Cornwall Football Forum

Player news

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Is that to play up front with your top scorer of the western league or replacing? 

Alongside Jared Lewington I presume, haven't heard he is leaving. Don't know what that means for Ryan Bush though. 

2 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Think Farkins lack of pace is critical now. Gets booked too often too. He was great for PPFC in his prime!

Real leader in that Parkway side, effectively the manager on the pitch. Him and Nick Milton were a great pairing in that first Western League season. Very popular around the club as well, made a point of talking to all the volunteers before a home match.

4 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Real leader in that Parkway side, effectively the manager on the pitch. Him and Nick Milton were a great pairing in that first Western League season. Very popular around the club as well, made a point of talking to all the volunteers before a home match.

Milton & Farkins at their best utter rocks in defence for Parkway in their pomp!

Damerell, Shepherd and Payne all due to leave Helston announced on the club's twitter. Can't say I'm surprised with the increase in travel going up to the SL and can't imagine they'll be the last to leave and stay elsewhere in the WL. 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I can’t understand the logic in getting promoted then leaving.  
wonder if any of them will end up at parkway.  Shepherd a big loss. 

All three are quality players at this level. Payne is under-rated and was missed when not available in some of the games I saw. 

Challenge now for Matt Cusack and Steve Massey to replace them. Won't come cheap. Hope they don't look to their nearest neighbours. (And don't mean Porthleven!)

1 minute ago, mattelot said:

Probably a bit further up the tamar.

Gunnislake? Launceston?

21 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

All three are quality players at this level. Payne is under-rated and was missed when not available in some of the games I saw. 

Challenge now for Matt Cusack and Steve Massey to replace them. Won't come cheap. Hope they don't look to their nearest neighbours. (And don't mean Porthleven!)

Gunnislake? Launceston?

You mean wendron then scott ?:yahoo:

45 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Gunnislake? Launceston?

Will be interesting to see where Jack Bray-Evans and Reece Thomson play next season. Both released by Parkway.

46 minutes ago, Saltash Tim said:

Confirmed on club twitter Payne and Shepard have signed for Saltash.  Very happy with that.

The bit of experience that Saltash were crying out for in midfield, and the proven goalscorer that their general play deserved.

Two superb bits of business by Macca Brown.

32 minutes ago, winston said:

Rumours of bray evans going back to Newquay with mconie also returning to mount wise 

Would be surprised by that. JBE on an upward trajectory regarding the standard he wants to play at. No disrespect to Newquay.

Is Mconie back at Newquay? Decent team in prospect if they keep Louis Price and the rest of last season's squad. Mconie would be a loss for Mousehole though. If true, seem to have a few drifting away for various reasons.

2 hours ago, Saltash Tim said:

They may have young families and don’t want all the extra travelling.   They definitely haven’t left for the money, that’s for sure. 

You could be wrong there in regards to money! I guess you will have to keep guessing and writing your opinions 👍

3 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

The bit of experience that Saltash were crying out for in midfield, and the proven goalscorer that their general play deserved.

Two superb bits of business by Macca Brown.

It may only be good business for 1 season, as if Saltash gain promotion, would these players look to join another Western League Club in the following season? Very difficult to build a stable and successful club if players don’t have the same ambition. Feel for Helston and their manager.

15 hours ago, mattelot said:

Probably a bit further up the tamar.

How right you were! Fantastic signings for Saltash. They had a really exciting young side last season albeit not always coming away with the results, most scorelines and reports suggest the games were always tight. With Payne and Shepherd on board it could turn those close defeats into close victories!

11 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Would be surprised by that. JBE on an upward trajectory regarding the standard he wants to play at. No disrespect to Newquay.

Is Mconie back at Newquay? Decent team in prospect if they keep Louis Price and the rest of last season's squad. Mconie would be a loss for Mousehole though. If true, seem to have a few drifting away for various reasons.

Can't see JBE going back to step 6 football in the SWPL (I have no idea of his personal or work circumstances though). Step 5 with St Austell may be worth looking out for...

Sorry to hear JBE is being let go by Parkway but he has had a lot of injuries and will be out for a while yet ,i can see him going back to Falmouth hes hero worshipped there like Rappo was and still is ,Just imagine Jack and Oscar Massey up front they would take some stopping and the amount of goals those 2 would score .

Hope Jack would return to Newquay but hes got to get fit 1st and Newquay are building a good side but i have heard the 2 players bein mentioned from 2 different people that Cam Turner is going to St Austell and Louis Price but now that JBE is available i bet he goes to Falmouth and Louis stays at Newquay .

Heard a couple of players on the move 1 from St Austell and 1 from Wadebridge but im keeping there names quiet lots of rumours no doubt 

3 hours ago, Southwest football fan said:

Really think he's what parkway needs? Can't see it myself. He's probably gone because Ryan Richards has joined and lets be honest he ain't playing over him. 

Would say he a more mobile better option the Matt  wright 

22 hours ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Reece Thompson seems to move around a lot, as I believe he signed for Mousehole from Saltash a year or two ago, played at Parkway, now signing for Helston. A good player though.

Is that his doing or has the decision been taken out of his hands? He scored a few goals for Parkway last season but not enough to suggest he was up to that level, and if he wasn't retained then he has to find a new club from somewhere. Seems strange that he left Mousehole due to the distance to only head back to Helston this season when he's a Plymouth based player (assuming he is anyway!)

3 hours ago, Crouchy85 said:

Is that his doing or has the decision been taken out of his hands? He scored a few goals for Parkway last season but not enough to suggest he was up to that level, and if he wasn't retained then he has to find a new club from somewhere. Seems strange that he left Mousehole due to the distance to only head back to Helston this season when he's a Plymouth based player (assuming he is anyway!)

If it was a choice between keeping him or Matt wright. Then keeping Matt wright on instead was ridiculous. I expect it was more he wanted a new challenge and knows the manager and a lot of the players down at helston. 

17 hours ago, Crouchy85 said:

Think Mousehole train 2 nights a week in Penryn, heard that Helston train at Saltmill in Saltash (where I believe Reece Thomson lives). That cuts the travelling right down.