AFC St Austell              0-3       Bodmin Town

Mullion                        0-1       Liskeard Athletic

Newquay                     2-1       Launceston

Penzance                     3-1       Dobwalls

St Dennis                     0-3       Callington Town

Sticker                         0-5       Camelford

Wendron United         2-3       Bude Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 28 January 2023

Bit of a struggle for Newquay this afternoon in there 2-1 win Launceston ,i thought Launceston where very good in the 1st half and went 1 -0 up when Newquay goalie Harry Ashton had a rush of blood to the head and flattened Launcestons Hamson and Alfie Cole scored from the spot but i thought Launceston should of had a pen earlier but the ref thought otherwise .0-1 HT

2ND half Newquay came out and they ment business and domianted play the manager Craig Ainslie must of had a word with them Newquay made it 1-1 through Jared Sims and not long after scored a worldy from Brad Leivers with his back to goal he swivelled and rifled it in  , Newquay also had Alex Cole sent off for a harsh decision by the ref who said Alex kicked out when he had been fouled .

A hard fought win for Newquay but deserved win in the end they gave MOM to Jake Shaw but any othe the back 4 could of got it i would of given it to Nick Boase and to Launceston Alfie Cole he was good in the 1st half .Newquay players worked there sox off Jared Sims was excellent and Jack Rapsey didnt score but he does a lot off the ball and holds up play really well .

The Launceston manager Neil Price is a character typical Londoner and gave poor linesman Graham Rickard some stick who took it all in good spirit last time i saw Neil Price he had a full head of hair and playing for Watford in the Semi final of the cup vs Plymouth at Villa Park and he was marking Kevin Hodges and did a good job and Watford got a lucky 1-0 win with a George Reilly Goal .

The Ref had a bit of a knightmare game in my view he let lots go got decisions wrong and just did not handle the game well at all sending Newquays Alex Cole was a bad decision and not giving Launceston a pen early in the game was bad as well but everyone makes mistakes .

Nice to see Mr and Mrs Rapsey up there Mark certainly treats his missus to all these luxuries but she seemed to enjoy the footy .What a lovely Couple and Mark always makes a fuss of Smokie who has lost his sight in 1 eye poor little bugger and he asks how i am which is lovely i told him i had finished my hospital treatment after 5 months 3 times a week having radiotherapy which im glad is over with but didnt like the side effects like losing nearly all my teeth so if anyone got any spare false teeth please donate them to me . 

On to next Saturday now when Mullion roll into turn with that nice bloke Luke Hunter in there ranks some strange results today Bude beating Wendron and Bodmin beating St Austell Newquay got to play the whole game like they did in the 2nd half they just got to get that 4th spot think Blazey will win the league they have so many quality players even in reserve Newquay will have to battle it out with Bude and Wadebridge .

Ok have a good week people 

7 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Bit of a struggle for Newquay this afternoon in there 2-1 win Launceston ,i thought Launceston where very good in the 1st half and went 1 -0 up when Newquay goalie Harry Ashton had a rush of blood to the head and flattened Launcestons Hamson and Alfie Cole scored from the spot but i thought Launceston should of had a pen earlier but the ref thought otherwise .0-1 HT

2ND half Newquay came out and they ment business and domianted play the manager Craig Ainslie must of had a word with them Newquay made it 1-1 through Jared Sims and not long after scored a worldy from Brad Leivers with his back to goal he swivelled and rifled it in  , Newquay also had Alex Cole sent off for a harsh decision by the ref who said Alex kicked out when he had been fouled .

A hard fought win for Newquay but deserved win in the end they gave MOM to Jake Shaw but any othe the back 4 could of got it i would of given it to Nick Boase and to Launceston Alfie Cole he was good in the 1st half .Newquay players worked there sox off Jared Sims was excellent and Jack Rapsey didnt score but he does a lot off the ball and holds up play really well .

The Launceston manager Neil Price is a character typical Londoner and gave poor linesman Graham Rickard some stick who took it all in good spirit last time i saw Neil Price he had a full head of hair and playing for Watford in the Semi final of the cup vs Plymouth at Villa Park and he was marking Kevin Hodges and did a good job and Watford got a lucky 1-0 win with a George Reilly Goal .

