WEST

Falmouth Town Res  P-P   Porthleven

Ludgvan             P-P        Helston Ath Res

Redruth United    P-P              Perranwell

St Day                    P-P              Mullion

LEAGUE CUP, QUARTER FINAL

Illogan RBL           P-P    Wendron Utd Res

Truro City Res    P-P   Millbrook Reserves

Hi Dave. Game off on the 3G. With a weather warning in place and 40mph winds we took the option not to accept the late change of venue. Aside to this, due to the late notice some of our players have been unable to acquire the correct footwear. Some also rely on trains to get into Truro for onwards travel and they’ve all be cancelled due to the conditions. 

54 minutes ago, Reesy said:

Hi Dave. Game off on the 3G. With a weather warning in place and 40mph winds we took the option not to accept the late change of venue. Aside to this, due to the late notice some of our players have been unable to acquire the correct footwear. Some also rely on trains to get into Truro for onwards travel and they’ve all be cancelled due to the conditions. 

Your players don’t have firm ground boots already? I assume they’ll all sit out games in summer too when studs aren’t suitable?

As far as train cancellations go, would you have used this as an excuse if the game was still being played at Clijah? 🤣 Doubt it.

17 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Your players don’t have firm ground boots already? I assume they’ll all sit out games in summer too when studs aren’t suitable?

As far as train cancellations go, would you have used this as an excuse if the game was still being played at Clijah? 🤣 Doubt it.

In relation to the boot issue, I’d hope the lads in question will have appropriate footwear by spring. I don’t expect they thought they’d be needed in mid February after one of the worst storms in several years! The train issue doesn’t really come into it. I was just being honest in some of our reasoning behind not accepting playing in the 3G at short notice. Had the game been on, we would of arranged collecting those players. 
It was pretty obvious Clijah was never going to be playable after last weekend. If Redruth had given the correct notice for a change of venue we would of had no choice but to play. 

38 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Haha, they dont play in £200 trainers,  be afraid to get them dirty.

They wont even walk on a pitch anymore with their fancy dan footwear...snowflakes...lol.

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

Who would want to play football in this wind tbf can’t criticise perranwell at all 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 19 February 2022
18 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Plenty of goals in the one game staged!

Yeah in hindsight it would of been better if that was called off for us 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 not the best of matches for us too much pop on a Friday night n a couple of us straining ourselves early on in the first half didn't help but Budes finishing was very good to say the least and they fully deserved the win.