Well done Frogpool - feisty in the tackle, but a good honest bunch.

Mullion - work to do to maintain league position - Titans on Tuesday!!

I wasn't your referee Dean,was officiating elsewhere.

Dunn Cup

St Agnes 3 - 1 Constantine AET

A wet and windy cup game made this thoroughly enjoyable to play in. Aggie took the lead through a Paul Dabell close range finish high into the net after dominating possession against the wind. Tine were dangerous on the counter attack and when their long balls finally fell short enough they had 2 great chances to score, equalising before half time.

Much the same in the second half just without the goals. Dabell, Brandon Light, and Paul Blake all came close to scoring and 14 Aggie corners in the second half alone kept constant pressure on the resolute away defence.

Extra time in the pouring rain was great fun and when Paul Dabell turned 'Sheringham-esque' and smashed in from the edge of the box 5 minutes in the game was as good as won. Mark Mitchell added a late 3rd after good work by Brandon light.

The pitch is trashed but it was worth it, a Klinsmann was definitely on the cards if I scored today but no such luck.

Guest BenTheYeti

It's getting worse.. even the referees are playing under different names..

Division 3

Porthleven Rangers 3-4 St Buryan reserves

Finally got to see a game at Helston School at the third or fourth time of asking although when I pulled up and could barely see one goal from the other end I thought perhaps it would be another missed opportunity.

Fortunately, a) the fog lifted a bit, and B) the ref and both teams really wanted to get on with it and a very enjoyable 90 minutes ensued. No problems with the pitch, it had drained very well, with the fact that it had been the school holidays for the last two weeks meaning it hadn't had it's usual wear and tear no doubt helping a lot.

Rangers will feel very hard done by as they worked very hard to get it back to 3-3 not long before the end, and a deserved draw looked on the cards, but a fourth for the visitors saw them keep up their challenge for the Division three title.

Think your ref was Nigel Nicholls, another great ref and 40 years younger than Jeweller. :D

Div 4

St.Ives Mariners 1 Newquay 3rds 2 h/t 0-0

The Nancegollan Sports Complex pitch was in surprisingly good order after the recent rain and a healthy covering of grass ensured that it did not cut up too badly which was the concern as i walked the pitch with the home manager and secretary before the game.The game was played in drizzle and mist throughout.

The first half was end to end without any end product,both teams striking the woodwork (yes,i know it's not wood anymore) but mainly it was a midfield battle though Newquay looked the more dangerous.

Early in the second half,a fine high lob shot from outside the penalty area deceived the visiting custodian who was backpeddling to put Mariners one up.Newquay's manager Jim Hilton then played his masterstroke in passing the assistant's flag to a player and putting himself on.Jim positioned himself in centre midfield and took the game by the scruff of the neck,playing the easy pass,making himself available to receive the ball and talking to his young players.Newquay came more and more into the match and deservedly equalised midway through the half with some fine skill.What proved to be the winning goal came late on when the Newquay right winger stole in to head in a cross from the left.There was still time for the Mariners striker to shoot wide when through on goal.Shane Easterbrook in the home goal made some very good saves.

All in all,a nice game to referee as all the players adapted well to the wet conditions without making any bad challenges.Good luck in your remaining games guys.

Thanks soccer follower, not going to hear the end of this at training lol, well reffed as always

Hayle 5 Wendron 1

Div 4

After playing Hayle earlier in the season and losing 10-0 this was an improvement! It may have been different tho if the Hayle keeper got his marching orders which he deserved after taking out the wendron striker keir when through on goal in the first 10mins, The ref decided 2 take no action 4 sum strange reason against the keeper which we thought was ridiculous, he may not of ment it the keeper but the letter of the law says if its a goal scoring opportunity and he is the last man it's a sending off! It was a double blow 4 us, as our striker had 2 come off shortly after with what looks like a badly sprained ankle from the resulting challenge from the keeper! Apart from that though all credit 2 Hayle who played some really good football and scored some great goals. You can see y they r top of the league at the mo and it looks like It will b a very interesting race 2 who is crowned div 4 champions! Good luck Hayle 4 the rest of the season from every1 at wendron.

I I'm the goalkeeper for the Hayle team sorry to hear about kier dent I did ask if he was alright after the game and acknowledged him in the game when he came back on briefly from receiving treatment.... As for the action of the referee all I can say is when the ref pulled me to one all he said was..... I should be giving u a card for this challenge so ure lucky... As for a last man clear goal scoring opportunity it was on the corner of the 18 yard box kier had knocked the ball past me how far away from goal and with the centre back going back to the goal line not sure how clear a goal scoring opportunity it would be but I must say I was surprised with the nature of the tackle why the ref did not send me off as a few players had agreed from the team how the ref had not waved me off the pitch was beyond them all the best wendron for rest of the season and hope kier recovers quick he was jut to quick for me as I went to clear the ball from a mix up with my right back

Guest BenTheYeti

I I'm the goalkeeper for the Hayle team sorry to hear about kier dent I did ask if he was alright after the game and acknowledged him in the game when he came back on briefly from receiving treatment.... As for the action of the referee all I can say is when the ref pulled me to one all he said was..... I should be giving u a card for this challenge so ure lucky... As for a last man clear goal scoring opportunity it was on the corner of the 18 yard box kier had knocked the ball past me how far away from goal and with the centre back going back to the goal line not sure how clear a goal scoring opportunity it would be but I must say I was surprised with the nature of the tackle why the ref did not send me off as a few players had agreed from the team how the ref had not waved me off the pitch was beyond them all the best wendron for rest of the season and hope kier recovers quick he was jut to quick for me as I went to clear the ball from a mix up with my right back

Your honesty should be applauded young sir

Biggreengiant I was watching from the side line and I personally thought it was a goal scoring opportunity as I believe he would of got 2 the ball way b 4 your defender 2 tap it in coz the defender was behind him. But I really appreciate your honesty m8 and like I said in my previous post I don't believe U done it intentionally, havin spoke 2 keir this morning he said it has swelled up pretty bad but is hoping 2 b bk in a couple of weeks! I wil pass on your regards m8 im sure he will appreciate it and good luck 4 the rest of the season!

