Cornwall Football Forum

11 minutes ago, Roy D said:

They are paying absolutely ridiculous money at Dropship. They have a bigger budget than some of the Cornish Western League teams. I'm sure they will work their way through the leagues & eventually find their level.

Where are you getting your information from? 

If they do have such a large budget, wouldn't they have a much better calibre of player? Or firstly find a permanent home? as a nomadic team surly cant survive long term.

Just looking at what they have registered on Full Time, I see nobody of any real standard.  Many are complete unknowns with several mediocre 'Trelawney' players with a couple mediocre 'St Pirans/Combo' thrown in.

JW

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Wade said:

Where are you getting your information from? 

If they do have such a large budget, wouldn't they have a much better calibre of player? Or firstly find a permanent home? as a nomadic team surly cant survive long term.

Just looking at what they have registered on Full Time, I see nobody of any real standard.  Many are complete unknowns with several mediocre 'Trelawney' players with a couple mediocre 'St Pirans/Combo' thrown in.

JW

Their season doesn't start for a few weeks so I guess they haven't got them all signed yet. They have some really good boys in, hence the friendly results. 

& I know of the dosh because I know half of the squad. 

34 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Their season doesn't start for a few weeks so I guess they haven't got them all signed yet. They have some really good boys in, hence the friendly results. 

& I know of the dosh because I know half of the squad. 

Fair enough.

What "really good boys" are they? can we have names?

JW

Way back in the summer of '92 (sounds like a song I know !) my striking partner and I had decided to leave Threemilestone to go to Trispen,both teams in the then Mining League div 1,anyway the TMS manager at the time was obviously keen to keep his two main strikers so he offered to pay us.

Even after telling him that you're not allowed to pay players at amateur level (the clue's in the name) he tried to 'pay' us with merchandise from his shop !

We clearly didn't fancy being banned from anywhere in Cornwall at any level and having to drive to Devon every week to play,so hot footed it to Trispen as quick as possible !

Unless the rules have changed in the last 30 years and the Cornwall FA would probably have a definitive answer on that then I think that paying players at this level is just a rumour.

' Up The Town '

It’s not even a secret they are paying, it’s common knowledge and has come directly from Dropship players, I could go further but what’s the point it is what it is and if they can afford it’s their choice. I think you ll find it’s not direct payment as such but wangled in some other way which is legit. Some will hate it and say it’s wrong but let’s be fair it’s happened at junior level for different teams for the 20 years I played so it’s nothing new 🤷‍♂️

It's no secret that players can make money through their relationship with Dropship Football Club. But they are not being paid by the club (how the hell can clubs afford it at this level?) and they are not being paid to play for the club.

Committed players who have been at the club longer than a season who display various traits such as commitment and dedication to the club may be invited onto a programme where they carry out freelance work for the company behind us, basically by creating designs. That is a legitimate business transaction between a self employed individual (as they must do tax returns if earning over a certain amount) and a company. This is not a secret - it's been advertised all over the club and company social media.  It's one thing that we can offer which is different to other clubs. And why not? In the times we are currently living in where most people in the County are struggling financially, why would this be criticized or ridiculed? Using the individuals designs, products are created and sold. The profits made are then invested back into the Club via sponsorship - hence how all of our teams have a brand new kit this season, how we can afford to use multiple facilities because we can't secure land etc. It's actually pretty clever, intuitive and well, pioneering. That aside, it also reduced the costs involved for our players.  My aim is to have a sub-free Community club within the next 3-5 years. 

What is very frustrating is the rumours from people who genuinely have no idea about the Club and what we do. It frustrates me hearing these rumours because it detracts from what we actually do and what we are trying to achieve. 

Hold on? 

You attract good footballers to your club by allowing them to create designs (I have no idea what they are designing) that you sell for a profit? 

What happens if they score a hat trick on a Saturday but they produce designs of a two year old? You pay them anyway 

I’m genuinely intrigued and nog pouring scorn on what you’re doing. It just seems extremely unusual and hard to fathom 

So it appears that you can do some basic computer work for them to make a few quid 

As it’s a bit exclusive to be allowed to do the work as you need a link to the club, you can access work with way above the normal pay range 

A bit like getting a player to do one shift at the bar and paying him double what the going rate is so not really that innovative 

I suppose if you own a business and need work doing and want to sponsor a club it works 

All a bit strange but each to their own. 

