Cornwall Football Forum

58 minutes ago, Railwayman in Exile said:

So from that to confirm, no-one from the East, appreciate from the podcast, some can't?

All three make sense.

Yep no one from the SPL East.

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand your comment "appreciate from the podcast, some can't?"

6 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Yep no one from the SPL East.

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand your comment "appreciate from the podcast, some can't?"

From your interviews.

St Dominic can't due to floodlight issues, they can't be installed due to the positioning. I think they stated too close to residential properties.

Saltash Borough had issues when you spoke to Kevin, was a while ago so can't recall exactly what they were. 

1 hour ago, Falmouthman said:

Will Falmouth first team have to be promoted for the second team to be promoted?

Unless the criteria has recently changed, my understanding is that there must be a two Step "gap" between 1st & Reserve teams, so that "gap" would be Steps 5 + 4, meaning 1st teams would need to be at Step 3 to allow Reserve teams to enter Step 6.

2 hours ago, John Mead said:

Unless the criteria has recently changed, my understanding is that there must be a two Step "gap" between 1st & Reserve teams, so that "gap" would be Steps 5 + 4, meaning 1st teams would need to be at Step 3 to allow Reserve teams to enter Step 6.

The NLS Regs haven't changed John and still say 'two steps between' but the FA's current interpretation of that is that the first team has to be at Step 4 which means that Mousehole are eligible and Falmouth will be if the first team gain promotion.  Why they're reluctant to change the regs to say that and make it absolutely clear is a bit of a mystery.

6 hours ago, Railwayman in Exile said:

From your interviews.

St Dominic can't due to floodlight issues, they can't be installed due to the positioning. I think they stated too close to residential properties.

Saltash Borough had issues when you spoke to Kevin, was a while ago so can't recall exactly what they were. 

Got ya! 👍

2 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

The NLS Regs haven't changed John and still say 'two steps between' but the FA's current interpretation of that is that the first team has to be at Step 4 which means that Mousehole are eligible and Falmouth will be if the first team gain promotion.  Why they're reluctant to change the regs to say that and make it absolutely clear is a bit of a mystery.

Why am I not surprised about that?

On 06/01/2024 at 06:02, Railwayman in Exile said:

From your interviews.

Correct, we rent our ground from the national trust. And with there being neighbouring houses, we wouldn’t get floodlights. So unfortunately to many hurdles for us to jump. Although we would relish the chance to make the step up as we feel the rest of our current set up is good enough, and our playing squad good enough. 
Martin Hunn

St Dominic FC Secretary 

On 07/01/2024 at 08:38, Massive88 said:

Correct, we rent our ground from the national trust. And with there being neighbouring houses, we wouldn’t get floodlights. So unfortunately to many hurdles for us to jump. Although we would relish the chance to make the step up as we feel the rest of our current set up is good enough, and our playing squad good enough. 
Martin Hunn

St Dominic FC Secretary 

Give the planning permission people a back hander n get the lights up,or get on the parish council n get the backing that way lol in all seriousness tho have u guys actually sent out a letter to the houses which would be affected and seen if they would object?

On 07/01/2024 at 08:38, Massive88 said:

Martin Hunn

St Dominic FC Secretary 

Can I get in for free to your games with my National trust card ?. 😜

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Bantona said:

St Day guaranteed promotion and Mousehole Dev favourites now by the looks of it? With Falmouth needing their first team to get promotion and themselves needing to catch Mousehole Dev up?

Have st day met the ground grading requirements for promotion? From my understanding (which as always is very little 😉) the area around the ground still needs work to achieve the standard required (hard standing)

Good well run club and as champions elect would be the right club to be promoted so fingers crossed for them 🤞

St Day guaranteed promotion and Mousehole Dev favourites now by the looks of it? With Falmouth needing their first team to get promotion and themselves needing to catch Mousehole Dev up?

To be clear, only one team can be promoted from each of the Premier Divisions.  Each is an NLS Regional Feeder League in its own right.

8 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

To be clear, only one team can be promoted from each of the Premier Divisions.  Each is an NLS Regional Feeder League in its own right.

Only St Day then? I thought I read that there weren’t any teams going up from SPL East? Meaning there are two spaces available from SPL West? My mistake. Thanks, Steve. 😃

Only St Day then? I thought I read that there weren’t any teams going up from SPL East? Meaning there are two spaces available from SPL West? My mistake. Thanks, Steve. 😃

You're correct that there are no promotion candidates from the East but the East and West Premier Divisions are, for FA purposes, individual Feeder Leagues and are listed as such in the NLS Regs.  Under the rules only 1 team can be promoted from each division.  If the FA were to over-ride the rules and promote 2 then it's entirely possible that the West Division next season would not meet the criteria to be classed as a Feeder as it's a requirement to have 14 teams at the commencement of the fixtures.  That would be a long way from ideal and bring its own complications.  

