Cornwall Football Forum

NEW OWNERS AS CITY ARE ON THEIR WAY HOME!

Dave Deacon

On 07/12/2023 at 16:19, Monsoon said:

Some attendance figures for the rugby league

Not too shabby for a Northern game eh ? Bet a few football clubs down here would love those sort of figures.

These figures are from the 2022 season.Looking around the ground the 2023 figures wouldn't be too far adrift.

Northern game, but a surprisingly large number of Cornish and Devon followers! Will be getting a ST again next year!

• 1 month later...

58 minutes ago, Jeremy Wade said:

its been very quite on the subject! Any updates?

JW

Yes, would be nice to hear a progress report from the new owners or their representatives. Would think that some sort of promotional campaign will be be getting underway to build awareness in the area and sell season tickets, not to mention getting pre season friendlies at their new home arranged.

Am I also correct in thinking that April 1st (2 months away now), is the deadline for Truro City to inform the National League where they will be playing next season?

33 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Any truth in rumour Truro are looking to use Taunton ground to finish the home fixtures ?  

Cannot see any way that the Southern League would allow that. Wordsworth Drive has also been prone to waterlogging this season and has seen plenty of cancellations. 

19 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Cannot see any way that the Southern League would allow that. Wordsworth Drive has also been prone to waterlogging this season and has seen plenty of cancellations. 

Good job the Southern League don't have a say in the matter 😅

Think, there is inevitably going to be some clashes and significant pressure on the volunteer workforce and availability at Bolitho Park so exploring alternatives might not be such a bad thing.

Outside of poor weather Taunton's pitch is generally okay and have recently had some work done to it so it could be an option.

Whether Taunton are open to the idea of "helping" a relegation rival as it might end up is another matter.

58 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Neither Taunton or Truro are in the southern league, nothing to do with them, 

46 minutes ago, TheOpinionoftheReferee said:

Good job the Southern League don't have a say in the matter 😅

Think, there is inevitably going to be some clashes and significant pressure on the volunteer workforce and availability at Bolitho Park so exploring alternatives might not be such a bad thing.

Outside of poor weather Taunton's pitch is generally okay and have recently had some work done to it so it could be an option.

Whether Taunton are open to the idea of "helping" a relegation rival as it might end up is another matter.

45 minutes ago, Tamar.man said:

Neither Taunton or Truro are in the southern league, nothing to do with them, 

My mistake , National League.

Tuesday night match between Truro and Taunton now reversed, and will be played at Wordsworth Drive. Probably a sensible decision that eases the pressure on the Bolitho pitch.Does raise the question of what now happens on Saturday March 2nd when Taunton were due to be home to Truro, Parkway are fixtured to be playing at home against Salisbury on that day. Guess one of these games is going to have to shift to Friday night or even Sunday afternoon to accommodate both.

14 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Tuesday night match between Truro and Taunton now reversed, and will be played at Wordsworth Drive. Probably a sensible decision that eases the pressure on the Bolitho pitch.Does raise the question of what now happens on Saturday March 2nd when Taunton were due to be home to Truro, Parkway are fixtured to be playing at home against Salisbury on that day. Guess one of these games is going to have to shift to Friday night or even Sunday afternoon to accommodate both.

From what i understand Taunton are still classed as the  away team Tuesday.  So will still play home on march the  2nd . 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

From what i understand Taunton are still classed aa the  away team Tuesday.  So will still play home on march the  2nd . 

The club view on their website:-“Truro City can confirm that the club's scheduled home match against Taunton Town on Tuesday, February, 6, has been reversed. 

The game will now take place at Taunton Town's home venue of Wordsworth Drive.
As per the original fixture, the game will kick-off at 7.45pm.

This fixture reversal means that Truro City will now become the home club, when we face the Peacocks on Saturday, March 2.”

42 minutes ago, tfenlon said:

Ambiguous wording with neither ground being named

Would have thought the change of ownership at City would have ushered in a new era of engagement with their past, current and future supporter base. 

Rumours and conjecture about them seeing out the season on Taunton's ground are swirling around the various forums and social media sites. Nothing from the club either confirming or denying this and giving reasons for the fixture "reversal."

5 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Would have thought the change of ownership at City would have ushered in a new era of engagement with their past, current and future supporter base. 

Rumours and conjecture about them seeing out the season on Taunton's ground are swirling around the various forums and social media sites. Nothing from the club either confirming or denying this and giving reasons for the fixture "reversal."

As once said before.  The communication from the club is appalling. 

