Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Fixtures - Saturday 2nd September 2017

Please feel free to leave your post-match result, comments, goalscorers, reports etc

Premier Division

Halsetown      5-2     Stithians
Helston Athletic 3rds      0-1 Mawnan
Penryn Athletic Reserves      2-0     St Day Reserves
St Buryan      1-1     Chacewater
St Keverne      0-4     Wendron United Reserves 
Troon AFC      2-2      Lizard Argyle

Division 1

Constantine       5-5    Threemilestone
Lanner         2-3       Rosudgeon
Mabe      3-7     Trispen
Mousehole Reserves     1-1     Perranporth Reserves
Newlyn Non-Athletico     P-P     Hayle Reserves
Penwith Exiles     9-0       Mawnan Reserves

Division 2

Four Lanes     3-2    Falmouth Town
Illogan RBL 3rds     2-0   Wendron United 3rds
Newlyn Lions      5-1     Redruth United Reserves
Probus      3-0     Mullion Reserves
St Day 3rds     0-3     Frogpool & Cusgarne

Division 3

Carharrack Reserves    0-6    Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves
Falmouth DC     1-0     Holmans Reserves
Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves     7-1     Ludgvan Reserves 
St Agnes 3rds     1-2     Ruan Minor
St Erme     v New Inn Titans
St Ives Mariners     0-4     West Cornwall Reserves

Division 4

Lizard Argyle Reserves     1-3    Constantine Reserves
Madron   0-14   Mousehole 3rds
Penzance Reserves     7-2    Troon AFC Reserves 
Wendron United 4ths    1-4    Perranwell Reserves

Mariners 0 west cornwall 4.Mariners simply didnt turn up today totally different performance to previous games,full credit to west cornwall played good football and deserved the win.Wake up call for us at mariners who need to bounce back.all the best to west and thanks for coming back to pub.

Div 2: Four Lanes 3-2 Falmouth 3rds

For the second time in four days Four Lanes welcomed Falmouth Town 3rds after the first game finished 4-1 to Four Lanes.

Four Lanes went 1-0 up thanks to a Ethan Smith goal. Falmouth drew level with a free kick hitting the wall and going over the Four Lanes keepers head.

Into the second half Four Lanes took the lead again thanks to Ben Tunnicliffe scoring from a weak shot that somehow made it under the Falmouth goalkeeper.

Yet again though Falmouth went for the equaliser and deservedly got it when the Falmouth striker broke through with a clinical finish to make it 2-2.  With time running out though Four Lanes stole the 3 points with Ian Chatfield pouncing to put the ball away inside the six yard box.

Trelawny Div 4

Penzance Reserves 7-2 Troon Reserves

Penzance get their season off to a flying start watched by a crowd of 28. Troon will probably admit they were beaten by the better side as the Magpies created chance after chance, probably thirty in the game. Troon scoring from a penalty and a low shot where the bounce fooled the keeper. Penzance goals came at regular intervals, the first after 12mins, then on 17 and 45mins with the Troon penalty on 40. 3-1 at half time, Penzance shooting on sight but scoring from the edge of the box.

2nd half, the goals continue for the home side on 48, 48 (yes two in less than a minute), 56 and 89mins. Troon's reply on 64.  Again shoot on sight worked apart from one that came from a goal-line cross to the near post for a close turn and volley

Goals scored at various times for Penzance: Luke Carroll 4, Tristan Hunter 2 and Ryan Wilkinson.  

Thank you to the ref who stepped in at the last minute so the game could go ahead.

3 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Trelawny Div 4

Penzance Reserves 7-2 Troon Reserves

Penzance get their season off to a flying start watched by a crowd of 28. Troon will probably admit they were beaten by the better side as the Magpies created chance after chance, probably thirty in the game. Troon scoring from a penalty and a low shot where the bounce fooled the keeper. Penzance goals came at regular intervals, the first after 12mins, then on 17 and 45mins with the Troon penalty on 40. 3-1 at half time, Penzance shooting on sight but scoring from the edge of the box.

2nd half, the goals continue for the home side on 48, 48 (yes two in less than a minute), 56 and 89mins. Troon's reply on 64.  Again shoot on sight worked apart from one that came from a goal-line cross to the near post for a close turn and volley

Goals scored at various times for Penzance: Luke Carroll 4, Tristan Hunter 2 and Ryan Wilkinson.  