I’ve yet to see the quality players they’ve attracted through this mind 

2F44A69D-71B9-45C8-B87C-5BA62EA34E02.jpeg

171DB6BD-9707-41F0-96F7-80E14AE6A923.jpeg

'I'm yet to see quality players they've attracted through this mind'

What are you expecting? Us to sign some of the players that the likes of Mousehole, Falmouth, Helston etc are? In St Piran Division 3? The team we have at the moment won the league and league cup last season and were runners up in the Junior Cup. Why do we need to attract any other players at this moment in time? It's not a case of play a season then re- build a squad like many do. We want the players that come to us to commit and stay with us. That's the whole point of what we try and do. As people are well aware, commitment and loyalty are two words that have become less familiar in Cornish Football in the past ten years with players going from club to club every season. That's not what we want. We want players to basically find a home and stay there. Commit to playing for us. That's what any club want - sustainability.

The issue we have is that people are unaware of our project because they want to believe everything they hear, which is often out of the mouths of the misinformed. I've always said (it's even minuted from our AGM) that if I ever found out players were paid to play for the club, they'd be looking for a new Chairman. If you pay players, you lose loyalty and then you lose sustainability - as we have seen for so many years, in so many instances. That's not what I want. 

I'm very open with how the club is run because I appreciate we do get eyebrows raised and questions asked. It's a newish concept, particularly to Cornwall so it is going to be strange for some. But it's a perfectly legitimate and innovative project. It's probably worth noting that players are removed from the scheme if they leave the Club. Only players playing for the Club benefit from the Club/business relationship (they're all obviously made aware of this and sign a document stating so). 

8 hours ago, Chunkycheese said:

Hold on? 

You attract good footballers to your club by allowing them to create designs (I have no idea what they are designing) that you sell for a profit? 

What happens if they score a hat trick on a Saturday but they produce designs of a two year old? You pay them anyway 

I’m genuinely intrigued and nog pouring scorn on what you’re doing. It just seems extremely unusual and hard to fathom 

Also don't think of this as a performance based scheme. It's not. It doesn't matter if the player plays well or not. It doesn't matter if they play in our first team or our Flexi League team. This isnt a performance based scheme. It's a commitment based scheme. If they produce a poor product then that is between them and the company, which is absolutely nothing to do with me or the club. They'll just receive further training I'd imagine. 

I'm honestly baffled by this Dave but appreciate your honesty and openness in trying to explain it. 

A quick look at the dropship website suggests you are getting players to design scrapbooks, signs, slate coasters and wooden coasters. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see how these things would be all that profitable? Do people still use scrapbooks? 

Furthermore, if they are profitable why would you need to recruit designers from the player pool of lower league Cornish Football? With AI now you can whip up some pretty original designs with a bit of thought. What is it about the creative powers of a centre back from Carharrack (just an example) that you guys are so interested in?

I get you are using the possibility of making money as an incentive for the players, but I don't see where the incentive for the owners of the business comes from?

Are they so determined to create a Cornish Football Club they are willing to persevere with anyone within their profitable business, as long as they play for their team? 

8 hours ago, Chunkycheese said:

Hold on? 

Sounds a load of **** and bull dont it. Money is ruining football from the very top to the very bottom. This is why grassroots is falling apart your normal committed players playing at the level they feel is there’s being pushed out by big egos who think it’s great to win a league 3/4 leagues below there standard. 
Saturday football was always getting up early in a Saturday nice breakfast but if soccer am with Tim lovejoy and Helen and buzzing to go and playing and enjoy the game. It’s no longer that! More and more teams will fold down here this season. Sad state of affairs down here now. 
But paying players to play such a low level shocking stupidity it will come back to bite them. 

50 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

Sounds a load of **** and bull dont it. Money is ruining football from the very top to the very bottom. This is why grassroots is falling apart your normal committed players playing at the level they feel is there’s being pushed out by big egos who think it’s great to win a league 3/4 leagues below there standard. 
Saturday football was always getting up early in a Saturday nice breakfast but if soccer am with Tim lovejoy and Helen and buzzing to go and playing and enjoy the game. It’s no longer that! More and more teams will fold down here this season. Sad state of affairs down here now. 
But paying players to play such a low level shocking stupidity it will come back to bite them. 

Have you not taken in a single word I've said? Players are not paid to play 🙄 We signpost them to an investor.

1 hour ago, a little bit of a dinho said:

I'm honestly baffled by this Dave but appreciate your honesty and openness in trying to explain it. 