Mr Masters said about something a while back and if you weren’t part of whatever that was then you knew nothing. You can ask on Twitter but you get no response. 

A joke of a club who have alienated so many people. 

3 hours ago, St Darren said:

As once said before.  The communication from the club is appalling. 

Mr Masters said about something a while back and if you weren’t part of whatever that was then you knew nothing. You can ask on Twitter but you get no response. 

A joke of a club who have alienated so many people. 

It ain't great, and the sad thing is, its so easy to fix.

46 minutes ago, Craze said:

It ain't great, and the sad thing is, its so easy to fix.

Cut some slack here, I sure all will work out in the fullness of time, very difficult to change grounds midterm without good reason, so you can rule that out, new owners are new owners with no inherited infrastructure, it will take time to learn the ropes, as long as all the wages, bills are being paid and we stay in the NLS, that would be a good enough for me. Truro City F.C are coming home for good next season, rejoice!

17 minutes ago, Peter Masters said:

Cut some slack here, I sure all will work out in the fullness of time, very difficult to change grounds midterm without good reason, so you can rule that out, new owners are new owners with no inherited infrastructure, it will take time to learn the ropes, as long as all the wages, bills are being paid and we stay in the NLS, that would be a good enough for me. Truro City F.C are coming home for good next season, rejoice!

Cut some slack.  It’s been the same shit show off the pitch for the last 15 years. They’ve no interest interacting with others. 

On 03/02/2024 at 18:19, St Darren said:

Cut some slack.  It’s been the same shit show off the pitch for the last 15 years. They’ve no interest interacting with others. 

Nasty! you always had regular updates from me and indeed Radio Cornwall, I am sure when TCFC come home things will be a lot better, I trust you will buy a season ticket?

12 minutes ago, Peter Masters said:

Nasty! you always had regular updates from me and indeed Radio Cornwall, I am sure when TCFC come home things will be a lot better, I trust you will buy a season ticket?

But why are they not better now ? Only when they come back ??  Why all the secrets all the time. I’m assuming Truro want a crowd turning up when they ever get back home.   is there no drive to promote the club in Cornwall .  The players maybe doing a meet and greet in the town they supposedly represent or doing training down there 

I bet there 1/2 of the squad that probably never set foot in Truro. 
All seems an odd way to run a club 

17 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

But why are they not better now ? Only when they come back ??  Why all the secrets all the time. I’m assuming Truro want a crowd turning up when they ever get back home.   is there no drive to promote the club in Cornwall .  The players maybe doing a meet and greet in the town they supposedly represent or doing training down there 

I don't think there are any secrets, there is no drama going on behind the curtains as far as I am aware, maybe one or two have their own self interests, but whats new there! I am sure when Truro are back home they can expect good crowds in excess 1000, maybe TISA will return, older and much wiser :)

1 hour ago, Peter Masters said:

Why would I buy a season ticket when the club don’t do anything for the community.  There’s no communication, you ask a question and there’s nothing in return. They’ve got years of building bridges to get near to the support that the likes of Falmouth Town get. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

That's what I can't put my finger on as well. You would have thought that pictures of the new ground, players in hi viz vests  at the building site and the like would be all over social and print media. To my knowledge, there's nothing beyond #FootballsComingHome on all the club's tweets. If they were looking to engage supporters past and present while attracting those new to the club (Eric Perez talked about wanting kids walking around wearing Truro City shirts) then there would be major promotional drives happening now, but it seems nothing is happening. Persistent rumours knocking around various forums that Langarth will not be ready for the start of season 2024/25, and the lack of communication coming from Truro City just fuels this.

16 hours ago, St Darren said:

I think there’s a touch of arrogance from the club thinking that people will just flock back when they return to Truro. 

I think they're just naive/stupid. They seriously need someone to do PR full time, and someone to run the website better than it is - theres pages on there that are almost a decade old. No simple to fix things like player bios/meet the squad. Regular updates on player fitness etc.

https://www.trurocityfc.net/teams/83206

Links to pages from 2015 and 2016.

22 hours ago, Peter Masters said:

I don't think there are any secrets, there is no drama going on behind the curtains as far as I am aware, maybe one or two have their own self interests, but whats new there! I am sure when Truro are back home they can expect good crowds in excess 1000, maybe TISA will return, older and much wiser :)

1000 :o:D

22 hours ago, Peter Masters said:

1000,probably be more watching Threemilestone!

