Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League results - Monday 10/4

Trelawny League Division 3
Ludgvan Reserves 10-2 West Cornwall Reserves

Unfortunately I wasn't there to play in/watch this one but I'm told the Hurlers dominated from start to finish (as the result might suggest). Well done lads.

Ludgvan scorers: Ryan Semmens (4), Lewis Griffin (3), Scott Stevens (3)

18 minutes ago, Timbotastic said:

Dunn Cup Semi Final 

Mawnan 1-0 St Buryan (HT 0-0)

Cracking game to be apart of. Very even and well reffed by Elliot. Good goal by mawnans num 9 in the 57th min. Sorry can't name as not sure what he's called to be honest. 

Tms 1, Penryn 3.

1st Stones game i've watched since the new manager took over.

Thought i was going to see there 1st league win of the season when James Blackburn put them 1-0 up early in the 2nd half but Penryn equalised a few minutes later. Another goal 5 minutes later put the ryn in front. A 3rd goal late on sealed the win but not before the Stones had a real good go at getting back on level terms.

Might have been a different story if the Penryn keeper had been sent off mid way through the 1st half for deliberately handling the ball outside his area when faced with a one on one following a long ball. Only the referee will know why this was not denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity, but as he's a nice ol chap and a regular on here maybe he'll explain? Other than that he had a good game.:thumbsup:.  Threemilestone made lots of subs 1st half which probably disrupted the flow a bit, but in the final 30 minutes when players started to link up and find some rhythm they looked pretty good and hopefully soon they can pull off a morale boosting win before the season finishes.

Att 33.  

Div 2 

Mawnan 2 Fallmouth town 1

Big game in division 2 tonight with 4th playing 5th and I believe now after the win tonight that guarantees us a top 4 finish (may be wrong) this season with still 4 games to go which in a very strong league this year with new managers and practically a whole new team, with only 2 players here this year that were with the seconds last year is a fantastic achievement so far this season! Not to mention also a semi final in a cup still to come! Going back to tonight's game it was a tough game, as Falmouth are a very good side with some great players. Thought we had the better of the first half and created the better chances and deserved to go in 1-0 at HT. Second half was a bit of a different story even though we got the goal early on to put us 2-0 up, it was more backs against the wall job especially when town cut the lead in half to make it 2-1 with about 15mins to go but thought we defended brilliantly tonight and probably just about deserved the victory over all. Good luck to Town for the rest of the season!

Ron , I do not normally explain any decisions on social media, but I will make an exception in this case, now as I saw it the goalkeeper came just out of the penalty area to chest down a high ball, the ball struck him on the chest but then ran down his arm , at this point the nearest attacker was was not near enough to challenge for the ball therefore I deemed it not to be denying a goal scoring oppertunity, I felt that the free kick to TMS was the appropriate course of action. I hope that gives a referee's point of view.

Fair play to newlyn who desrved the win who turned up and looked very good at times,surprised by our show 2night after recent good performances but i think saturdays huge effort and win at frogpool took alot out off us to be playing again on a monday night but take nothing away from newlyn.

Really surprised with the ludgvan score scoring 10 past west cornwall.

League Cup Semi final 

Marazion 1 v Helston 3rds 3

A game totally dominated by Helston from start to finish and really the scoreline should of been a lot bigger in Helstons favour had we taken our chances.  Eventually took the lead through a Chris Matthews penalty mid way through the first half. Dan Stidwell doubled the lead a minute into the second half.  Marazion  got back into the game from a fine Finish from I believe Alex Ralph. Although we continued to dominate and but for some good saves by the Marazion keeper and some wasteful finishing the game would of been long out of sight before Chris Matthews converted his second penalty.  Thank you to Wendron FC for their hospitality and also to the gentleman who stood in to referee at the last minute 

9 hours ago, B Manning said:

Ron , I do not normally explain any decisions on social media, but I will make an exception in this case, now as I saw it the goalkeeper came just out of the penalty area to chest down a high ball, the ball struck him on the chest but then ran down his arm , at this point the nearest attacker was was not near enough to challlenge for the balll therefore I deemed it not to be denying a goal scoring opertunity, I felt that the free kick to TMS was the appropriate course of action. I hope that gives a referee's point of view.

You saw i differently to me Mr Manning, i think Doughnut knew what he was doing, if he hadn't touched it, the ball was running past him and he would of had to turn back towards goal in a race with a 16yr old. Only going to be one winner there!  But at the end of the day your the man in the middle not me, so its your view that counts.

All the best young man.

8 minutes ago, Ron Manager said:

You saw i differently to me Mr Manning, i think Doughnut knew what he was doing, if he hadn't touched it, the ball was running past him and he would of had to turn back towards goal in a race with a 16yr old. Only going to be one winner there!  But at the end of the day your the man in the middle not me, so its your view that counts.

