Cornwall Football Forum

Senior Cup results

Guest Helston Patriot

Helston 1 - 7 Saltash

Helston went 1 nil up after 30 minutes saltash equalized last minute of the half. Hit us with 2 quick goals after half time and the rest is history!

Guest JackSticker 2

Sticker 2 Bude Town 1

Sticker goalscorers Kitson, Webb

Good game at Burngulow, not great to play in, didnt see much of the ball, the striker followed me about. But after 2 games in 6 weeks, was pleasing to win. We still looked a little rusty but if we keep playing then things will pick up. Sticker have only ever had 1 game in 6 years called off. The pitch drains well, and has a decent surface considering the rain that has come down. Bude looked really tidy today, young side.

Anyone have any idea when the draws made for the next round.

Any report on porthleven penzance ?

Taken from the Penzance website who very kindly took my pictures from the Porthleven website without permission tut tut:

Penzance performed well in the first half and looked the better side, with Andy Westgarth having his weak penalty against his old club saved by home keeper Danny Burrows, before the Magpies twice hit the post through Reski and Ludlam.

But despite creating a whole host of chances, Penzance couldn't breach the Porthleven defence and the home side, who performed much better in the second half, probably just about deserved their place in the third round draw.

Both sides finished the game with 10 men, with Reski and Porthleven's Martin Day receiving their marching orders late in the second half.

St Stephen's Borough 3-2 St Blazey

Attendance: 100 approx (30 from St Blazey)

A woeful performance from St Blazey was enough to see their disastrous form in cup competitions continue. Quite simply, we weren't good enough. Losing to a team three divisions below us - these are tough times for the Blazey faithful!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

St Dominick 1 v 3 Newquay AFC

The Home side were 1-0 up after just 75secs when the ref sent off Andy Morris for handball on the goal line and awarded a penalty. Morris claimed the ball hit his hand whilst he was protecting his own balls. A scrppy first half on a boggy but playable pitch with the 10 man visitors probably having the better chances. Ash Bradshaw causing all sorts of problems for the home defence as he patrolled up and down the left, he was booked despite winning the ball cleanly, much to the amazement of all in thye ground. Azzer Bicknall was doing a similar job on the right and tormented the poor left back. Scott and Luke gave the central defenders plenty to think about, although when St Dom did break they looked very dangerous. SYMON WINNAN in the Newquay goal kept out the few chances that got through the depleted defence. It was a cracking shot from 25 yards by Azzer that went in just under the bar 10mins before the break that brought some relief to the travelling fans.

Newquays 10 men bossed the 2nd half without converting a host of chances but with the home side playing down the slope, there was always the worry that a slip on the surface could lead to a 2nd home goal. However, some sterling work in midfield by Middsy, Paul Hampshire and Riggers brought a seige onto the home penalty area and eventually Scott Palmer blasted a fierce shot which took a deflection to make it 2-1. Both sides hit the woodwork and it was an anxious last 25 mins for those who made the journey from Mount Wise.

With the light fading, various subs were made and it was young Josh Harris who cut in from the left to deftly chip the keeper to make the game safe. However, this was after the ref decided a 10 a side game may be fairer and sent of a home player for swinging a punch after he made a messy challenge which was followed by handbags. The ref then made himself even less popular with the home contingent when he produced another red, after a home player swore at the Lino after he gave what looked like an incorrect free kick decision.

Newquay deserved the victory but are gutted that we won't be playing St Blazey in the 3rd Rd.

Cracking pub in the village with a huge menu which I'm sure would have been nice on a Sunday lunchtime, great views down to the Tamar and across Dartmoor.

All the results in one place :

Bodmin Town 1, Truro City 3

Callington Town PvP Mousehole

Falmouth Town PvP Wendron United

Hayle 0v5 Perranporth

Helston Athletic 1, Saltash United 8 (Thorne 4, A Mason 2, T Clark, Frickleton)

Illogan RBL 2, Foxhole Stars 1

Launceston PvP Perranwell

Millbrook PvP Liskeard Athletic

Penryn Athletic 2, Godolphin Atlantic 1

Porthleven 2, Penzance 0

Probus 0, Dobwalls 6

St Dominick 1, Newquay 3 (Bicknell, Palmer, Harris)

St Stephens Borough 3 (Wright, Wilkinson, Haste), St Blazey 2

Sticker 2 (Kitson, Webb), Bude Town 1

Torpoint Athletic 3, Camelford 2

Wadebridge Town PvP St Austell

St Stephen's Borough 3-2 St Blazey

Attendance: 100 approx (30 from St Blazey)

A woeful performance from St Blazey was enough to see their disastrous form in cup competitions continue. Quite simply, we weren't good enough. Losing to a team three divisions below us - these are tough times for the Blazey faithful!

