Cornwall Football Forum

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS OF EXMOUTH TOWN V HELSTON ATHLETIC

Piran

Stuart Bowker, I made a comment re this individual on twitter a few weeks ago and after watching yesterdays video I rest my case, He is consistently the most 'out of order' player to set foot on a football pitch. A nasty piece of work, end of! Pity cos he's obviously talented!

2 minutes ago, unclebilltc said:

Stuart Bowker, I made a comment re this individual on twitter a few weeks ago and after watching yesterdays video I rest my case, He is consistently the most 'out of order' player to set foot on a football pitch. A nasty piece of work, end of! Pity cos he's obviously talented!

Isn’t he just competitive? Sure most teams would have him in the team. Helston we’re losing that game yesterday if he wasn’t on the pitch. And exmouth are hardly saints when it comes to dark arts of football. 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Still can’t understand what bowker got 2nd yellow for ?  The defender just falls over by the looks of it. 

It wasn’t a second yellow it was a straight red 🤐🤐🤐

48 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

The way Stu plays, I think it’s inevitable he has to accept he will pick up the occasional red! 

Not quite sure I’ll be “accepting” a red for this Dave!!!! If we’re giving straight reds for this I think I’ll retire 👌🏻👌🏻

28 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Would you consider going into refereeing once you do eventually retire? 

Erm if I’m completely honest probably not, I play football and cricket and always try my best not to miss a single game in either sport so when I eventually stop playing it will be nice to have some “me” time and go away with the family at weekends etc I do however think more ex players becoming referees would massively improve the game and if hadn’t taken up cricket I would definitely considered taken up the whistle. 

2 hours ago, Stu B said:

Erm if I’m completely honest probably not, I play football and cricket and always try my best not to miss a single game in either sport so when I eventually stop playing it will be nice to have some “me” time and go away with the family at weekends etc I do however think more ex players becoming referees would massively improve the game and if hadn’t taken up cricket I would definitely considered taken up the whistle. 

That’s fair, I can’t argue against the importance of family time.

It’s definitely a route that very few players of SWPL standard or higher take up though which is a huge shame as it’s wifey accepted that ex players can make superb referees.

Theres a reasonable amount of ex players from the lower leagues giving it a go but I think the experience of a higher standard of football would benefit the refereeing community.

It’d also be nice to see the boot on the other foot for a few players too 😉

4 hours ago, Stu B said:

Not quite sure I’ll be “accepting” a red for this Dave!!!! If we’re giving straight reds for this I think I’ll retire 👌🏻👌🏻

It's uncanny how we always say it, but things do seem to level themselves out over a season! I wouldn't retire quite yet Stu as you're great entertainment value.  

5 hours ago, Stu B said:

I think you paid the price for sticking your face into every fall, trip, dive and bit of controversy and so on.

A red card...Nah! A delayed fall from a slight brush of your arm against his face, what do they call it now? Ah! yes...simulation...spelt cheating.

5 hours ago, Stu B said:

Your probably lucky it was a straight red and not a second yellow.  As I believe you wouldn’t be able to appeal x2 yellows.

JW

On 12/12/2021 at 10:59, unclebilltc said:

Wasn’t going to respond to this but I’ll give it a bash, have you ever met me? Have you ever spoke to me? Or just made an assumption of me based on watching a game over 90 minutes? Well I’ll say this to you in response, I have never stepped foot on a football with any intention of hurting an opponent ever!! I play the game hard but in my opinion I do so within the rules, do I push them? do I bend them? Absolutely tell me a player who doesn’t and I’ll show you a liar! but I know the line and you’ll never see footage of me being a “nasty piece of work” as you so eloquently put it! 

have a great week and a good Christmas 🎄 

cheers Bowks 

Just watched it. 

1st booking.. I understand.... Stu Bowker booked for getting involved pulling a player up... Not a major crime but understand the booking along with Dave Rowes for also getting involved. Totally understand why both players did what they did but a bookings fair. 

The red card.. Absolute shocker. Fair challenge.... Defender wanted a free kick.. Appealed.. Didnt get it.. So fell dramatically to floor.. So embarrassing.. Especially for a big centre back. 

Ref didn't give it and wdve been looking right at it. Lino saw it wrong and shdnt have got involved but even more importantly.. The ref should not have listened to him in that instance. 

Feels to me like Mr. Bowker tends to get unfairly judged at times