All the best young man.

Just shows how football is a game of viewpoints and opinions. Obviously Mr Ref has given what he saw - which is all we ask, and fair play for coming on here and explaining your decision. 

12 hours ago, Hurler said:

Trelawny League Division 3
Ludgvan Reserves 10-2 West Cornwall Reserves

Unfortunately I wasn't there to play in/watch this one but I'm told the Hurlers dominated from start to finish (as the result might suggest). Well done lads.

Ludgvan scorers: Ryan Semmens (4), Lewis Griffin (3), Scott Stevens (3)

9 hours ago, fudge said:

Really surprised with the ludgvan score scoring 10 past west cornwall.

Tough one to take yesterday, big thanks to all the lads that made themselves available, turned up and kept going to the end.

Missing 7 regulars, 3 guys playing their first game in several years, myself only playing my 5th game back from a pretty much season-long injury, it was always going to be a long and tough game.

Had to kick off with 10 men as 1 player let us down last minute and 1 was running late. Played about 20 mins of the first half with 10 and then lost a player to injury in the second half with about 25 minutes left, so played the best part of 45 mins with 10.

Fair play to Ludgvan, they took full advantage of our heavily weakened team and were basically camped out in our half for the entire game. No complaints there, we were there for the taking and they were clinical.

Disappointed with a complete lack of sportsmanship shown from a couple of their lads, but there's always a few idiots. Made me kind of wish we'd binned the game off and taken the fine and points hit rather than travel to Penzance for that sort of treatment when already struggling. But we're not that sort of side and everyone got a game.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

11 hours ago, Mawnan 2nds said:

Div 2 

Big game in division 2 tonight with 4th playing 5th and I believe now after the win tonight that guarantees us a top 4 finish (may be wrong) this season with still 4 games to go which in a very strong league this year with new managers and practically a whole new team, with only 2 players here this year that were with the seconds last year is a fantastic achievement so far this season! Not to mention also a semi final in a cup still to come! Going back to tonight's game it was a tough game, as Falmouth are a very good side with some great players. Thought we had the better of the first half and created the better chances and deserved to go in 1-0 at HT. Second half was a bit of a different story even though we got the goal early on to put us 2-0 up, it was more backs against the wall job especially when town cut the lead in half to make it 2-1 with about 15mins to go but thought we defended brilliantly tonight and probably just about deserved the victory over all. Good luck to Town for the rest of the season!

Tough game for both sides. Think the pitch made it difficult for the two sides to play football. Ball largely went long. Not a great game for the neutral, but Mawnan fought hard and defended very well. Town struggled to break them down. Looking forward to the Arthur Pearce Cup semi in two weeks, now realise how hard it is going to be to break down this Mawnan side!

11 hours ago, Manager. said:

I heard Keir dent scored both goals is this true???

No. Liam Dent did.

20 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Tough game for both sides. Think the pitch made it difficult for the two sides to play football. Ball largely went long. Not a great game for the neutral, but Mawnan fought hard and defended very well. Town struggled to break them down. Looking forward to the Arthur Pearce Cup semi in two weeks, now realise how hard it is going to be to break down this Mawnan side!

No. Liam Dent did.

But I thought Liam played for Penzance first not 5/6 leagues lower in trelawney 2? Could be wrong though ??

18 minutes ago, ian beale said:

But I thought Liam played for Penzance first not 5/6 leagues lower in trelawney 2? Could be wrong though ??

22 minutes ago, Tempo said:

i cud be wrong 2

Taken off Full Time:

1. Kier Dent
  2. Liam Dent    Goals x2
  3. Carl Ferris
  4. Fraser Harris
  5. Jake Joyce
  6. Scott Kellow
  7. Brodie Kemp
  8. Oliver Smith
  9. Simon Spear
  10. Dave Thomas
  11. David Thompson

Substitutes Substitutes

1. Chris Blundell
  2. James Durrant
  3. Dom Sadler
  4. David Williams

12 hours ago, B Manning said:

Ron , I do not normally explain any decisions on social media, but I will make an exception in this case, now as I saw it the goalkeeper came just out of the penalty area to chest down a high ball, the ball struck him on the chest but then ran down his arm , at this point the nearest attacker was was not near enough to challenge for the ball therefore I deemed it not to be denying a goal scoring oppertunity, I felt that the free kick to TMS was the appropriate course of action. I hope that gives a referee's point of view.

well done ref for coming on and explaining. You had the courtesy at the time and again after to explain your decision to me, which was much appreciated. Whether we agree on the decision is not up for discussion.....whether decisions are right or wrong, your man management by explaining why was all that mattered to me...so thank you. Hope many others take the same approach as all players and managers want is clarification.

in regard to the game....another close encounter and TMS moving in right direction and building for next season in Div 1.

