Cornwall Football Forum

PIRAN FILMS VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: FALMOUTH TOWN V HELSTON ATHLETIC

Piran

4 hours ago, Brianmooreshead said:

Is it just me who finds the music overlay irritating ?

Really keen to get feedback like this. As you’ll be aware I normally  film with a commentator rather than use a music overlay. But I have taken this season to start my videos with 60 seconds or so of music  before my presenter / commentator comes on.

Thanks, though I make no apology when I am in Dire Straits. I couldn’t find a Local Hero to help me out on Tuesday in Steve’s absence.

Mark

5 hours ago, Piran said:

Really keen to get feedback like this. As you’ll be aware I normally  film with a commentator rather than use a music overlay. But I have taken this season to start my videos with 60 seconds or so of music  before my presenter / commentator comes on.

Thanks, though I make no apology when I am in Dire Straits. I couldn’t find a Local Hero to help me out on Tuesday in Steve’s absence.

Mark

You could have asked Le Boss.

1 hour ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Big error for the first. Must've been poor comms at the back. And how the kit clash between Coxhead's blue strip and Helston's was missed/allowed is nuts at that level and could've caused issues. Thanks for the footage @Piran

Kit clash? It's purple isn't it? Might be a camera/light thing but I reckon in the flesh that would have been fine.

18 hours ago, Piran said:

Mark

I don't mind the music for the introduction but as soon as the game starts its good to hear the players/supporters etc.

29 minutes ago, St Darren said:

It was pretty similar in colour in all fairness!!

Screenshot_20231027-132637.thumb.png.f64a6945dffb9b2e9beedaa0e3d99d9d.png

Certainly looks different enough here.

As to how it happens at this level is the referee looks at the team sheets, sees team in listed as playing in blue, sees GK in purple assumes two different colours as you would. No alarm bells certainly.

And then, using the image above, I don't expect from the referees perspective there was ever a problem. That might be different from the stands or obviously on the video but it certainly isn't nuts that the game was played as they were. 

Aaand if all else fails GKs are often the gobby one, wearing gloves 😏

36 minutes ago, TheOpinionoftheReferee said:

Screenshot_20231027-132637.thumb.png.f64a6945dffb9b2e9beedaa0e3d99d9d.png

Certainly looks different enough here.

As to how it happens at this level is the referee looks at the team sheets, sees team in listed as playing in blue, sees GK in purple assumes two different colours as you would. No alarm bells certainly.

And then, using the image above, I don't expect from the referees perspective there was ever a problem. That might be different from the stands or obviously on the video but it certainly isn't nuts that the game was played as they were. 

Aaand if all else fails GKs are often the gobby one, wearing gloves 😏

Agree it’s a different colour, but quick glance and there’s not a great deal of difference, especially under lights!

absolutely not nuts at all.  But I would have also totally understood if they requested the keeper to change his shirt. 

3 hours ago, St Darren said:

Agree it’s a different colour, but quick glance and there’s not a great deal of difference, especially under lights!

absolutely not nuts at all.  But I would have also totally understood if they requested the keeper to change his shirt. 

Funny how we all think differently (just as well mind you) as I thought goalkeeper's kit colour was distinctly different from Helston blue! No colour clash for me, however Saltash 'keeper the following evening was very similar light blue to what his team-mates were wearing!

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Funny how we all think differently (just as well mind you) as I thought goalkeeper's kit colour was distinctly different from Helston blue! No colour clash for me, however Saltash 'keeper the following evening was very similar light blue to what his team-mates were wearing!

Haha. No need for that.

It was only on the quick look that they looked reasonably similar. 

7 hours ago, St Darren said:

The FA have been pushing colour blindness for those watching and playing.

Statistically at least 2 players will have struggled, along with at least 20 spectators as well.

I would expect officials to ask for a change in this instance.

image.png.97b813fdac66a639aecd95f2470bed22.png