The Ref had a bit of a knightmare game in my view he let lots go got decisions wrong and just did not handle the game well at all sending Newquays Alex Cole was a bad decision and not giving Launceston a pen early in the game was bad as well but everyone makes mistakes .

Nice to see Mr and Mrs Rapsey up there Mark certainly treats his missus to all these luxuries but she seemed to enjoy the footy .What a lovely Couple and Mark always makes a fuss of Smokie who has lost his sight in 1 eye poor little bugger and he asks how i am which is lovely i told him i had finished my hospital treatment after 5 months 3 times a week having radiotherapy which im glad is over with but didnt like the side effects like losing nearly all my teeth so if anyone got any spare false teeth please donate them to me . 

On to next Saturday now when Mullion roll into turn with that nice bloke Luke Hunter in there ranks some strange results today Bude beating Wendron and Bodmin beating St Austell Newquay got to play the whole game like they did in the 2nd half they just got to get that 4th spot think Blazey will win the league they have so many quality players even in reserve Newquay will have to battle it out with Bude and Wadebridge .

Ok have a good week people 

so you don’t think liskeard will be in the mix for top 4 with 5 games in hand on 2 of the teams & 4 on wendron then?😂

12 minutes ago, Buggzy said:

so you don’t think liskeard will be in the mix for top 4 with 5 games in hand on 2 of the teams & 4 on wendron then?😂

The PPG tells the story much better.

Lisk 4th on 2.06, Bude 5th on 1.96, Nqy 6th on 1.79, Dobw 7th on 1.68     

Can see Bude as the only possibility of making progress, mainly because they are so unpredictable!

4 minutes ago, Blues1995 said:

Liskeard have to be one of the most unbearable bunches. 

He is clearly inferring Blazey, Wendron and Liskeard top 3. Then Bude, Wadebridge and Newquay battling out for 4th spot.

nothing wrong with us mate i think he’s just asking a sensible question there🤷🏻‍♂️ it’s gonna be a close call right to the end of the season. great result for you lot today👏🏻💰

I think Liskeard will be 2nd because they have so many good players and even with Lorenz out they can call on Ryan Richards to step in not a bad replacement ,Wendron will be 3rd because i dont think they have got so many quality players to call on as Liskeard it will be hard for Newquay to get 4th spot Wadebridge must be the favourites because they have a hell of a big squad and so many top strikers ,But Newquay will be there fighting for 4th the defence and midfield is really good but they still havnt got a 20 goal a season striker young Jack is good but does not score a lot and now they got Jay Davie but hes not going to get 20 goals Newquay should go and ask a certain Mr LLOYD of Wadebridge if he fancied playing for the peppermints instead of warming the bench at Wadebridge 

NEWQUAY  (0)  2            Sims 47’  Leivers 63’

LAUNCESTON (1) 1         Cole 23’ (P)

MOM)  Jake Shaw (Newquay)

ATT) 130/150?

Had a flu virus all last week, thought I was better but decided to puke up 17 times between 4.30 and 11pm yesterday including 3 stops on the way home from Newquay to Fowey and at the end of someone’s drive in one case in their hedge so can only apologise for that. Not sure why Rach counted though!? 🤮  Apologies to Ben, Sammo and Steve who I was chatting to during the game if you’ve caught anything off me. And Spider now Launceston assistant manager after saving everyone’s shots for years, we had a quick hug at the end! Hence no report last night for anyone that’s bothered by them!? Think Steve has summed it up really, only Alex Cole wasn’t sent off mate, it was Jack that got sin binned in the 78th minute mate for saying “oh my god” after being clipped about 4 times in one challenge! Thought the 6/7 bookings was a bit high for a game that wasn’t really nasty at all, do feel for the refs these days though, the job seems to be getting tougher and tougher although some do bring a little bit of it on themselves a bit sometimes I think. Know I wouldn’t want to do it so full respect for them! Thought the ref got the penalty decision spot on after first turning it away then giving it after some thinking time I’d imagine? Probably another stonewall one for each team not given as well in the 1st half but easy when you’re watching and not the man in the middle having to make a split decision. Well taken pen for the visitors and the two Newquay goals was worth the £14 gate money! Including £2 for a programme as well! Thought Newquay were the better side for 70% of it although they were out early for the 2nd half with a little flea in their ear from Craig & Ash no doubt and there was an immediate response when a 47th minute ever dangerous Cam Turner corner saw the multi talented Jared Sims making a near post run and an audacious back heel flick into the roof of the net despite the keepers best efforts. Bradley Leivers goal was even better, on the edge of the area back to goal, flicked it over the defenders head Frank Worthington style, turned and jump volleyed it into the bottom corner Mark Hughes style!! Not sure I’ve seen a better goal this season in a live local game? Superb technique. Got to say Launceston are a much improved team under Neil Price and Spider, a totally different outfit than I saw early season when Wadebridge beat them 4-0 at Pennygillam, can see how they got a draw at the Bridgers last week and they’ll give anyone a battle and a game between now and the end of the season I think? While I’m moaning a bit the Mount Wise pitch really didn’t help Newquay yesterday didn’t think, being a good footballing team that likes to ping it about there were so many bobbles bouncing up it made a few good players look bad! Needs a roll desperate would think? But then we go back to the good old volunteers theme dont we!? Apologies if I’ve been a bit of a misery! 🫣

