Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Piran

Truro City v AFC Sudbury

I agree Jacob. We had so many chances in that game but I do wonder how many would have relished a midweek trip to Sudbury had Martin Watts scored with that free kick. I am amazed and delighted at the success of the current Truro City team and I really hope that they can make some more history tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

It will be a huge embarrassment if they don't win resoundingly. They are currently 2/11 in the betting against Sudburys 17/2 (5/1 draw). Maybe they should just play their reserves, oops sorry, they haven't got any!

Anything can happen in the FA cup. The best football memory I have is watching all Plymouth's matches when they reached the FA Cup semi-final in 1984. 👍

Truro fan or not, they are flying the flag for Cornwall. Wish Hodgey and his squad all the best for a great cup run.Cornish football can only benefit from the publicity generated. 

10 hours ago, Piran said:

I agree Jacob. We had so many chances in that game but I do wonder how many would have relished a midweek trip to Sudbury had Martin Watts scored with that free kick. I am amazed and delighted at the success of the current Truro City team and I really hope that they can make some more history tomorrow.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to the game tomorrow. It'll be difficult, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know football. But Truro won't get a better chance of making history in what I believe is the greatest club cup competition in the world.

Truro win 4-1 and make it into the 4th Qualifying Rd for the first time ever.

Conceded an early goal but turned it around with goals from  Chris Todd, Aaron Lamont, Tyler Harvey and Stewart Yetton :thumbsup:

They might meet the mighty Hereford in the next round. Even I would go to Treyew Road to watch them (I mean Hereford). The Bulls won at home 2-0 against AFC Horncurch in front of a crowd of 2, 440. John Mills who scored one of the Hereford goals has now scored 114 goals in 114 games. 

Well done Truro, you did what you had to, as expected. I suspect that you'll meet some more difficult opponents before you can think of lifting the Cup at Wembley. Tonight you can dream, the nightmares are waiting down the road a bit. At least you've picked a few more pennies in return of investment for the Masters!

Only 359,turned up in poor weather,paying £13:00 to watch a team two leagues below TCFC.

Mind you ,you cant include Season Ticket holders,on the attendance figure,because gate reciepts,have to be shared.

But another £7,500:00 into the coffers of the Club.

10 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Heard Pete Masters on Radio Cornwall- he said 50% of the prize money would be given to the players and the word Promotion was mentioned.

And.????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Will we go up.?????????????????????????????????????????

Apart from pre season friendlies I have not been to see Truro play yet but I would like to take this opportunity and congratulate players,management and all at the club for a remarkable turnaround. It is fantastic to read the papers and see Truro city at the very summit of their league.WELL DONE 

2 hours ago, Mrgreen said:

So welcome to read a positive post.

We'll said touchline pro. Now sit back and await the barrage of abuse and negativity. 

Haven't seen much abuse on here ???  Difference of opinion maybe ?  Fishing Mr .Green ????

Not sure what FISHING means, but thank-you for taking the time to reply.

I must read a different forum, because I see nothing but abuse and negativity towards current owners and management 

1 hour ago, Mrgreen said:

I must read a different forum, because I see nothing but abuse and negativity towards current owners and management 

That’s a little harsh - fixtures and results posted, but I never see you remark on those much! 

3 hours ago, Mrgreen said:

Dear Mrgreen, There are many online dictionaries which will give you several definitions of fishing, it's not difficult to work out which is the relevant one. It must be embarrassing to come on here and admit that you are unaware (although I must admit that I am occasionally driven to the urban dictionary by some of the more obscure/modern terminology used on here).

I do however see from the second sentence that you've Mastered some parts of the language!