I thought Penryn's (Helstons) number 12 made the difference and showed why he plays a few leagues higher on a Saturday.

on to our last 4 games now......COYS!!

56 minutes ago, ian beale said:

Can sign junior forms elsewhere? guessing signed for Mawnan junior forms instead of penzance junior side! happens a lot! Similar to the other lad on teamsheet Scott kellow if correct one plays for Helston first team guessing chose sign for Mawnan instead of Helston 3rd  team 

5 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

Can sign junior forms elsewhere? guessing signed for Mawnan junior forms instead of penzance junior side! happens a lot! Similar to the other lad on teamsheet Scott kellow if correct one plays for Helston first team guessing chose sign for Mawnan instead of Helston 3rd  team 

Correct.........most  junior clubs have a senior player or "several" from various other senior clubs signed on.  With fixtures coming thick and fast this time of the season you will probably see many familiar names pop up all over the place.

7 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

Don't know about that Scott if he did play didn't  make any difference whatsoever! The striker did obviously and there other player that was decent was there centre half think he's called Ollie! 

12 hours ago, dobbie said:

League Cup Semi final 

Marazion 1 v Helston 3rds 3

A game totally dominated by Helston from start to finish and really the scoreline should of been a lot bigger in Helstons favour had we taken our chances.  Eventually took the lead through a Chris Matthews penalty mid way through the first half. Dan Stidwell doubled the lead a minute into the second half.  Marazion  got back into the game from a fine Finish from I believe Alex Ralph. Although we continued to dominate and but for some good saves by the Marazion keeper and some wasteful finishing the game would of been long out of sight before Chris Matthews converted his second penalty.  Thank you to Wendron FC for their hospitality and also to the gentleman who stood in to referee at the last minute 

Well done to Helston for last night, we simply didn't turn up. Outplayed us from start to finish.. good luck in the final and we will see u boys at your place in a week or 2. 

1 hour ago, ian beale said:

Don't know about that Scott if he did play didn't  make any difference whatsoever! The striker did obviously and there other player that was decent was there centre half think he's called Ollie! 

Scott kellow played In midfield he had a great game. Also Liam signed for them in the summer as his brother obviously plays there. Seems to happen to most clubs in division 1 this season. Good on them if they can attract those sort of players 

14 hours ago, Mawnan 2nds said:

Div 2 

5 or 6 regular players missing aswell from what I was told last night. So big result for an mawnan side who finished 6/7 last season. What a difference a season makes 

5 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Just shows how football is a game of viewpoints and opinions. Obviously Mr Ref has given what he saw - which is all we ask, and fair play for coming on here and explaining your decision. 

To be fair nothing is guaranteed in football look at Torres for Chelsea missed many open goals and he's without sounding disrespectful to the 16 yr a player at the top rather than an inexperienced grass roots player.

18 hours ago, Mr Bean said:

To be fair nothing is guaranteed in football look at Torres for Chelsea missed many open goals and he's without sounding disrespectful to the 16 yr a player at the top rather than an inexperienced grass roots player.

i'm not sure of your point here Mr Rowe? your comments are as mind boggling as some of your on pitch decisions :yahoo::SM_carton:

On 11/04/2017 at 11:11, Fish said:

well done ref for coming on and explaining. You had the courtesy at the time and again after to explain your decision to me, which was much appreciated. Whether we agree on the decision is not up for discussion.....whether decisions are right or wrong, your man management by explaining why was all that mattered to me...so thank you. Hope many others take the same approach as all players and managers want is clarification.

in regard to the game....another close encounter and TMS moving in right direction and building for next season in Div 1.

I thought Penryn's (Helstons) number 12 made the difference and showed why he plays a few leagues higher on a Saturday.

on to our last 4 games now......COYS!!

Was a very even game between TMS and Penryn 3rds. Penryn now under new management and lacking a few bodies during the week, Kirk was available and came in to help us out as he has done for Penryn on many occasions. 

Penryn have a young side now and I think it was a balanced game that TMS probably deserved something from. An even first half with us trying to adjust to a slightly new formation with a couple different players starting. A reshuffle at half time and we came out slowly and TMS got themselves in front. Once we settled down we got ourselves ahead and didn't really look back. TMS kept coming and pushing but we held on for the 3 points. 

As for the keeper incident, me personally I thought a red was coming but my angle was different to what Mr Manning had, but he is the ref and I respect his decision. 

Good luck to TMS for the rest of the season and for your rebuild next year in division 1, good squad you boys have there that will only get better