Sorry i got the sin bin wrong player Mark i honestly didnt see it i was told by Don on the way out it was Alex Cole your boy young Jack handled himself well bet hes got  a few bruises today i thought he was excellent with holding the play up . 

You did look pretty rough and sounded it when i saw you , you will do these things bet you will be up there again on Saturday with Rach to stand in the cold you wont get many women like her to go to the footy to stand in the cold .Your a lovely couple and i hope you well enough for the Saturday game but the big game is the week after at Blazey vs Liskeard but i think i will be up Newquay watching them play Camelford but i will be going Blazey on the 18th when Newquay are not at home so i will be down there to watch them vs Bude and hope they beat them that would help Newquay .

Ok keep warm Mark and stay in bed and watch the cup footy hope to hear you on the Podcast again soon my ritual is to listen to it on Saturday mornings hope Neil Price is on again soon hes some character a typical Londoner the things he was coming out with yesterday where quite funny even Graham the Linesman was having  a laugh 

Below is the Talented Newquay team hoping to get in the top 4 

DSCN6435.JPG

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

NEWQUAY  (0)  2            Sims 47’  Leivers 63’

LAUNCESTON (1) 1         Cole 23’ (P)

MOM)  Jake Shaw (Newquay)

ATT) 130/150?

Had a flu virus all last week, thought I was better but decided to puke up 17 times between 4.30 and 11pm yesterday including 3 stops on the way home from Newquay to Fowey and at the end of someone’s drive in one case in their hedge so can only apologise for that. Not sure why Rach counted though!? 🤮  Apologies to Ben, Sammo and Steve who I was chatting to during the game if you’ve caught anything off me. And Spider now Launceston assistant manager after saving everyone’s shots for years, we had a quick hug at the end! Hence no report last night for anyone that’s bothered by them!? Think Steve has summed it up really, only Alex Cole wasn’t sent off mate, it was Jack that got sin binned in the 78th minute mate for saying “oh my god” after being clipped about 4 times in one challenge! Thought the 6/7 bookings was a bit high for a game that wasn’t really nasty at all, do feel for the refs these days though, the job seems to be getting tougher and tougher although some do bring a little bit of it on themselves a bit sometimes I think. Know I wouldn’t want to do it so full respect for them! Thought the ref got the penalty decision spot on after first turning it away then giving it after some thinking time I’d imagine? Probably another stonewall one for each team not given as well in the 1st half but easy when you’re watching and not the man in the middle having to make a split decision. Well taken pen for the visitors and the two Newquay goals was worth the £14 gate money! Including £2 for a programme as well! Thought Newquay were the better side for 70% of it although they were out early for the 2nd half with a little flea in their ear from Craig & Ash no doubt and there was an immediate response when a 47th minute ever dangerous Cam Turner corner saw the multi talented Jared Sims making a near post run and an audacious back heel flick into the roof of the net despite the keepers best efforts. Bradley Leivers goal was even better, on the edge of the area back to goal, flicked it over the defenders head Frank Worthington style, turned and jump volleyed it into the bottom corner Mark Hughes style!! Not sure I’ve seen a better goal this season in a live local game? Superb technique. Got to say Launceston are a much improved team under Neil Price and Spider, a totally different outfit than I saw early season when Wadebridge beat them 4-0 at Pennygillam, can see how they got a draw at the Bridgers last week and they’ll give anyone a battle and a game between now and the end of the season I think? While I’m moaning a bit the Mount Wise pitch really didn’t help Newquay yesterday didn’t think, being a good footballing team that likes to ping it about there were so many bobbles bouncing up it made a few good players look bad! Needs a roll desperate would think? But then we go back to the good old volunteers theme dont we!? Apologies if I’ve been a bit of a misery! 🫣

