Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League and Cup Results or Non Results - Saturday 19th February 2022

Results for
Saturday 19th February
Hayle Reserves (Aiden Murphy 3, Chris Bullock, Kian Hooper) 5-2 Holman SC (Danny Claypitt, Kyle Marks)
Att-25
Pendeen Rovers (Tristan Prowse 2, James Squires) 3-2 Rosudgeon (Alex Ralph 2)
Att-35
RNAS Culdrose (Tom Grossett) 1-1 Lizard Argyle (???)
Att-30
St Agnes Reserves p-p Godolphin Atlantic Reserves
League Cup Quarter-Finals (2pm)
Goonhavern Athletic p-p Mullion Reserves
Helston Athletic Thirds p-p Mawnan
Penryn Athletic Reserves p-p Wendron United Thirds

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League and Cup Results or Non Results - Saturday 19th February 2022

Great game to watch this afternoon, goals, red card, pen, pens denied for both teams, tackles, banter, good reffing, end to end football, both teams evenly matched until the sending off, great advert for football, well done to Hayle and Holmans, 5-2 in the end but could easily been a draw, Scott with two cracking saves one a worldie to keep Holmans out approx 20 watching but really enjoyable afternoon, a credit to both clubs. 

Cheers everyone 👍

2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Great game to watch this afternoon, goals, red card, pen, pens denied for both teams, tackles, banter, good reffing, end to end football, both teams evenly matched until the sending off, great advert for football, well done to Hayle and Holmans, 5-2 in the end but could easily been a draw, Scott with two cracking saves one a worldie to keep Holmans out approx 20 watching but really enjoyable afternoon, a credit to both clubs. 

Cheers everyone 👍

Cheers Steve, good to be back playing after a few years out. 

16 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Cheers everyone 👍

Nice to see you today Steve , Have to say the abuse Anita took from your manager first half was appalling.

All credit to Hayle couple of good young lads on the wings , Stevieb correct in terms of result it could of gone either way up until about the 60 th minute when the Holmans striker thought he would bitch slap the Hayle centre back , only advice I could give him if he reads it is if your gonna pay for a red at least hit the bloke . 
 From then it was pretty much one way traffic for Hayle finishing 5-2 & deserved winners . 
Combo footy is in real decline I’m not afraid to say as it has all been said before but one or two out there today couldn’t even pass 2 yds . Awful to watch for most part . 
On a serious note Anita has heard it all & seen it all needless to say dont like what I saw & heard today . 

Anita’s always been consistent and likeable every time she’s reffed. Never had any issues with her, and being a female ref (not sure there’s anymore within Cornwall fa) I think she is a credit to herself and her county!

I really hope she gets to see this post. I’m pretty sure the majority of the forum will agree with me, the minority from Hayle can quite frankly do one. Disgusting behaviour and should be made an example of 🤬

Stay safe

3 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Anita’s always been consistent and likeable every time she’s reffed. Never had any issues with her, and being a female ref (not sure there’s anymore within Cornwall fa) I think she is a credit to herself and her county!

I really hope she gets to see this post. I’m pretty sure the majority of the forum will agree with me, the minority from Hayle can quite frankly do one. Disgusting behaviour and should be made an example of 🤬

Stay safe

Minority from hayle? 
can we just look at something here… Holmans had two players sent off, one for slapping a opposition player, the other, believe it or not, for foul and abusive language towards the officials after the game. Interesting that one. 

32 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Stay safe

@Anita

40 minutes ago, Keeper#1 said:

Minority from hayle? 
can we just look at something here… Holmans had two players sent off, one for slapping a opposition player, the other, believe it or not, for foul and abusive language towards the officials after the game. Interesting that one. 

Also the abuse the Hayle linesman took off Marksy precious son Kyle for being 5 yards off side. Funny how the losing side gobs off after a game isn’t it and makes the winning side look like the bad club. Rose tinted glasses, yet again. Wouldn’t be the first time. 

3 minutes ago, potch said:

Also the abuse the Hayle linesman took off Marksy precious son Kyle for being 5 yards off side. Funny how the losing side gobs off after a game isn’t it and makes the winning side look like the bad club. Rose tinted glasses, yet again. Wouldn’t be the first time. 