Ben the yeti ..... I'm unsure what your comment means...? Please do enlighten me ? And wendron thru and thru much appreciated for that hope its back playing soon and I'm glad it's not as serious a it could of been in the wet conditions we had and your veiw was a lot better then mine that's for sure and like u previously stated why any card was not shown I don't know but like any other person would I was not going to ask why he hadn't took any action or spoke about the tackle and just said your lucky I'm not carding you.. If I'd seen him in the bar afterwards I'd have asked what his thoughts had been in not punishing me for the challenge perhaps it happened so early on and was the first tackle penalised he didn't take action or he deemed it due to the conditions it couldn't be help and yet again the big argument of what do u call a goal scoring opportunity between different people's opinions and views from where each person was standing from what the ref saw..... Anyways onwards and upwards and hope u finish the season well great battling side for 90 minits and all the best from Hayle

How many teams go up from each division of the Trelawney leagues this year?

Unless I'm much mistaken I believe it is two up and two down.

I think you may find extra promotions in order to fill the divisions back up to 16. If you have 16 in your div you will find 2 going down, If you have 15 I'll be 1 going down. Then you promote top two sides from div below plus any extra's to fill each Division back to 16. If you follow that principle through each Div you soon see that by the time you reach Div 3 / 4 / 5 your promoting 4 or more sides to fill the voids above. Promotion over de-motion.

talking to the ref after the game about the incident he said he took into account the weather conditions and the muddy and slippy surface. our keeper slipped as he came out, which was unfortunate. i feel he used common sense . i hope kier is ok and wish him a speedy recovery. wendron were much improved from the last time we played them theyve got a few new players that can play decent footy, especially the dark lad on the wing who i thought was class. the result was flattering for us because it doesnt tell the true story of the game, wendron put up a real battle and had a few chances through out the game. good luck to wendron for the season a good bunch of lads.

hayle scorers

barnaby dagger

scott grant ,pen.

joe irwin

danny richards

darryl mcarthy

m.o.m dan birch

Guest BenTheYeti

If I'm right, only Pool United have pulled out from the top 3 divisions, so that would mean:

2 Down from Premier
2 Up and 1 Down from Division 1
2 Up and 2 Down from Division 2
3 Up and 2 Down from Division 3

I think!

sorry to hear about kiers injury and hope he wont be out to long ,wendron are a well run club and have some good players so good luck to them for the rest of season ,well done dan in your honest post about yesterday . well done john and the boys a great 1st season in charge and great to see so many young lads in their 1st season in adult football doing themselves and the club proud ,and whatever happens this season you have all been fantastic and a breath of fresh air

Think your ref was Nigel Nicholls, another great ref and 40 years younger than Jeweller. :D

Thank you!!!

Well I knew it was Nigel... got my surnames confused. Well, he had a good game all the same, as I am sure Mr Jewell did too.

Cheers

If I'm right, only Pool United have pulled out from the top 3 divisions, so that would mean:

2 Down from Premier

I think!

if correct that would leave what for 4 and 5 ? and also this if teams from combo come down heard only one coming down which is holmans

2 Down from Premier

I think!

if correct that would leave what for 4 and 5 ? and also this if teams from combo come down heard only one coming down which is holmans

Redruth utd and TMS have applied and passed inspections for combo so if they both finish in the required positions x2 will be coming down from combo...although playing senior football on Malpas will be a shambles in my opinion...! Clijah croft isn't much better mind!

Guest BenTheYeti

2 Down from Premier

I think!

2 up and 2 down as normal, as the higher divisions would have evened themselves out, leaving 15 in Division 5 as it currently stands. However, if as you say two more teams enter for 2013-14, I'm assuming Division 5 would become a league of 17 teams..

Though it's very early days yet, and as was mentioned above, there will probably be more teams pulling out/applying to join (Think it was 6 last year and 5 got in)

2 Down from Premier

I think!

2 up and 2 down as normal, as the higher divisions would have evened themselves out, leaving 15 in Division 5 as it currently stands. However, if as you say two more teams enter for 2013-14, I'm assuming Division 5 would become a league of 17 teams..

Though it's very early days yet, and as was mentioned above, there will probably be more teams pulling out/applying to join (Think it was 6 last year and 5 got in)

Only 1 relegated from premier too due to us retaining combo status last season after the leagues were formed at the AGM.....well we hung in there for 1 more year!!! Looks like only red utd will go up as TMS face an uphill struggle to finish top 4 following their 4 point reduction last week so unless someone goes into combo from the SWPL(West) or their is an unexpected withdrawal if a club feels they are struggling through player numbers or the league decide to operate less then the full allocation of 20 teams which they did in 2011/12 following ludgvans relegation it will be 1 up 1 down.