17 times must be a world record 👍

Reports all spot on for NQY game yesterday. The pitch is the worst condition Ive ever seen it doesn suit the way NQY like to play. Other than penalty cant remember a time Launceston got near mints goal!? Not saying Launceston didnt play well they did but NQY dominated the game. 

My worry for NQY is they rebuild the team 2 or 3 months in to season and altho its been good since November the 3 months before will cost them 4th. If dont go up can see at least 8 players going to other teams that are in western league next year dont think anyone in club is local other than Cole and Turner which doesn help. 

Nice to have a good match report from the paper in the Cornish post after Saturdays win the lads played well :

Game started very even with both teams trying to play football and getting in good areas around both boxes. A good game with a high tempo and it was Wendron who took the lead when the ball was crossed from the by line, after the bude defenders appealed for the ball to be out the Lino did not agree and the ball was squared to Josh Wood to tap in to an empty net on 7 mins much to the dismay of the bude defence. This did not drop the heads of a pumped up Bude side who then proceeded to have a wonder 14 minutes! In good spirits after striker Tornado Bellos birthday the night before they began the comeback on 16 mins as some great interplay around the box between tornado, Billy Hopcroft and Gabby Rogers saw Gabby clipped in the box and the ref pointed to the spot, Gabby picked himself up, dusted himself off and dispatched the penalty with aplomb to bring bude back to a deserved level game, and grab his first goal for the club at the same time. The day got even better for bude in the 25th minute as some great break up play from Baga Mariko, freed Harry Hopcroft in midfield who sprayed the ball to his brother Billy on the left, Billy squared his man up, beat him and struck a lovely shot from the edge of the box into the far right corner of the goal. Was hard to say that wasn’t deserved as by this point bude were well on top, fighting for every ball and using it well when they had it. James Dart and Luke Potter looking solid at CB with Wesley Pugh and Liam McDonald not giving any change to their opponents. A great day proceeded to get better as on 30 minutes a lovely in swinging corner from Gabby was headed into the net by James Dart (our very own lamppost). Bude would feel annoyed not to go into half time at 4-1 as a lovely ball over the top of the defence by Baga Mariko was met by Tornado Bello as he raced in 1vs1 only to tap the ball wide of the right post which was very uncustomary for Budes top scorer this season. Bude limited Wendron to only speculative efforts and no real opportunities to preserve their 2 goal lead going into half time.

Second half started and instead of sitting back, bude continued to push forward and stick it to the wendron back line, Gabby Rogers causing the wendron defence a lot of issues with his trickery, tornados hold up play working wonders and Billy Hopcroft, Harry Hopcroft, Scott piper and Baga Mariko covering every blade of grass in support. The first 30 minutes of the half was the best I’ve seen from bude all season as one of the best teams in the league, wendron, barely got out of their half. The game should of been put to bed on many occasions as wayward shooting from tornado Bello on a couple occasions and some good goalkeeping from Wendrons number stopping multiple shots from Gabby Rogers and Scotty piper. Wendron began to push with 15 left and played their way into the game without really troubling Liam Hill in goal.  Bude Defence standing solid was only beaten in the 94th minute when substitute Kyle Darragh fouled a wendron player in the box and Charlie young blasted home the penalty to set up a nervy last couple minutes. Bude did hold on and there was rapturous cheers on the final whistle when the referee confirmed the 3 points for bude who could and probably should have won by a way more convincing score line. Bude were clapped off by the small away following and it was well deserved, credit to the wendron management who were very praising of the Bude performance on the day. Maybe the bude lads will go out every Friday from now on? 

Man of the match was given to Baga Mariko for his tireless work at the heart of the bude midfield but could have been given to any number of players from the bude contingent.