A quick look at the dropship website suggests you are getting players to design scrapbooks, signs, slate coasters and wooden coasters. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see how these things would be all that profitable? Do people still use scrapbooks? 

Furthermore, if they are profitable why would you need to recruit designers from the player pool of lower league Cornish Football? With AI now you can whip up some pretty original designs with a bit of thought. What is it about the creative powers of a centre back from Carharrack (just an example) that you guys are so interested in?

I get you are using the possibility of making money as an incentive for the players, but I don't see where the incentive for the owners of the business comes from?

Are they so determined to create a Cornish Football Club they are willing to persevere with anyone within their profitable business, as long as they play for their team? 

I've always been open about it when people have asked - mainly because it really frustrates me when people accuse our club of paying players. It's really not players being played to play football. It's club members offered to earn a few extra quid by working with our main sponsor in a legitimate business agreement. 🤷‍♂️ However I dress it up, people will criticise. 

With regards to product popularity, you'd actually be surprised at what people buy - I used to run a gift business and coasters, coins, keyrings and scrapbooks (photo albums, doodle pads or however you title them) actually sold quite well. 

That is the risk that the investor takes with the products though. They are experts in their field and know what sells and what doesn't. One design will be created into a product of maybe 4-5 in quantity. They will then be listed on the platform of choice by the company and if they sell, maybe 10-15 will be produced. If they sell, more are produced etc. So there's very little risk by the investor except for the initial outlay of the design. If it fails, it fails and other designs are trialled. If it goes well, it goes well and the club benefits. 

The incentive for the owner is simple and this is where it's misunderstood. He just wants to provide a Community Football Club and like me, wants it to be sub free. Any person that's held a committee role within a club knows how expensive it is to actually run. Our outgoings last season were stupid. The Costa involved: referees, kit, grounds, training facilities, affiliations, insurances etc. It's a huge outlay but with 6 adult teams and three youth teams, we managed it accordingly and unfortunately, players stumped up most of that in subscriptions and subs, with quite a few actually being sponsored. We don't want people paying to play football. 

30 minutes ago, Redstripe said:

Can we really take Dropship seriously?

They have players who should be playing in the new 'St Pirans Premier League' or higher. We all know money is down at dropship 

I'll answer that question in 5 seasons time. Whether people take us seriously is down to the individual. My club committee certainly take it seriously. Our players take it seriously and for me, that's all that matters to me. Not the opinions of those threatend by a concept of idea or those that are severely misinformed. 

I'm happy to discuss the concept of the club - it's all open source information available just by a quick scroll on social media and a couple of websites. Whilst I talk about it, I'm openly promoting the concept so it's a win win.

I've broken my rule of not commenting in the forum anymore (I was doing so well). But if anyone does want information on how we operate, please email me at general@dropshipfc.com before listening to rumours

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Have you not taken in a single word I've said? Players are not paid to play 🙄 We signpost them to an investor.

I've always been open about it when people have asked - mainly because it really frustrates me when people accuse our club of paying players. It's really not players being played to play football. It's club members offered to earn a few extra quid by working with our main sponsor in a legitimate business agreement. 🤷‍♂️ However I dress it up, people will criticise. 

With regards to product popularity, you'd actually be surprised at what people buy - I used to run a gift business and coasters, coins, keyrings and scrapbooks (photo albums, doodle pads or however you title them) actually sold quite well. 

That is the risk that the investor takes with the products though. They are experts in their field and know what sells and what doesn't. One design will be created into a product of maybe 4-5 in quantity. They will then be listed on the platform of choice by the company and if they sell, maybe 10-15 will be produced. If they sell, more are produced etc. So there's very little risk by the investor except for the initial outlay of the design. If it fails, it fails and other designs are trialled. If it goes well, it goes well and the club benefits. 

The incentive for the owner is simple and this is where it's misunderstood. He just wants to provide a Community Football Club and like me, wants it to be sub free. Any person that's held a committee role within a club knows how expensive it is to actually run. Our outgoings last season were stupid. The Costa involved: referees, kit, grounds, training facilities, affiliations, insurances etc. It's a huge outlay but with 6 adult teams and three youth teams, we managed it accordingly and unfortunately, players stumped up most of that in subscriptions and subs, with quite a few actually being sponsored. We don't want people paying to play football. 

I'll answer that question in 5 seasons time. Whether people take us seriously is down to the individual. My club committee certainly take it seriously. Our players take it seriously and for me, that's all that matters to me. Not the opinions of those threatend by a concept of idea or those that are severely misinformed. 

