Cornwall Football Forum

early kick off

May I just take a moment to commend the teams that have actively co-operated with one another to ensure that their games go ahead simply by changing their kick off times.

There are still 458 games to play in the League so by working together, clubs and League, we can minimise the chances of bunching up the fixtures at the end of the season. I’d also like to thank the referees who will be taking on two games in one day.

I can’t stress enough how important it is to get these games played. Failing to do so will ultimately mean fixtures being crammed into midweek towards the end of the season and double headers having to be played - this is something we would like to avoid but it may become the most practical solution to ensure that the season finishes on time.

There is a topic on the Trelawny League’s Facebook page about early kick off’s if anyone is interested in having a read and voicing their opinion.

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

Ah right, from this comment it looked like they were due to play st Agnes and then I read another comment and looked like they played Madron also! 

I think the other team were due to play but their pitch was called off. Can be a bit confusing when clubs have two pitches. St Day have the same problem that main pitch is much better than second pitch.