Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - Saturday, April 13th 2013

If I'm right, only Pool United have pulled out from the top 3 divisions, so that would mean:

2 Down from Premier

2 Up and 1 Down from Division 1

2 Up and 2 Down from Division 2

3 Up and 2 Down from Division 3

I think!

if correct that would leave what for 4 and 5 ? and also this if teams from combo come down heard only one coming down which is holmans

2 up and 2 down as normal, as the higher divisions would have evened themselves out, leaving 15 in Division 5 as it currently stands. However, if as you say two more teams enter for 2013-14, I'm assuming Division 5 would become a league of 17 teams..

Though it's very early days yet, and as was mentioned above, there will probably be more teams pulling out/applying to join (Think it was 6 last year and 5 got in)

Only 1 relegated from premier too due to us retaining combo status last season after the leagues were formed at the AGM.....well we hung in there for 1 more year!!! Looks like only red utd will go up as TMS face an uphill struggle to finish top 4 following their 4 point reduction last week so unless someone goes into combo from the SWPL(West) or their is an unexpected withdrawal if a club feels they are struggling through player numbers or the league decide to operate less then the full allocation of 20 teams which they did in 2011/12 following ludgvans relegation it will be 1 up 1 down.

Pitty i have heard that TMS need to finish in the top 5 for promotion.......? i may / probably am wrong! lol, i hope for the sake of the combo's reputation they do not get promoted, as the standard needs to be looked at, playing at Malpas....?! the ground grading for promotion is not good enough, every senior club should be able to host a junior league cup semi/final, not 'The Junior' cup final, but a cup final, they should have an onsite clubhouse, and hot refreshments / food also on sale, by allowing clubs to enter the league without these things, i feel it is only degrading the standard of the league and making the difference between junior and senior even smaller than it is now!

Guest BenTheYeti

I'm sure this has been said before, and I may be wrong.. But I was under the impression Threemilestone's old pitch was being redeveloped to bring it up to combo standard, rather than one of the Malpas pitches being used?

Guest smashing pumpkin

I thought the standard of the "super" combo league was declining and now just a junior standard bar a couple of teams. So if this is right then who cares if they play at malpas. Or is it nt gud enough for talented combination stars.

I thought the standard of the "super" combo league was declining and now just a junior standard bar a couple of teams. So if this is right then who cares if they play at malpas. Or is it nt gud enough for talented combination stars.

whatever your views on the standard, the fact is that its senior football, so should at least look the part even if the teams cant play like it!!

Guest BenTheYeti

As is currently being discussed on the combo thread, there is hardly a line between combo and Trelawny standard at present. But until such time that things are changed, the combo is still the first step on the ladder of senior football, and as such, some people may expect certain standards and/or regulations to be maintained

At the end of the day, the best pitches and facilities are all at clubs with teams with a senior status, with the exception of perhaps Caraharack

Guest smashing pumpkin

Yeh fair enough pointers. But tms other ground is having work done on it. The old changing room have been knocked down. So i suppose they will be building new ones. I also think tms will finish top as they are a good team

Yeh fair enough pointers. But tms other ground is having work done on it. The old changing room have been knocked down. So i suppose they will be building new ones. I also think tms will finish top as they are a good team

i'm not questioning their footballing ability, and i understand their changing rooms are being developed, but the ground that they have requested to play on next season in Combo is Malpas.......which is a terrible pitch and facilities are not up to standard in my view, as previously mentioned, for the first tier of senior football in cornwall this would be an embarrassment for the league and the CCFA, imagine an ECPL team visiting in the senior cup, they'd think they've turned up at the wrong place?! i'm all for teams like TMS and redruth utd gaining promotion, but only when they have the facilities to host such games, the league need to tighten up on accepting teams into the league, which in the long run will bring the standard back up to where it used to be.

If I'm right, only Pool United have pulled out from the top 3 divisions, so that would mean:

2 Down from Premier

I think!

if correct that would leave what for 4 and 5 ? and also this if teams from combo come down heard only one coming down which is holmans

2 up and 2 down as normal, as the higher divisions would have evened themselves out, leaving 15 in Division 5 as it currently stands. However, if as you say two more teams enter for 2013-14, I'm assuming Division 5 would become a league of 17 teams..

Though it's very early days yet, and as was mentioned above, there will probably be more teams pulling out/applying to join (Think it was 6 last year and 5 got in)

Only 1 relegated from premier too due to us retaining combo status last season after the leagues were formed at the AGM.....well we hung in there for 1 more year!!! Looks like only red utd will go up as TMS face an uphill struggle to finish top 4 following their 4 point reduction last week so unless someone goes into combo from the SWPL(West) or their is an unexpected withdrawal if a club feels they are struggling through player numbers or the league decide to operate less then the full allocation of 20 teams which they did in 2011/12 following ludgvans relegation it will be 1 up 1 down. Pitty i have heard that TMS need to finish in the top 5 for promotion.......? i may / probably am wrong! lol, i hope for the sake of the combo's reputation they do not get promoted, as the standard needs to be looked at, playing at Malpas....?! the ground grading for promotion is not good enough, every senior club should be able to host a junior league cup semi/final, not 'The Junior' cup final, but a cup final, they should have an onsite clubhouse, and hot refreshments / food also on sale, by allowing clubs to enter the league without these things, i feel it is only degrading the standard of the league and making the difference between junior and senior even smaller than it is now!

Sides wishing to be promoted need to finish in one of the top 4 positions of the trelawny premier division following application in writing by around Xmas time

Helston 3-2 West Cornwall

A real game of two halves today. Conditions underfoot were fine, however overhead wasnt! A stiff breeze and misty rain driving towards one goal was always going to make it difficult for one half each! Helston went in 3 up at the break, the 1st an absolute screamer. In saying that WC had 3 or 4 good chances that half, but Helston keeper was in fine form to preserve their lead. 2nd half and I dont think I'd be too harsh in saying WC dominated the half. Managed to pull 2 back, along with the keeper making numerous saves and hitting the bar. Just seemed to be one of those games where we could of done with another 5 minutes and I genuinely believe we would have got something. The 3-2 loss earlier in the season was flattering for us, but I think WC deserved at least a point today. Not to be though and its all about taking chances which Helston did. Interestingly reffed, think both sides would agree! Great bunch at Helston, and great hospitality as always. All the best for the rest of the season and good luck in your quest for promotion!

How is the lad who dislocated his shoulder? Hope he makes a speedy recovery and pass on best wishes from all at Helston F.C.

2 Down from Premier

I think!

ben i heard it will be:

no down from prem

2 up from all lower divs leaving div 5 with 14 plus any new teams that get accepted and i know there is 1 team from camborne whos applied for it. this is due to pool utd folding and premier only starting with 15 teams, but like i said its only rumor so not saying ur wrong. just this is what iv heard on the vines.

Guest BenTheYeti

Certainly sounds logical. Though if there were to be more teams applying (I've heard of 2 possibly 3 wanting to join), I wonder what the outcome would be then; whether they'd extend division 5, or shuffle the divisions above.

Obviously, it's all a long way off and other teams may yet pull out too.