Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP - Saturday 30 November 2019

2 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Indeed, John, who cares ? As long as Penzance win, eh ? As long as you and others continue to exert influence in their favour, on committees, CCFA and everywhere else, as you have ever since the days of Dave Wadd, and the magnificent club policies of pillaging the whole of West Cornwall because you were then the "senior club", weren't you ? The brown envelopes could fly to Plymouth and the locals could sit on the bench. I remember my first visit to Penlee Park, when the Tinners weren't playing, instructed to cheer for Yeovil, who won 7-2. Dad was from Marazion, where they were no fonder of Smacktown FC then than we were up Newbridge Hill.In those days you even had a crowd and more than three committee members. What a surprise, Smacktown FC have banned me from spectating now, because I complained about their manager tapping up Tinners on the touchline. What a surprise. Can't take debate. And of course, one rule for the thieving Magpies and one for the village clubs. 

Who cares, John, you doyen of CCFA and expert on rules, so quick to invoke them when it is in your interest ? CTB tells us that there were missed tackles and people were getting teasy, so the ref blew up early. But now we have the word of a superannuated bank manager that CTB's watch was wrong. Perhaps he has a mystical link to the head of the referee. Well, if that's what Dave says, it must be true. We always trust the banks, don't we ? Too big to fail, they are. That's why the country is in such an excellent condition.

I expect if St Just had been playing there would have three off and a county payday. Maybe you would have appeared as a witness to our terrible, unsporting behaviour. How many cards did the ref dish out to Penzance and Perranwell Reserves, if the game was so tasty? Have they all been put in ?

Yeah, who cares, John ? Between the Jersey Wives Holiday Club of CCFA and the Dave Gardner Trophy Alliance that between them stitched up and destroyed the Combo, who cares ? It was only local football, John. Good job I live in Gloucestershire now: we might still have some to watch in ten years up here. Not sure about Cornwall, though.  

Who cares, John Mead, Mr Football ? Done you any good, has it ? What a club. Great past, no future. Lol.

How many cards did the ref dish out to Penzance and Perranwell Reserves, if the game was so tasty? Have they all been put in ?

I think you will find that Penzance had 1 booking and 1 Sin Bin.  Perranwell 2 bookings. 

Why not contact CCFA and find out if they were put in. It is not worth the referee not doing so as if found out he would get suspended and I believe fined for not doing so.

The referee has already stated that the game was 7 seconds over the 45 minutes. Are you going to demand his head on a platter for that?

All referees stop the watch for substitutions etc.

To mention the Dave Gardner Trophy in the way you have is downright disgusting and an insult to his family and the memory of a great player and person. Something that will never be said about you

2 hours ago, Biggreengiant said:

How many cards did the ref dish out to Penzance and Perranwell Reserves, if the game was so tasty? Have they all been put in ?

I think you will find that Penzance had 1 booking and 1 Sin Bin.  Perranwell 2 bookings. 

Why not contact CCFA and find out if they were put in. It is not worth the referee not doing so as if found out he would get suspended and I believe fined for not doing so.

The referee has already stated that the game was 7 seconds over the 45 minutes. Are you going to demand his head on a platter for that?

All referees stop the watch for substitutions etc.

To mention the Dave Gardner Trophy in the way you have is downright disgusting and an insult to his family and the memory of a great player and person. Something that will never be said about you

Don't like the messenger, so reject the truth he tells and smear him with something he didn't intend or say ? What are you, a Tory media mogul or something ? 

If I said that, in our era, FIFA World Cup bidding processes are corrupt and Qatar's stadium construction flouts human rights, that would not be a slur against the late Jules Rimet. If I said that there was limited interest in the Cornwall Charity Cup, that would not be a personal attack on the late Durning Lawrence.

I have no opinion of the late Mr Gardner and have not expressed one. I didn't know him.

Conversely, I have a strong opinion of the contribution made by representatives from Helston, Penzance and Porthleven to the demise of a once-great league. Read my words. By all means disagree robustly with them, but try not to frame lies about my intention. 

If 

4 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Isaac you should delete that yourself...awful post!

He cannot help it Older. He has an obsession with running down Penzance AFC and all associated with it. His rantings no longer have any effect upon anyone. I actually feel a little sorry for him - sympathy I'm sure he would neither understand nor appreciate.

I'm sure there are more important things to discuss eg some of the other games that were played! From what I gather....the weather held off, the game was played (makes a change after all the postponements recently), the referee did his job, Penzance won, Perranwell lost (and their manager has accepted defeat graciously). I know some people on here like a wind up (fair enough, I try not to take the bait most times), but there really are better things to talk about surely?! 

I think bringing the Dave Gardner trophy into this thread is totally disrespectful.

Ps I have no idea what went on at this game other than was has been written on this thread!

John Mead knows that I speak the truth, perhaps in a florid style on occasion. Unlike other critics above, he will at least recognise that the historical perspective from which my "obsession" is channelled is not superficial. With apologies to Leonard Cohen: "They sentenced me to thirty years of boredom/ For trying to change the Combo from within:/I'm coming now, I'm coming to reward them..."

Such insincere sympathy reminds me of the cliquey nepotism of my beloved native backwater, which in so many ways I have surmounted, in fields more expansive than Cornwall could offer. To be fair, the community gave me a decent educational foundation, which I think I adequately repaid between 1993 and 2009 before going on to better things. It still pays me well, for which I'm grateful.

It's nice to be compared to St Nicholas, too. I am indeed generous in bestowing so many words on those who display folly. St Icker forever, eh ? Could be a one horse town of only it weren't full of donkeys. Ho ho lol.

Amusing to see how uncharacteristically quiet CTB has gone after his initial blooper. And of course the latest generation of orthographically challenged adolescents from Penlee Park is appropriately articulate. Is 72 your IQ, Daren ? Sorry, did I misspell your name ? (probably not). 

Run away, chilblains, before you are sucked into boggy, briny mediocrity for ever. Penwith is no longer the rural idyll I was lucky enough to experience. It is a prison of narrow horizons. Incidentally, if you are foolish enough to vote for Brexit, your financial and cultural poverty will deepen. Get out while you can. 

"Other waves from ocean deep/Are surging in to land."

No wonder so many pitches are waterlogged. It is symbolic of an intellectual condition.