Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League decide on 2019-20

40 minutes ago, Keith B said:

So will the three divisions absorb the fourth division Dave ?  

Yes Keith

It will be all the continuing teams split into 3 divisions. Not only will this provide a full season's fixtures but it will also allow for some of the teams that clearly should be playing in a higher division to move up but without having to impose any relegations.  Just trying to make the best of a bad lot. Hopefully it will work out fine if, indeed, we can get started.

11 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

Yes Keith

It will be all the continuing teams split into 3 divisions. Not only will this provide a full season's fixtures but it will also allow for some of the teams that clearly should be playing in a higher division to move up but without having to impose any relegations.  Just trying to make the best of a bad lot. Hopefully it will work out fine if, indeed, we can get started.

Paul great decision and regardless of whats happening atm plans are in place for next season already. When will we know who’s in what league? Will there be any new teams entering? How will the knockout cup and league cup for with three league? One big cup involving all leagues? Least your starting positive and giving us players something to look forward to when this all starts again 😄😄

The clubs made the decision and despite all the uncertainty (and accepting that football isn't the most important thing at the moment) it is just sensible to have a plan in place.

The clubs also voted for a single cup competition and the Management Committee will work on the format in due course.

Eventually the clubs will also have to vote on the constitution of the divisions but the Committee will put forward proposals once  it is known which teams are likely to stay in the League.

Its too early to know about new teams applying to join or if there will be the capacity to take any at all.

Best wishes to everyone - be sensible, stay safe and keep positive.

1 hour ago, Paul Collings said:

The clubs made the decision and despite all the uncertainty (and accepting that football isn't the most important thing at the moment) it is just sensible to have a plan in place.

The clubs also voted for a single cup competition and the Management Committee will work on the format in due course.

Eventually the clubs will also have to vote on the constitution of the divisions but the Committee will put forward proposals once  it is known which teams are likely to stay in the League.

Its too early to know about new teams applying to join or if there will be the capacity to take any at all.

Best wishes to everyone - be sensible, stay safe and keep positive.

Good common sense and straightforward answer. Well done Paul and all you colleagues.

1 hour ago, JonColenzo said:

If I’m honest I’m a little disappointed that we are being asked for £40 at this difficult time for clubs who don’t know if they can carry on, and don’t know what league they will be in if they do manage to carry on? And god knows when?

Just for clarity,  the fee levied by Cornwall FA for providing the Appointment service gets paid by the League in the first instance and is then passed on to the clubs at a slightly reduced rate.  The financial fallout from this world wide situation will be felt by players, clubs, leagues and County FAs alike for some time to come. 

• 2 weeks later...

Common sense to reduce the number of divisions - the last couple of seasons haven’t provided sufficient fixtures to keep some players interested or committed (when offers of games come from other leagues). Must also be a challenge to some clubs with only one team - fewer games means far less income at a time when clubs already struggle. Well done to the committee for their suggestions and to clubs for voting positively. 

The Duchy should regionalise the 3 divisions next season.

A Duchy West, Duchy North & Duchy South East for example. That way if the season starts late it’ll still be able to finish as evening games will be much easier to fixture.

Plus if players can’t shower or use shared changing rooms etc due to new restrictions you won’t have to drive over an hour home.

Then the following season you could have the top 4/5 going from each league going into the new Premier Division , the mid table teams in Duchy 1 & the bottom 4/5 going into Duchy 2. 

Just a suggestion I think could work.

On 13/05/2020 at 14:06, Woodmanaldo said:

No problem with it working, but might you get some concerned that there might be a gulf in ability, which could possibly lead to some players pulling out of games which could then lead onto more teams folding? 

On 13/05/2020 at 14:06, Woodmanaldo said:

The Duchy should regionalise the 3 divisions next season.

A Duchy West, Duchy North & Duchy South East for example. That way if the season starts late it’ll still be able to finish as evening games will be much easier to fixture.

Plus if players can’t shower or use shared changing rooms etc due to new restrictions you won’t have to drive over an hour home.

Then the following season you could have the top 4/5 going from each league going into the new Premier Division , the mid table teams in Duchy 1 & the bottom 4/5 going into Duchy 2. 

Can’t see that working like Dave said I could see players packing in and losing interest in that. Some very good teams in each league atm and I think players will be eager to play again when it starts up again. This break could be a positive for more ex players returning to the game 

On 25/04/2020 at 16:31, Paul Collings said:

Just for clarity,  the fee levied by Cornwall FA for providing the Appointment service gets paid by the League in the first instance and is then passed on to the clubs at a slightly reduced rate.  The financial fallout from this world wide situation will be felt by players, clubs, leagues and County FAs alike for some time to come. 

Paul.

Can you help me out, I need to make contact with Colin Burrell your Duchy Chairman, someone wanting info on an old Delabole player.

Dave Bray / CCFA.

1 hour ago, David Bray said:

Paul.

Can you help me out, I need to make contact with Colin Burrell your Duchy Chairman, someone wanting info on an old Delabole player.

Dave Bray / CCFA.

Hello Dave

Colin's contact details - 01840 213743    email colin.burrell@sky.com  (but he doesn't check his email very often !!)

I hope you and yours are all well.

Paul

11 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

Hello Dave

Colin's contact details - 01840 213743    email colin.burrell@sky.com  (but he doesn't check his email very often !!)

I hope you and yours are all well.

Paul

Thanks Paul, passed on the phone number to the person asking.

Keep safe .😷