I'm happy to discuss the concept of the club - it's all open source information available just by a quick scroll on social media and a couple of websites. Whilst I talk about it, I'm openly promoting the concept so it's a win win.

To be honest I take a lot of what you say with a pinch of salt! A lot of it is ******.

Investors in a club with no ground and bottom level football makes no sense. Big wages to average players footballs gone mad. 

I think it’s admirable how honest you have been. 

I suppose they just scrap the bad ideas and the computer technology means you can’t make a really bad one. I guess from a business concept point of view you could view it as a type of sponsorship 

Dave- how many players do you think bother to get involved producing the designs? Is this helpful in recruiting players? 

What would you top first team earner through the scheme take home weekly? 

1 hour ago, Chunkycheese said:

I think it’s admirable how honest you have been. 

I suppose they just scrap the bad ideas and the computer technology means you can’t make a really bad one. I guess from a business concept point of view you could view it as a type of sponsorship 

Dave- how many players do you think bother to get involved producing the designs? Is this helpful in recruiting players? 

What would you top first team earner through the scheme take home weekly? 

I look at it as a sponsorship & professional avenue for us. Because the more successful the product, the more funding we have available for reaching that sub-free club that I crave - note that I say sub-free club and not league/title winning club. My priority lies obviously with our club members rather than our stature.

I actually don't know how many players are on it. It's very few but It will hopefully increase soon (as you can see in the facebook, it's proved successful in beta testing). I was on it but came off because it took too much of my time up (you have to attend regular meetings and actually do some work - hence why I closed my business). It's not just a case of playing for the club. You do have to put some graft in.

I genuinely don't get involved in it and I have no desire to know who is - it's not my business or the Club's business. It's a relationship. I simply email the boss and say 'I recommended this person for the scheme', it's then up to the company to do what they want. They choose to contact the person or not. It's worth noting that it's not just for the first team - it's a scheme used across all our teams (adult and youth) and for coaches and Committee members. It hasn't helped us at all for recruiting players because new players can't go on it. They must have served at least a season before being considered. Retaining players wise, I'll be able to answer that question at the end of the season when/if more have joined it. 

I'll always be honest about it because it's better to hear it from the horses mouth rather than rumours that have no substance. I'll answer any questions as honestly as I can. I'm proud of the relationship between club and company (they hate being called a sponsor as it's more than that for them, as it is for us). 

Some people don't understand. We get more ridicule and negative attention than I believe is warranted because people don't understand, make up truths by themselves and/or listen to rumours. The opinions that matter to me are those of the people that have actually been involved at the club in some capacity. You just have to look at are player retainment to know that we aren't a bad club. 

Thanks for being so open and honest. 

I think trying something new is to be commended. As like you say, it involves some work and your sponsor chooses to open up an avenue of employment to the players then there is nothing wrong with that- especially at a time when it’s so difficult. It’s probably the same brigade who criticise a player for taking £30 quid on a Tuesday night after travelling from Mullion to Holsworthy- it should all be “about the love of the game” 

I have asked several times to the critics who are these high level players playing so below their standard? Haven’t heard a name yet 

Chinese whispers of people (probably including players) not doing anyone any favours 

Just now, Chunkycheese said:

Thanks for being so open and honest. 

I think trying something new is to be commended. As like you say, it involves some work and your sponsor chooses to open up an avenue of employment to the players then there is nothing wrong with that- especially at a time when it’s so difficult. It’s probably the same brigade who criticise a player for taking £30 quid on a Tuesday night after travelling from Mullion to Holsworthy- it should all be “about the love of the game” 

I have asked several times to the critics who are these high level players playing so below their standard? Haven’t heard a name yet 

Chinese whispers of people (probably including players) not doing anyone any favours 

And that's exactly it. We've got some very good players but we have no-one that's played at a standard much higher than St Piran. We don't need players of that ability at our current level. We were lucky enough to have Paul Robertson at the club last season - an asset to us as a player and a person and one we regretfully lost this season to Newquay. But we also have alot of players that someone states 'not heard of them'. And that's the beauty of it. We are now beginning to create players who people will soon hear of (I hope). We don't need to recruit big names. We want to try and create them.

And that’s the thing 

As far as I can see anything below St Pirans all falls into one 

Players either playing with their friends, their local club or somewhere that can offer something unique 

does it really make any difference if you are playing a league above or below that level? 