Thank you to the ref who stepped in at the last minute so the game could go ahead.

My dad was due to referee the game but unfortunately had to be admitted to hospital. He sent apologies to the Secretary. Who stepped in to referee? 

St day 0 Frogpool 3

Dominated first half restricting them to a couple of free kicks. Played and battled well and should of been more then 1-0 ht coming from a well taken finish by Darren Meagor. Came out second half a bit sluggish , got put under pressure but held on well with the defence standing firm. Last 25 found our feet again and 2 good finishes from Danny Alford sealed the 3 points. First game away clean sheet and 3 goals. Cracking start. Cheers for the extra chips after for a hungry Kevin Smith haha

13 minutes ago, Mangle said:

9 nil to Penwith. Not sure what you class as a good game? Presumably you were thinking it would be a closer affair?

i did think it would of been a closer game . penwith away will be any sides hardest game of the season, lucky for me i was just a spectator 

Carharrack Res (0) 0 -v- 6 (3) Newlyn Non Athletic Res

Newlyn scored another half-dozen goals for the second game in a row, this time without reply. Three in each half saw off the challenge from the home team. It could have been more but for some poor finishing, and an awful lot of off-sides. Our attackers will have to work on that part of the game! Decent game, played in good spirits overall.  

11 minutes ago, GEACH1 said:

i did think it would of been a closer game . penwith away will be any sides hardest game of the season, lucky for me i was just a spectator 

Agreed, a tough place to go for any team. Newlyn NA will be there on Tuesday night, so an early "top-of-the -table" clash (both teams are 3 wins from 3 games at this stage).

Penwith exiles 9 mawnan 0 

good game of football today played in good spirits, some really good football from us in the first half going in 7-0, second half stepped of the gas a tad,hopefully we can carry on getting good results! Mawnan never gave up a big physical team and good luck to them this season! 

I take it that the Mawnan side Penwith put to the sword yesterday was a completely different set of players than those who played in the PSC final against them in May? How can Mawnan field a cup final team and win 3-2 (I watched the game, very even and Mawnan probably deserved it), but then play a league game soon after and get stuffed 9 nil? What am I missing?

Also, what's happened to the Mabe team? Got promoted with only 3 losses all season last year,  this season, played 3 lost 3, and quite convincingly too. Did all the "good players" leave or something?

29 minutes ago, Mangle said:

I take it that the Mawnan side Penwith put to the sword yesterday was a completely different set of players than those who played in the PSC final against them in May? How can Mawnan field a cup final team and win 3-2 (I watched the game, very even and Mawnan probably deserved it), but then play a league game soon after and get stuffed 9 nil? What am I missing?

Also, what's happened to the Mabe team? Got promoted with only 3 losses all season last year,  this season, played 3 lost 3, and quite convincingly too. Did all the "good players" leave or something?

Cup game last year was against Mawnan 1st team.  Yesterday was mawnan reserves. 

31 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Mabe now call themselves Falmouth Town reserves.

Yeah best wishes to my old mate Birchy, hope you aint in there too long bud. Top man and an invaluable player and person to any club hes been involved with over his many years in cornish football. Just started his refereeing careerl, bet he'll be good at that as well. Get well soon mate :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Yeah best wishes to my old mate Birchy, hope you aint in there too long bud. Top man and an invaluable player and person to any club hes been involved with over his many years in cornish football. Just started his refereeing careerl, bet he'll be good at that as well. Get well soon mate :thumbsup:

Have spoke to Paul this morning hopefully will be shoved out the door today  :yahoo:he has his  I pad with him so he is keeping  up with the forum  , no keeping the old buffer down for long , probably more upset he missed his football and a pint or three :drink:.

Division 3

Frogpool Reserves 7 - 1 Ludgvan Reserves

Rather strange game. Ludgvan obviously missing players, and although we won 7-1, we never really got out of second gear and didn't actually play all that well.

The scoring was opened by man of the match David Leach who flicked the ball over the defender's head before half volleying the ball sweetly into the corner from the edge of the box. Dave doubled his tally shortly after with a chip.

Jack Froud was once again on the scoresheet with a well taken finish. Jordan Jermyn pulled off an outstanding save before Dave made it 4-0 going into the break by gliding past four men, then rounding the goalkeeper and tucking it away for his hat trick. Outstanding finish.