Line up 433
Liam hill
Wesley Pugh Luke Potter James Dart Liam McDonald 
Harry Hopcroft Baga Mariko Scott Piper
Billy Hopcroft Tornado Bello Gabby Rogers

18 minutes ago, Ben potter said:

Nice to have a good match report from the paper in the Cornish post after Saturdays win the lads played well :

Game started very even with both teams trying to play football and getting in good areas around both boxes. A good game with a high tempo and it was Wendron who took the lead when the ball was crossed from the by line, after the bude defenders appealed for the ball to be out the Lino did not agree and the ball was squared to Josh Wood to tap in to an empty net on 7 mins much to the dismay of the bude defence. This did not drop the heads of a pumped up Bude side who then proceeded to have a wonder 14 minutes! In good spirits after striker Tornado Bellos birthday the night before they began the comeback on 16 mins as some great interplay around the box between tornado, Billy Hopcroft and Gabby Rogers saw Gabby clipped in the box and the ref pointed to the spot, Gabby picked himself up, dusted himself off and dispatched the penalty with aplomb to bring bude back to a deserved level game, and grab his first goal for the club at the same time. The day got even better for bude in the 25th minute as some great break up play from Baga Mariko, freed Harry Hopcroft in midfield who sprayed the ball to his brother Billy on the left, Billy squared his man up, beat him and struck a lovely shot from the edge of the box into the far right corner of the goal. Was hard to say that wasn’t deserved as by this point bude were well on top, fighting for every ball and using it well when they had it. James Dart and Luke Potter looking solid at CB with Wesley Pugh and Liam McDonald not giving any change to their opponents. A great day proceeded to get better as on 30 minutes a lovely in swinging corner from Gabby was headed into the net by James Dart (our very own lamppost). Bude would feel annoyed not to go into half time at 4-1 as a lovely ball over the top of the defence by Baga Mariko was met by Tornado Bello as he raced in 1vs1 only to tap the ball wide of the right post which was very uncustomary for Budes top scorer this season. Bude limited Wendron to only speculative efforts and no real opportunities to preserve their 2 goal lead going into half time.

Second half started and instead of sitting back, bude continued to push forward and stick it to the wendron back line, Gabby Rogers causing the wendron defence a lot of issues with his trickery, tornados hold up play working wonders and Billy Hopcroft, Harry Hopcroft, Scott piper and Baga Mariko covering every blade of grass in support. The first 30 minutes of the half was the best I’ve seen from bude all season as one of the best teams in the league, wendron, barely got out of their half. The game should of been put to bed on many occasions as wayward shooting from tornado Bello on a couple occasions and some good goalkeeping from Wendrons number stopping multiple shots from Gabby Rogers and Scotty piper. Wendron began to push with 15 left and played their way into the game without really troubling Liam Hill in goal.  Bude Defence standing solid was only beaten in the 94th minute when substitute Kyle Darragh fouled a wendron player in the box and Charlie young blasted home the penalty to set up a nervy last couple minutes. Bude did hold on and there was rapturous cheers on the final whistle when the referee confirmed the 3 points for bude who could and probably should have won by a way more convincing score line. Bude were clapped off by the small away following and it was well deserved, credit to the wendron management who were very praising of the Bude performance on the day. Maybe the bude lads will go out every Friday from now on? 

Man of the match was given to Baga Mariko for his tireless work at the heart of the bude midfield but could have been given to any number of players from the bude contingent.

Line up 433
Liam hill
Wesley Pugh Luke Potter James Dart Liam McDonald 
Harry Hopcroft Baga Mariko Scott Piper
Billy Hopcroft Tornado Bello Gabby Rogers

Good report.

If they're on their game, then that front 3 could trouble any side.

Wadebridge at home and St Blazey away next up, couple of significant games in the hunt for a top 4 placing.

The pitch at Mt Wise was poor at the weekend but the weather hasnt helped and you have Volunteers like Don and others  doing all they can , Newquay shouldnt of got rid of Roy who helped with the pitch but he made a mistake in putting weedkiller around the pitch and goal areas and it did look bad and they got rid of him .

Why dont Newquay ask the Gs brilliant groundsperson Tania to come and help get the pitch up to scratch i expect she would want to keep her hand in beffore Godolphin get back to playing again . 

Newquay need a striker urgently if they are going to get into 4th place its going to be hard Wadebridge must be the favourites with the quality they got in there squad .