Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Richard Chown

CornwallFootballForum.com Crowdfunder 2020

CornwallFootballForum.com is a non-profit, independent community football website first created over 10 years ago.

Since then technology has changed, users visiting the site has significantly grown to over 1000 unique users a day.  This has meant costs associated with running the site has increased as we moved to a dedicated server and 365 day support. 

In order to keep the site free from costs to the members we tried an advertising model in the past.  Unfortunately, this hasn't worked as expected.  So, we are asking members if they will please donate to help run the site for another 12 months. 

The team realised the current situation and delayed the crowdfunding campaign back in April.  The campaign  will initially be over 30 days but we will continue to keep it open for when people are in a better position to donate.  All donations are sent securely through the platform.

Thank You

Please Donate

https://www.gofundme.com/f/cornwall-football-forum-2020

If I can work the system , I'm not very good with modern technology , I'll send £25  . I get a lot of pleasure out of this forum , it's odd communicating with people that I'll never meet and exchanging views on the future of  grassroots football  from people 400 miles away . I say I'll never meet but  I might invest in a cup and some tea bags  in case I meet Older tending to his pitch if and when I get down again .

11 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

Fenman, its very kind of you to offer but you have already donated. It would be great to see members pitch in to keep us independent non profit community forum.

Just given a second donation Richard. You're right - considering the total number of members of the forum, the number of donations is low. Don't they want the forum to continue ? !

Strange isn't it - considering the total membership of the forum, again, few people have made an entry on the ''Introduce Yourself'' thread. Secretive, or not much to say about themselves ? Nowt as queer as folk as they say. I'm sure there must be some interesting folk out there. 

Edited by Keith B
addition

Richard / Dave et al - each year you have to come on the forum making a plea to the hundreds of people who use / read the forum for the very small running costs to keep it ad free and totally independent  - and each year it’s like pulling teeth. I know money is tight for everyone at the moment with furloughs / redundancies etc and there is little football to talk about BUT there have been over 400 individual views on this link - that’s £2 each (a can of beer) for a years worth of moans and banter about the sport we all love. I know you can’t say it - but it’s pretty poor from some forum users imo  

Its worth the money just for the daily jokes from  Billy and fenman. 

I don’t mean to offend, come on guys. 

Donated , it'll mean going without food for a few days and the grandchildren will have to miss their birthday presents , I'll have to manage wearing socks with holes in for a few weeks but never mind its a good cause . I would say that my jeans have the knees and behind ripped , but they are in fashion so don't count as hardship .