Ludgvan got one back with a free kick from twenty yards out into the top corner - class.

But we regained our momentum shortly after, Lewis Bax heading home from a corner for his first goal this season, Sam Macwilliam and Harry Payne then added to our tally with two well taken finishes. No mention of Harry's open goal miss.

Thanks to Ludgvan for coming back. Good result and another three points on the board, we go again on Tuesday.

5 hours ago, stevieb said:

Have spoke to Paul this morning hopefully will be shoved out the door today  :yahoo:he has his  I pad with him so he is keeping  up with the forum  , no keeping the old buffer down for long , probably more upset he missed his football and a pint or three :drink:.

Treliske Inn is having a lock in  tonite and Paul is staying in ., :smiley20:  the pubs in Hayle send their best  :P all the best mate . See you soon .

8 hours ago, Mangle said:

mabes team of last season has now gone to falmouth town , and by the looks of it are going to be competitive team in the combo having won all their games so far, hopefully mabes current team can still run as a successful team in the future and not follow the route other teams have .  

Mawnan team yesterday was the reserves and i only went down to watch and am nothing to do with the club , just their biggest fan as their manager is my idol

Division 3

Falmouth DC 1-0 Holmans Reserves

A tight game in which Falmouth had the better of the first half, creating a few chances but not troubling the keeper, and going in at the break only 1-0 up from a penalty after the Falmouth striker was clattered by the keeper after half an hour.

In the second half Holmans were the dominant team, but again not really testing the keeper, and DC hung on for the first 3 points of the season.

Many thanks to our new sponsor The Upper Deck  https://www.upperdeckfalmouth.com/  for the great food and support after the game.  

1 hour ago, GEACH1 said:

mabes team of last season has now gone to falmouth town , and by the looks of it are going to be competitive team in the combo having won all their games so far.

Crikey, I just compared the starting team in the Lockhart Cup Final for Mabe with the guys signed on for the Falmouth Town combo team. Yep, basically they all went to Falmouth. Poor old Mabe presumably have a tough season ahead. And it puts into perspective the Penwith Exiles team, who should be favourite for promotion again this season.

56 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Crikey, I just compared the starting team in the Lockhart Cup Final for Mabe with the guys signed on for the Falmouth Town combo team. Yep, basically they all went to Falmouth. Poor old Mabe presumably have a tough season ahead. And it puts into perspective the Penwith Exiles team, who should be favourite for promotion again this season.

id put a tenner on them winning the junior cup ,  strong all over the pitch,  very impressive yesterday they take their chances and dont give a lot away.   

although your team look like they could be penwiths biggest rivals this season

9 hours ago, stevieb said:

We had paul for his 1st game and he did a fantastic job

2 hours ago, GEACH1 said:

id put a tenner on them winning the junior cup ,  strong all over the pitch,  very impressive yesterday they take their chances and dont give a lot away.   

although your team look like they could be penwiths biggest rivals this season

We never seem to be consistent enough. The team is strong at the moment, so hopefully a good competitive game on Tuesday evening.

Div 1 

Mousehole Res 1 - 1 Perranporth Res

From beating them last week 6-1 Perranporth were much improved (few new faces) and TBH deserved all 3 points! We just didn't get going at all in the game. Perranporth should of been 2-0 within 20 mins had a couple cleared of the line. Perranporth went 1-0 on 30 mins scoring a free-kick from just in side our half the taker smashed it towards goal and all our keeper had to do was catch it and he miss judged the flight on the ball and fumbled it in the net! 1-0 Perranporth halftime. 50 mins in 1-1 Chris Bullock slotting home from close range after some good link up play from the 2 front men! With 5 mins to go a ball went over the top of the Mousehole back 4 and the keeper coming out to catch it but collided with the Perranporth winger both players on the floor, ball between them neither going for the ball and having a little squabble - Ref gave a pen!!!!! Mousehole keeper fuming with the decision. the Striker for Perranporth then stepped up and put it to the keepers left which he guessed right and tipped the ball onto the bar which then we cleared! Great save from the Mousehole keeper!

Would like to wish Perranporth all the best for the season and thank you for being so understanding with the changing room situation

All the best

Mousehole Res