Your honesty have certainly curtailed some of my cynicism. 

Would people prefer you took over an established club and pumped money into them? Surely a lot of fun comes from moving through the leagues 

Lots of teams with new innovative approaches that have seen scorn 

Wrexham, Dorking, Hashtag

Even Mousehole lambasted for their French connection (those critics appear to have faded) and Helston 

Dave I admire your honesty and feel your frustration, the thing that really baffles me is the nomadic style you have to live as a club. I know we have spoken before on the difficulty of getting your own facilities. But then because of your own success you have played all over west Cornwall. People on committee's like and need stability, you are a monster of your own making by being too successful without a home.That said good luck to your club for trying something new with a company to back you.

MY only bugbear is when players play below their standard, as an old man who would love to play just one more season I know your playing days fly by.

1 hour ago, Chunkycheese said:

And that’s the thing 

As far as I can see anything below St Pirans all falls into one 

Players either playing with their friends, their local club or somewhere that can offer something unique 

does it really make any difference if you are playing a league above or below that level? 

Your honesty have certainly curtailed some of my cynicism. 

Would people prefer you took over an established club and pumped money into them? Surely a lot of fun comes from moving through the leagues 

Lots of teams with new innovative approaches that have seen scorn 

Wrexham, Dorking, Hashtag

Even Mousehole lambasted for their French connection (those critics appear to have faded) and Helston 

We could have easily gone into another club, taken over and used their facilities but I don't want that reputation. I don't want to be that guy to dress it up as 'saving a club' when it would just be a takeover. We've had approaches from clubs to merge or 'save' but we've declined because the impact it would have on us. Not only that, I want to be able to say in forty years time when I'm on the balcony of a club house looking down on a thriving club (my vision is based on St Day) knowing that I took it from that one little Flexi League team to a Western/Southern League club. 

It's common knowledge that we have had a massive problem securing facilities. It's still the biggest threat to our club. Only last season we had teams playing in Falmouth, Mabe, Perranporth, Camborne and Cury. That is not sustainable and costs so much money. We just need that break, that piece of land that the community want to save from becoming a 100 home housing estate and we will be okay. Until then, we will continue to struggle. We aren't the only ones though.

I'm glad I've curtailed a small amount of the cynicism, I try not to comment on the forum anymore but like a little fish, I do get hooked sometimes. People never ask us directly what's going on, if they did, I'd be absolutely transparent because that is what is best for our club - the rumours, speculation and false statements only damage us.

38 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Dave I admire your honesty and feel your frustration, the thing that really baffles me is the nomadic style you have to live as a club. I know we have spoken before on the difficulty of getting your own facilities. But then because of your own success you have played all over west Cornwall. People on committee's like and need stability, you are a monster of your own making by being too successful without a home.That said good luck to your club for trying something new with a company to back you.

MY only bugbear is when players play below their standard, as an old man who would love to play just one more season I know your playing days fly by.

Trust me, it's extremely frustrating for me because whilst we have gained success with our teams (I don't measure success in silverware) across the club, the club is failing it's members by not having a permanent home. The biggest issue is that 'club feel' that we all long for. But, those in the club know we are trying so hard to find that land, to find that opportunity. That's all we need. Once we get a break, we will be okay. 

5 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

We could have easily gone into another club, taken over and used their facilities but I don't want that reputation. I don't want to be that guy to dress it up as 'saving a club' when it would just be a takeover. We've had approaches from clubs to merge or 'save' but we've declined because the impact it would have on us. Not only that, I want to be able to say in forty years time when I'm on the balcony of a club house looking down on a thriving club (my vision is based on St Day) knowing that I took it from that one little Flexi League team to a Western/Southern League club. 

It's common knowledge that we have had a massive problem securing facilities. It's still the biggest threat to our club. Only last season we had teams playing in Falmouth, Mabe, Perranporth, Camborne and Cury. That is not sustainable and costs so much money. We just need that break, that piece of land that the community want to save from becoming a 100 home housing estate and we will be okay. Until then, we will continue to struggle. We aren't the only ones though.

I'm glad I've curtailed a small amount of the cynicism, I try not to comment on the forum anymore but like a little fish, I do get hooked sometimes. People never ask us directly what's going on, if they did, I'd be absolutely transparent because that is what is best for our club - the rumours, speculation and false statements only damage us.

