Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday 15 February 2020

The Trelawny League has invoked the Wet Weather Protocol.

Games confirmed off so far 

Alturnan  v Illogan Res Junior Cup  refixtured for Sat 22nd Feb ( hopefully 😉)

Threemilestone. V. Newlyn Lions

Threemilestone Res. V Storm ..... refixtured for Sat 22nd Feb 

Stithians v  Newlyn Non Athletco

Holmans  v  Troon

Goonhavern  v  Probus 

Redruth Utd Res  v Frogpool res

St Agnes 3rds. V. Perranwell Res 

Probus Res  v  Lizard Res 

Chacewater v  Constantine Res 

Falmouth Town 3rds  v  Fourlanes

Praze v Holmans 

St Erme   V   Falmouth DC 
West Cornwall  v Mawnan Res 

Wendron 4ths  v Penzance Res 

Frogpool  v  St Ives Mariners 

New Inn Titans Res v Tregony

St Day 3rds  v Rosudgeon Res 

Ludgvan   V   Gwinear 

St Ives Town Res  v  St Buryan 

Falmouth Utd  v  Goonhavern Res 

Mullion Res v Illogan 3rds

St Just v Troon Res   Refixtured to next Saturday 22nd Feb

1game left to go  

Mawnan v Csm on Astro at Falmouth school ....star prize to both teams today 😁

27 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Very good effort by both clubs. I can't imagine that it's going to be any fun at all but well done, another fixture out of the way for both teams

Yes very good effort, but in these conditions I cannot see the point of playing it.

Saying “well, that’s another game out of the way” isn’t to me a good enough reason. It’s supposed to be about enjoyment isn’t it?

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Yes very good effort, but in these conditions I cannot see the point of playing it.

Saying “well, that’s another game out of the way” isn’t to me a good enough reason. It’s supposed to be about enjoyment isn’t it?

Absolutely.

However, if both teams want to play it, then obviously we will let them. They do not have to book a 3g. It would have been very easy for them to postpone this game, knowing it will be far from enjoyable however, both teams obviously fancy a game of football. If they said they didn't want to play it, that would have been fine with us because these are not conditions for football.  

My Sunday side played last Sunday and it was hideous. Today is worse so I can only imagine what it'll be like for both teams.

However, they should be commended for getting the game on, against the odds and on their own accord.

11 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Absolutely.

However, if both teams want to play it, then obviously we will let them. They do not have to book a 3g. It would have been very easy for them to postpone this game, knowing it will be far from enjoyable however, both teams obviously fancy a game of football. If they said they didn't want to play it, that would have been fine with us because these are not conditions for football.  

My Sunday side played last Sunday and it was hideous. Today is worse so I can only imagine what it'll be like for both teams.

However, they should be commended for getting the game on, against the odds and on their own accord.

No, no and no!

I've watched a few games this season that were nothing short of a farce.

Unable to keep their feet, 90% mis-hit passes, and very lucky not too have had broken legs.

Spectacle, no... farcical, enjoyable,  no... rubbish...got the game on...YEAH!