Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay 0-1 Callington

Feel this scoreline has gone under the radar .

Great result for Callington who are languishing near the bottom of the table. Big spending Newquay having raided the towns former Premier club Godolphin during the summer months have now only taken 19 points from a possible 42, conceding on average 2 goals a game, & out of the top 6 will be .. behind the scenes disappointed with their start. 

However this might be the foundation for Callington to move forward on. Well done Callington. 

Newquay threw everything against Callington and came up against a brilliant  goalkeeping display the like of which I have 

not seen in many a year ,all credit to Callington they battled and battled and deserve credit for this.

Anybody know who the goalie was?

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

So what's wrong with the post? Newquay losing at Home to lowly Callington, after spending a few quid in the summer, conceding on average two goals a game, & taking 19 points from a possible 42... What there isn't a fact?? 

Some people don't like the truth 🤣

Admittedly current form could be better with no win in last 4 games, but I would question the "Big spending" suggestion. Although I see you've reduced it down now to "spending a few quid"

I have seen Newquay severel times so far and they have been really good they had Nathan Prentice in goal who has been very god and then some bright spark decided to put another goalie in called Harry Ashton in and since he has gone in goal its been downhill ever since i watched him against Mousehole and he was awful .So Newquay get back to the way you was playing put Nathan back in goal  he will get you more points than Ashton

21 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Great result for Callington who are languishing near the bottom of the table. Big spending Newquay having raided the towns former Premier club Godolphin during the summer months have now only taken 19 points from a possible 42, conceding on average 2 goals a game, & out of the top 6 will be .. behind the scenes disappointed with their start. 

However this might be the foundation for Callington to move forward on. Well done Callington. 

Leeds you r a plank. When Bodmin lose which is quite regularly you disappear of the website for about a week. Grow up, you really r an annoying Individual to say the least

1 hour ago, herbie777 said:

Leeds you r a plank. When Bodmin lose which is quite regularly you disappear of the website for about a week. Grow up, you really r an annoying Individual to say the least

Can't be that regularly as Bodmin are above Newquay & everyone saying how great they are... 🤔🤣🐃

Newquay are a mid-table team who, when they can put out their best11, will give anyone a good game as they proved at Helston and Saltash (and St Blazey for 35 mins). With 5/6 missing, as at Liskeard, they are nothing. Apart from the gk, the team on Saturday were missing Jamieson and Dilley so no excuses. Not half as good that the committee think they are.

46 minutes ago, baldy said:

Newquay are a mid-table team who, when they can put out their best11, will give anyone a good game as they proved at Helston and Saltash (and St Blazey for 35 mins). With 5/6 missing, as at Liskeard, they are nothing. Apart from the gk, the team on Saturday were missing Jamieson and Dilley so no excuses. Not half as good that the committee think they are.

Now if I said that they're dummies would come flying out... 🤣

Anything Leeds says has no validity to it when he supports an average Bodmin team who spend big bucks on average, past it players, yes it’s won trophies in the past but surely even he has to be disappointed in recent years, no youth coming through( Gilbert leaving to Mousehole). One player from Bodmin probably equals Newquay’s entire squad budget 🤣

once again Leeds can’t seem to understand all Newquay’s bar 1/2 recent signing are local lads that came through the Newquay not godolphin youth system, similarly to Liskeard, a team that beat Bodmin hehe. Leeds just very old and jelous from getting rejected 😅 

On 02/11/2020 at 20:25, leedsunited said:

Terry lad, I have been waiting for you. I do miss you when Bodmin lose or Newquay win. 

Callington defended like Lions and their keeper was outstanding. We quite literally camped in their half, but that's football.

Big Spending  😂 Mr Huddy chap, have you been crushing up candy sticks and sniffing them? You appear to be on a sugar rush.....