Well done DanBlazey for at least taking the result on the chin, better than I can say for some of your other fellow supporters!

"Well at least we don't have to come to this place again"

"You should never have to play football on that sort of pitch"

Better players should be able to prove their worth on any surface, especially when they even train on the very same surface! Mind you, perhaps one sensible comment from the same supporter "we're not that good!"

On the day the St Blazey back four never looked comfortable against the Borough's front two of Wilkinson and Fort; St Blazey's 'keeper failed to hold much all afternoon, and that proved costly with the winning goal, and as for the No.8, Maddison, sent off for two yellow cards (both overzealous tackles), probably justice after an earlier infringement that he got away with! And we won't mention the foul by Zalick, flying in from the back, at least waist high and already on a yellow card! With the game well into stoppage time, all that was gievn was free-kick! All you can say thank god for the inconsistency of referee Stephen Paull.

Actually, I suppose you could say this ref is always consistent because he's always inconsistent :D

Guest Uncle Albert

I thought St Stephens Borough deserved their victory. They are three divisions below St Blazey, and certainly didn't look like it. I saw very little difference between the teams - if anything, Borough looked the better organised side.

Their keeper was better, their centre half was better, and their striker (Wilkinson) was certainly better than anything Blazey had on the day.

Maddison was simply stupid, having been booked only two minutes before his second offence. It's his second successive red card and if he doesn't mature very quickly, he could be in a lot of trouble with referees.

Well done to Borough. A well organised afternoon, a good performance, and a great result.

oh dear oh dear oh dear, well done st stephens, port and perranporth but st blazey, pz and hayle wot can i say cept major rethink on where are you heading ,signs have been there for weeks now but people are burying their heads .COME ON BOYS GET YOUR ACTS TOGETHER TODAYS "RESULTS"SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES :wacko::wacko: :wacko:

Guest st george9

st stephens borough 3 st blazey 2

Andy Wright 1 Dave Wilkinson 1 Alex Haste 1

Thank you for the comments. Every player played their hearts out for Borough today, and showed what good players we are at the club.. If anyone can blame that surface you are kidding yourself.. We came from a goal behind and worked are socks off...we could have been 4 1 up at half time but were unlucky with a few shots

Even after blazey came at us in the second half and got level we stayed strong and got the winner

as for the sending off his own team mates were annoyed with him, and how Zalick never got a straight red for a waist high 2 footed challenge is shocking ,even the keeper blacker could have gone for foul outside the box when boro were clean through..but anyway it was a great day for are club , and with players that have been with the club since dutchy 4...every man in red today was brilliant :yahoo:

Guest Helston Patriot

anyone know the truro line up??

It was the Truro RESERVE side, the first team had bigger fish to fry in the mens league.

Strange how no one is bothered about other teams line ups. The KIDS did well.

whats the problem?? just wanted to know if my mates played ie liam and craig!!! I spoke to karl Turner and he told me Truro played very well.

Stop getting defensive :SM_carton_y:

Heard on the grapevine reski two footed dayer so he give him a smack! Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anybody

I was told by my mate a Portheleven player that Reski's challenge was the worst he had ever seen playing football and when Dayer got up and smacked him in the face, Reski squealed like a pig (which I thought was funny quite considering Penzance were playing in pink). Just what I was told.

Oh dear oh dear, oh DEAR DEAR DEAR ! I warned them ! You've got to pay for at least seven subs to go to away matches. False economy otherwise if the manager goes and takes half the team ! If you're serious about going up to play in the big boys' leagues you have to have the funding in place. But would they listen ? No, nothing but personal abuse!

So who was on the Penzance bench at Port, then ? It's all going Pete Tong , Newquay at home, Portheleven away ! Come on West Penwith !

This is your biggest club, isn't it ? Where are the LOCAL BOYS ? Where is the passion ? Where is the outrage ?

Shame, boy ! Tedn't sport no more ! Dirty old money, it d'ruin everything !

Good word that !

Ruin ! :D

Guest Man on the Post

I was told by my mate a Portheleven player that Reski's challenge was the worst he had ever seen playing football and when Dayer got up and smacked him in the face, Reski shit his pants and squealed like a pig (which I thought was funny quite considering Penzance were playing in pink). Just what I was told.