1 hour ago, Steve Carpenter said:

it's entirely possible that the West Division next season would not meet the criteria to be classed as a Feeder as it's a requirement to have 14 teams at the commencement of the fixtures.  That would be a long way from ideal and bring its own complications.  

Are there any considerations the teams in the Division One West title race have to think about to ensure they will be eligible to take promotion Steve?   

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Are there any considerations the teams in the Division One West title race have to think about to ensure they will be eligible to take promotion Steve?   

Grade 8 ground grading compliance is the driver Dave.  All grounds in both Division One's apart from Looe and TMS and those we already have records for have been visited and feedback provided to the clubs.   This season a club also has to apply but that will change next season as the grading exercise will be completed very soon. 

From the top Mawnan need to move their pitch to the top of the field and are negotiating that but it may not be possible for next season, Hayle aren't eligible, Praze cannot meet the grading at Nancegollan but may have a solution, St Ives would need another check of the pitch against the Grade 8 requirements, Troon passed ground grading, RNAS Culdrose have some works to do and will be compliant in time for promotion at the end of next season, West Cornwall are Grade 8 compliant. 

Of those clubs Mawnan, Troon and Praze have applied.

A question on relegation Steve, Wendron look like being relegated from Div.3 west. Where does that leave the Wendron team in Div.4 west. Will they have to leave the league. If so it seems harsh on the club, but I also understand about 2 teams from the same club being in the same league 

10 hours ago, Martin Eddy said:

A question on relegation Steve, Wendron look like being relegated from Div.3 west. Where does that leave the Wendron team in Div.4 west. Will they have to leave the league. If so it seems harsh on the club, but I also understand about 2 teams from the same club being in the same league 

Yes and no is the answer Martin.  SCOR states that they should 'automatically retire from the competition' at Rule 22b although this is in italics which means it's an optional rule though it is one that has been taken.  On the other hand Rule 2m states 'Only one Team from a Club shall be permitted to participate in a single division unless there is no viable alternative because of logistical issues and/or reasons linked to participation and geographical boundaries........'   So, with no other league as an option to join with Cornwall FA permission, 2 teams from the same club could compete in the same division BUT they must operate as two separate entities meaning, for example, players could only be registered for one or the other and could only move between the teams by being transferred.  As it happens Wendron 5ths have given provisional notice to withdraw anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

St Day have submitted all promotional paperwork as this has to be done prior to the end of December.

We have had a stadium accreditation visit (formally known as ground grading) and we have a few items outstanding.

We have been gradually working  on items such as changing rooms, public toilets, hospitality, widening the pitch, digging out so that the pitch can be lengthen by 4m this May all over the last two years.

We have to put hardstanding on 3 sides, seater stand, ticket booth and floodlights. All of which have gained planning permission (some in 2021).

Work is commencing on Sat 4th May with some volunteers, then it's over to pitch contractors and ground contractors to complete the rest. We will shortly be instructing a floodlight company to get them install in the near future too.

Hopefully that brings the world up to date with little of St Day AFC!😁🖤💛

On 21/04/2024 at 09:23, Mark Leah said:

St Day have submitted all promotional paperwork as this has to be done prior to the end of December.

We have had a stadium accreditation visit (formally known as ground grading) and we have a few items outstanding.

We have been gradually working  on items such as changing rooms, public toilets, hospitality, widening the pitch, digging out so that the pitch can be lengthen by 4m this May all over the last two years.

We have to put hardstanding on 3 sides, seater stand, ticket booth and floodlights. All of which have gained planning permission (some in 2021).

Work is commencing on Sat 4th May with some volunteers, then it's over to pitch contractors and ground contractors to complete the rest. We will shortly be instructing a floodlight company to get them install in the near future too.

Hopefully that brings the world up to date with little of St Day AFC!😁🖤💛

shame no mention of the car park? can hardly get 20 cars in there let alone enough for a big game! the overflow field i used a while back is an accident waiting to happen its so uneven, going out either end onto a very dangerous road!

ST Ives pitch needs to be looked at at the end of this season, steve carpenter there must be a basic requirement for any level for a pitch to be relatively even, its horrendous down there and getting worse as the seasons pass!