Cornwall Football Forum

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

No chance you considered the Combo team stepping up so the club could maintain higher SPL level?

No point in getting pumped every week only to end up in combo next year.

Im sure Maler10 will fill us all in, he's had alot to say on here when other clubs have fallen on hard times. Showed a lack of respect to Ben Mitchell by making jokes on here when Perran sacked him to bring back Lee Denton withs only 3 or 4 games left in the season, with Perran sitting top of the league. When a club does things like that (& pays players) you cant expect player loyalty. Hopefully they do things the right way as Perran is a great club with lovely facilities. 

A real shame, great facilities down at Perranporth and the success they have had the last few years you would think they would’ve been stable.

unfortumately this goes to show that money in these lower divisions are killing off football clubs. I can’t fault Perranporth as I’m sure they would have tried everything to stay in the st Pirans league, goes to show lack of loyalty in football nowadays.

Just now, Keith B said:

Well sir, you obviously know your club/team better than I do but  ''no point in getting pumped up each week only to end up relegated'' seems a bit defeatist to me. I find that attitude hard to accept. No offence meant.

The fact is Perranporth reserves will do well to finish outside of the bottom 6 in combination. Now if you move that team to St Pirans League, they get pumped week after week, players will lose interest & the club will more than likely fold. When you have a whole squad of players leave sometimes its best to start again. Perran isn't my club by the way, I just know the boys that have all left & also know the reserve team (now 1s team).

1 hour ago, Roy D said:

The fact is Perranporth reserves will do well to finish outside of the bottom 6 in combination. Now if you move that team to St Pirans League, they get pumped week after week, players will lose interest & the club will more than likely fold. When you have a whole squad of players leave sometimes its best to start again. Perran isn't my club by the way, I just know the boys that have all left & also know the reserve team (now 1s team).

Has the whole squad left or has some stayed to play for the combo side?