Trust me, it's extremely frustrating for me because whilst we have gained success with our teams (I don't measure success in silverware) across the club, the club is failing it's members by not having a permanent home. The biggest issue is that 'club feel' that we all long for. But, those in the club know we are trying so hard to find that land, to find that opportunity. That's all we need. Once we get a break, we will be okay. 

Good luck on that one Dave as I've said to you before, I was on the committee at power station when you were there and we could not get a ground in the Camborne area.

It's one of those things, the club dress it up this way so that they can get around the rules on not paying players, similar to when St Just won a national cricket Cup a few years back, with 3/4 of there squad (ex pro/semi pro cricketers) working in a pasty making factory which the St Just chairman happened to own.

If people are naive enough to think that a company wants to pay random people large sums of money to do something which they all have 0 experience in then that's up to you. But I personally know about 10 of the dropship squad, some of them are some of my best friends. This is how it goes, the manager texts the player "do you want to play for Dropship this year for £60, £80, £130 (depending on the player) per game". Then when the player says yes they are told they have some sort of title like "social media exec" so that they can be paid legally. It can be dressed up whichever way you like but it is what it is. 1 of the players was laughing as he told me this saying he doesn't know the 1st thing about computers.

35 minutes ago, Roy D said:

It's one of those things, the club dress it up this way so that they can get around the rules on not paying players, similar to when St Just won a national cricket Cup a few years back, with 3/4 of there squad (ex pro/semi pro cricketers) working in a pasty making factory which the St Just chairman happened to own.

If people are naive enough to think that a company wants to pay random people large sums of money to do something which they all have 0 experience in then that's up to you. But I personally know about 10 of the dropship squad, some of them are some of my best friends. This is how it goes, the manager texts the player "do you want to play for Dropship this year for £60, £80, £130 (depending on the player) per game". Then when the player says yes they are told they have some sort of title like "social media exec" so that they can be paid legally. It can be dressed up whichever way you like but it is what it is. 1 of the players was laughing as he told me this saying he doesn't know the 1st thing about computers.

Why would they need to pay the players that figure of money? They could have the pick of the players of Cornwall for those figures and I’ve never heard of one of the players even playing St Pirans 

47 minutes ago, Chunkycheese said:

Why would they need to pay the players that figure of money? They could have the pick of the players of Cornwall for those figures and I’ve never heard of one of the players even playing St Pirans 

Have to agree with you Chunky. Must have money to waste! 

2 hours ago, Chunkycheese said:

I don't really want to name names but 1 of the lads has won SWPL & Senior Cup. 1 of the lads is currently playing friendlies for a SWPL team as well as dropship & hasn't made his mind up yet. 1 of the lads has been playing for top St Pirans/old combo teams for the last 15 years. 

I do agree though, after last season I don't understand why they feel the need to pay players to strengthen, as they would no doubt dominate with last years squad. 

With the money that the players can potentially earn(as quoted from the Chairman) be that £80-£150 a week regardless of whether its for “playing” or designing napkins/coasters🤷‍♂️then nothing  less than a clean sweep of trophies should be expected if it has  the desired effect of attracting the best players.That said the best players still need managing correctly and it will be interesting to see how the influx of new are integrated  in to the club.As the previous poster commented they already had the best squad in junior football to pick from last season but the county junior cup proved elusive even when they had to play the final against 10 men for 85 minutes.It’s also interesting to note 4/5 of the Falmouth DCFC junior cup winners who enjoyed a successful treble winning season have said they have only jumped “ship” purely because of the financial incentives on offer.That said It’s Dropships money and they can spend it as they please.

Maybe I’ll enjoy a pint with Chairman Mr Bartram on that balcony he talks about in 40 years as we watch Dropship playing in the Southern/Western league as he envisages!

20 hours ago, Roy D said:

@Dave Bartlam Would love to hear your response to these wild allegations. 

As above... Look at the numbers quoted. We could get pretty much any player in Cornwall for that sort of money. Yet, as someone has already said, most of our players are unheard of. 

I've been asked by my committee to not comment on it anymore because they know it annoys me and I'll do my best to defend my club and try to put the record straight for stupid rumours like this. Honestly, it's so frustrating for me but laughable at the same time. It's okay for people behind pseudonyms to talk rubbish though. I'll grant my committee's wish now and not comment further as I'm justifying myself to people who believe a Trelawny (St Piran) player is on £100-150 a game. Its a much better thing to believe than a player playing for a club for his/her own enjoyment 🤷‍♂️