Proverb: Exaggeration is to paint a snake and add legs. :D :Santa:

Heard on the grapevine reski two footed dayer so he give him a smack! Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anybody

I was told by my mate a Portheleven player that Reski's challenge was the worst he had ever seen playing football and when Dayer got up and smacked him in the face, Reski shit his pants and squealed like a pig (which I thought was funny quite considering Penzance were playing in pink). Just what I was told.

if this tackle was any lower down his leg it would of been a+e for martin , reski should of been punched harder ,i would of shit my pants with braddy and half the port team running at ya . good win for port lads working hard for each other ,

Dayer is probably pretty sensitive about bad tackles as his big bro's footballing days were ended by an abolute shocker years ago.

Rosenburg are you just bitter that someone else in the far far west is throwing their money around and it not all about the tinners down there anymore because you have been taken for a lot of pennies. How many players saw you coming and ordered a new fridge for the mrs over the years. At least Penzance are honest about it, we all know they are paying out but they have ambition to move up a league. And can you blame for personal abuse really?

Just for a few people who were interested.

Bodmin Town 1-3 Truro City Res

Truro Reserves Line-up

Jason Peters, Sam Gherkin, Andy Van Evelingen, Dan Herring, Martin Moon, Paul Cox, Sam Cooper, Joe McQuade, Josh Sims, Shane Tolley, Liam Eddy (Rob Dunn 15)

Subs Not Used; Charlie Conway, Lewis Ellis, Jack Partland, Tom Ball.

Eddy (10)

Tolley (61)

Dunn (69)

Head injury to Eddy forced him off for stitches early on.

Just for a few people who were interested.

Bodmin Town 1-3 Truro City Res

Truro Reserves Line-up

Jason Peters, Sam Gherkin, Andy Van Evelingen, Dan Herring, Martin Moon, Paul Cox, Sam Cooper, Joe McQuade, Josh Sims, Shane Tolley, Liam Eddy (Rob Dunn 15)

Subs Not Used; Charlie Conway, Lewis Ellis, Jack Partland, Tom Ball.

Eddy (10)

Tolley (61)

Dunn (69)

Head injury to Eddy forced him off for stitches early on.

heard you had a good game jason,robs report on radio cornwall was a laugh ,it was like a request show ,he even ask his new missis to put the kettle on,what a star :Santa: :clapper:

no report from the perranporth camp,great result, :Santa:

ive seen perranporth play a few times this season and they are a VERY good side. I can see why most people think they will win the combination. ive seen quite a lot of the combo teams play this year (havent seen Illogan yet. have seen perranwell) and perranporth look far too good for this league. on saturday they controlled the game from the first whistle till the last and its no exaggeration to say that it could have been 8 or 9 nil. the hayle defence struggled to cope with the pace of the front two from perranporth. on the other hand apart from one free kick the perranporth back 4 were never out of cruise control.

someone from perranporth told me that dean harris has scored in all the last ten games for perranporth and watching him on saturday i cant say i'm surprised. :clapper:

Hayle 0 v Perranporth 5

Perranporth eased into the next round with an emphatic victory over higher league opposition. Perran opened the scoring on 96 seconds when striker Alex Arquati raced clear of the Hayle defence and delicately clipped the ball over the advancing Chatfield to make the score 0-1. The next 25 minutes saw both sides have their chances, Hayle hit a post following good work from Palmer on the right and Justin Miles should have scored with a close range header only to be denied by Chatfield. Kayne Trevaskis powered a header just wide when well placed and a number of half chances were spurned by the visitors in a half that seemed to be all one way traffic.

On 27 minutes a good save from the home keeper to deny Trevaskis was converted on the rebound by Dean Harris to make the score 0-2. This seemed to further deflate Hayle and the third and final goal of the half was duely despatched by Bryan Hawke, a well taken goal from 15 yards after good work from debutant Luke Brown on the left.

HT 0-3

The second half started in the same vein as the first, Perranporth creating all the chances and dominating in the centre of the park. Ian Gosling putting in a MOM performance to deny the home side any time or space on the ball. Perranporth increased their lead 25 minutes in, Kayne Trevaskis finding himself one on one with Chatfield, this time making no mistake sliding the ball under the keeper from 18 yards. Andrew replaced Arquati and debutant Jones replaced debutant Brown. Perranporth continued to create chances and the final goal of the game came with 5 minutes left on the clock, Jones volleying a gosling cross home at the far post to cap a great team performance and a truely miserable day for Hayle.

Perranporth

A. Butcher, E. Brown, M. Cain, J. Miles, B. Goldring, B. Hawke, I. Gosling, D. Harris, L. Brown, K. Trevaskis, A. Arquati.

Subs: J. Andrew, S. Jones