🤣🤣🤣Well I wasn’t on the losing side & my post is about abuse to Anita , also I love Hayle football club & know most of the people that run it . 
Nothing to do with Hayle FC on my post . 
As already stated the manager from Hayle should of been more respectful to Anita . 

Thanks for the kind comments. Had written out my 'I'm not doing this anymore' email. I did thst at half time.  But after a curry, a vodka and a think, I'm going to take next weekend off to do my 2nd favourite hobby (hanging out underground). And then be back the following week.....

I do love football and for a moment had to remind myself why I became a ref..... so that teams had an official and could play on Saturdays.

@BrummyBarryyes that me 😄

7 minutes ago, Anita said:

Thanks for the kind comments. Had written out my 'I'm not doing this anymore' email. I did thst at half time.  But after a curry, a vodka and a think, I'm going to take next weekend off to do my 2nd favourite hobby (hanging out underground). And then be back the following week.....

I do love football and for a moment had to remind myself why I became a ref..... so that teams had an official and could play on Saturdays.

Ive seen you ref before and I think youre good. Can I ask if there was a bad tackle in the game or was most of your time taken up with the egotistical comments of players that are either playing at a standard higher of what their capable of or playing below their standard where they think it's acceptable to gob off at a referee knowing that they wont be affected by the shortage?

28 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Ive seen you ref before and I think youre good. Can I ask if there was a bad tackle in the game or was most of your time taken up with the egotistical comments of players that are either playing at a standard higher of what their capable of or playing below their standard where they think it's acceptable to gob off at a referee knowing that they wont be affected by the shortage?

Why would any player who plays lower or higher not be affected by the referee shortage !!! 

5 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Why would any player who plays lower or higher not be affected by the referee shortage !!! 

I like how out of everything I said thats what you pick up on and Not the fact you condone violence on a football field. It is common knowledge that the leagues affected most by the referee shortage are those at the bottom in the trelawney league and dutchy

15 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

I like how out of everything I said thats what you pick up on and Not the fact you condone violence on a football field. It is common knowledge that the leagues affected most by the referee shortage are those at the bottom in the trelawney league and dutchy

Oh dear 🤣🤣🙈no one is condoning violence on a football pitch Stop Being a drama queen 👸 it was tongue in cheek about the dainty slap he gave him . 
Now rest up that bad knee BB

Anyway off to watch Khan & Brooks smash each other up

2 hours ago, Anita said:

Good to talk to you before the game , personally thought you had a good game , glad you are carrying on reffing,  Arsenal won as well 👍, keep up the good work,  ps what curry did you have , I had sausage and chips , but curry tops that see you soon cheers .

Watched Pendeen v Rosudgeon yesterday. Quite a few players from other clubs making an appearance due to their games being postponed. Despite the wind and slippy pitch I thought both teams gave a good account of themselves. Pendeen went two nil up but second half Rosudgeon stormed out of the blocks and were level after an hour. A real blood and thunder final 30 minutes saw Pendeen squeeze a winner. Good enjoyable game to watch, both teams a credit to the league. 

14 hours ago, Anita said:

Anita, please don’t take this as anything other than a question:

Were the players/managers that were giving the abuse dealt with during the 90mins via cautions or dismissals for their comments?

As a group of referees we MUST take actions against these imbeciles who thinks it’s ok to treat good referees like yourself in this way. One way we can do this is with the tools in our pockets!

As referees many of us have those games where we feel like packing it in. However they are thankfully few and far between. Don't forget all those enjoyable games where thanks to your refereeing 30 people have had a great day out. You have been on my line a number of times over the years and your enthusiasm and love of the game is infectious. Cornish football needs people like you to help keep local football alive, keep the faith. 

4 hours ago, FootballChat said:

Anita, please don’t take this as anything other than a question:

Were the players/managers that were giving the abuse dealt with during the 90mins via cautions or dismissals for their comments?

As a group of referee we MUST take actions against these imbeciles who thinks it’s ok to treat good referees like yourself in this way. One way we can do this is with the tools in our pockets!

Absolutely correct,  deal with the gobsh*tes once and for all.

This continual attack on referees during matches and on social media is going way over the top now.

And start with the gobs in the premiership,  ruining football  for me.

Go on refs...sort them out ...I will be delighted.