8 hours ago, Craze said:

I think they're just naive/stupid. They seriously need someone to do PR full time, and someone to run the website better than it is - theres pages on there that are almost a decade old. No simple to fix things like player bios/meet the squad. Regular updates on player fitness etc.

https://www.trurocityfc.net/teams/83206

Links to pages from 2015 and 2016.

Great report by Rhod Mitchell on there about an 8-goal thriller against Maidenhead......unfortunately it is from Jan. 2016!!!!!!

Just not good enough from a National League outfit and the top team in Cornwall.  Someone needs to up their game at that club.

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

So they've got current as well as one is able to go back into previous seasons. I don't really see what's so bad about that!

Well it doesn't make any sense that there are links to a decade ago when some of the up to date stuff isn't and/or doesn't even exist. Happy to take on the job if anyones listening!

On 04/02/2024 at 20:07, Peter Masters said:

I don’ t think ‘expect’ is the right word here. However, as I’ve said, the new owners have make a good job of building a fan base whilst running the Rugby League operation. This is essentially what they face next 

IF tickets, match day and season tickets, are competitively priced that will help, as would a couple of prestige PSFs to raise the club profile. A commercial presence in the city would be good, but a tricky period even further away from Cornwall apparently awaits. City are nearly home and then a make or break period awaits. I’m cautiously optimistic. 

Fan engagement will be key. City’s record isn’t great, so a low bar to overcome!

Time I think to accept the fallout between the two clubs rather than ruminating on it further. These are two of the biggest clubs either side of the Tamar. Both have issues that need addressing, but I hope both can do so without further ill feeling or rancour and a poor ongoing relationship. We are where we are.

Heaven only knows what the gates for TCFC will be playing in Taunton. In Plymouth there is a city full of football fans. Parkway and other local club fans  had a chance to see a higher level of non league football in their vicinity . Taunton residents /  fans have the  exciting prospect of seeing the same set of teams they already see. Hmm.

A tough 2.5 months ahead for City, but let’s bite the bullet and get this season finished! 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Taunton need the cash. Parkway need Truro gone as they cant sustain 2 teams 

a win win situation for both clubs.  

Financially probably a lose-lose situation for both clubs. 

10 hours ago, Luke Gibbons said:

Could someone post the article here, please? My antivirus STILL won't let me go onto the site.

6 hours ago, Both SIdes of the Tamar said:

Time I think to accept the fallout between the two clubs rather than ruminating on it further. These are two of the biggest clubs either side of the Tamar. Both have issues that need addressing, but I hope both can do so without further ill feeling or rancour and a poor ongoing relationship. We are where we are.

Heaven only knows what the gates for TCFC will be playing in Taunton. In Plymouth there is a city full of football fans. Parkway and other local club fans  had a chance to see a higher level of non league football in their vicinity . Taunton residents /  fans have the  exciting prospect of seeing the same set of teams they already see. Hmm.

A tough 2.5 months ahead for City, but let’s bite the bullet and get this season finished! 

Financially probably a lose-lose situation for both clubs. 

Is that a literal fallout (clubs not getting on), or just regarding of the pitch not being playable?

"Football's Coming Home back to Truro, and back to Cornwall this summer for Truro City Football Club, but before it does, we must communicate an important update on home fixtures for the remainder of the current Vanarama National League South campaign.

As you are aware, unfortunately we have not been able to play a number of home fixtures at Bolitho Park this season. In the circumstances, we have made the decision to move our remaining home games this season away from Bolitho Park.

Truro City’s home games for the last months of the 23-24 campaign will take place at Wordsworth Drive, home of Taunton Town Football Club.

Our match against Eastbourne Borough will now take place this coming Saturday, February, 10, at Wordsworth Drive. The home fixture next Tuesday, February 13, against Dover Athletic will not take place on this date, and will be rescheduled to a date to be confirmed, later in the season.

This decision to move was not made lightly, and we recognise that in some ways it makes it even more difficult for our incredibly loyal supporters to be with us in our last matches outside Cornwall.

However, we consider that this temporary arrangement will help the club to best meet our remaining match day commitments for this season.

With such a momentous return home now confirmed for this summer, our time and energy away from the pitch is focused on making the imminent move to our brand-new facility at Langarth the best it can possibly be, for you, our fans, as well as for our players and staff.

The club would like to place on record our considerable thanks to the National League for their support since the takeover. We’d also like to thank Taunton Town, who have generously allowed us to see out our last few months in exile at their storied facility.

In the coming weeks, we will have more news to bring you regarding our return to Truro, but in the meantime, we are committed to finishing the season as strongly as possible and building for an incredibly bright future.

At home, in Truro, in Cornwall, where we belong."