Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Fixtures 11/3/2017

As usual it'll be great if you could text in your reports/scores plus any key players in to Josh on 07957345945 if you want to be featured in the Sunday Independent. 

Percy Stephens Cup
Pendeen Rovers    2-5  Camborne School of Mines

Jubilee Cup
Hayle 3rds     2-3    Carharrack Reserves 
St Buryan Reserves     4-1      Four Lanes Reserves
Stithians Reserves P-P  Newbridge Athletic
Wendron United 4ths     2-11    New Inn Titans 

Premier
Chacewater     3-4   Lizard Argyle 
Penryn Athletic 3rds     P-P   St Buryan 
Threemilestone      1-2     Mousehole Reserves

Division 1
Lanner     P-P Halsetown 
Newlyn Non-Athletico    5-3 Trispen
St Agnes Reserves     4-2    Marazion Blues 

Division 2
Falmouth Town   0-6    Penwith Exiles
Goonhavern Athletic Reserves     3-1     Chacewater Reserves
Holman SC Reserves     P-P    RNAS Culdrose Reserves
Illogan RBL 3rds     3-6      Mabe 
Mawnan Reserves     4-3     Redruth United Reserves 

Division 3
St Just Reserves       6-2    Mabe Reserves 
Four Lanes      3-0      Newlyn Lions 
Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves       2-4     Falmouth DC
Lizard Argyle Reserves     3-4     St Day 3rds
St Erme     2-3     St Agnes 3rds 
West Cornwall Reserves     4-1     Ludgvan Reserves

Division 4
Rosudgeon Reserves     3-1    Troon AFC Reserves 
Ruan Minor      16-0     Madron

7 minutes ago, Newbridge Man said:

Yeah it is, I only picked up the email from them this morning about the pitch being waterlogged still on inspection last night.

Malpas would probably be in the same position but they didn't ask, they just postponed it. 

Wow if there pitch is water logged can't imagine hardly any games being on, normally a force ten gale blowing up there and you'd think it would be dry enough to play. 

48 minutes ago, jolzy10 said:

Wow if there pitch is water logged can't imagine hardly any games being on, normally a force ten gale blowing up there and you'd think it would be dry enough to play. 

Strange one. I went up to Frogpool last night and our pitch is fine, i mean it's bobbly, but it's fine. Provided it's held up over night our game will definitely be on today.

3 hours ago, jolzy10 said:

Yeah I'm not sure, must be very bad! Can they postpone the night before? I don't mind, just needs to squeeze in to a busy end of season now.

Falmouth 0-6 Penwith Exiles 

Rory Courtney 2x

Josh Findlay 

Damon Nicholls

Daniel Burt 

Danny Earl

it was a slog of a game today at Falmouth. A tough pitch To play on again this week I think playing at wendron in shocking conditions last week helped us a lot today. Credit to Falmouth kept on all game and played some nice football. We managed to counter well and take or chances. Good luck to Falmouth for the rest of the season! 

Division 3 

Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves 2 - 4 Falmouth DC

Frogpool were leading, but 3 late goals secured Falmouth DC the win. A costly defeat in the title race for the home side. I'm sure a slightly more detailed match report will be available later from either Tempo or one of the guys at Falmouth DC.

Threemilestone 1-2 mousehole reserves.

A newly revived threemilestone lead by Brian Fish and Mark Woolcock for their first game in charge saw a much better performance from the stones and the best performance they had this season. Mousehole battled from start to finish, with threats from either wing and the striker number 10. The first goal came from the visitors from a corner, a ball crept through the home defender on the soft spot in penalty area, parried off the keeper and nodded home at the back post. The game moved at a fast tempo at times, with the home keeper making several good saves to keep the stones in the game. 80 minute came and a desperate attempt saw Ben Pearne slide in from a cross to the left and put it under the keeper. 1-1 seemed a fair result.. but at the death mousehole came through with the striker one on one with keeper, the keeper saving it but rolling towards the line, and the defender only had to hoof clear, only for there to be very minimal power and it rolled to the same striker and put into the open net for the win for the green and white army.

a much better performance for threemilestone which will battle till the end of the season, will feel they were unlucky to get nothing from this game. Onwards and upwards for threemilestone but very unlucky this week.

Coys

Premier

Chacewater 3  Lizard Argyle 4  h/t 2-2

Lizard took an early lead with a Craig Pollard penalty but 49 year old Dave Hitchens equalised with a stunning strike.Lizrd ahead again through Jack Casley but another stunner from Dave Hitchens brought the scores level.

Craig Hitchens with a screamer into the top corner of the net put Chacewater ahead only for Lizard to quickly equalise. through Ben Casley.Billy Jane scored the winner for the visitors late on to break the hearts of the home team who had played so well and deserved something from the match..

Thanks to Lizard and referee Gary Lord,who had a good game,for coming back to the pub afterwards.

Div 2

Mawnan 4 Redruth 3

Tough game for us today, thought we was in control first half and playing well and went in 3-1 up and could have potentially been more. But not for the first time this season we didn't come out of the changing rooms second half and started of poorly. Fair play to Redruth though they upped there game and deserved the 2 goals they got to draw them level. At 3-3 either team could of won it but luckily for us it was us who grabbed the winner and most importantly the 3 points. Good luck to Redruth for the rest of the season (apart from the reverse fixture in April lol) 

Mawnan goal scorers 

OG 

Ollie Growcott-Smith x1

Christian Blundell x1

Brodie Kemp x1

1 hour ago, JENGLE said:

Division 3 

Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves 2 - 4 Falmouth DC

Frogpool were leading, but 3 late goals secured Falmouth DC the win. A costly defeat in the title race for the home side. I'm sure a slightly more detailed match report will be available later from either Tempo or one of the guys at Falmouth DC.

Won't be providing a detailed report as I'm distraught and off out on the beer to lick my wounds but wel done to DC!

also just want to say Chris Dengler as the referee was absolutely outstanding

Illogan 3rds 3-6 Mabe FC 

Better performance from us today, sloppy at times, but still a much needed 3 points and an improvement from the last few weeks to keep us in the hunt. 

Mabe Scorers: Me x3, Ash Lawrence x2, Finley Thomson x1

1 hour ago, muzza09 said:

Illogan 3rds 3-6 Mabe FC 

Better performance from us today, sloppy at times, but still a much needed 3 points and an improvement from the last few weeks to keep us in the hunt. 

Mabe Scorers: Me x3, Ash Lawrence x2, Finley Thomson x1

Was decent game to be fair, thought 3 set piece goals conceded from our point of view was poor at 4-1 half time, could of been case of how many from there, but we reacted well I thought second half went out and went for it and got couple of goals back!!! mabe decent side lots good players especially forward areas! Potentially could play them two more times yet and will have to cut out the silly individual mistakes else like today they'll punish us as they are very clinical in front of goal fair play to mabe overall better side today and deservedly winners :)

Mr. James, Two points if I may: Firstly there are usually four "teams" involved in a football match. Two of players (obviously) a team of officials and if you're lucky a bunch of supporters. The forum would be a much diminished place if you were to exile any one of them. Secondly some of us have good reason for pseudonyms, jobs outside football for example where discussions on forum matters might be inappropriate. 

As I said above there should be further systems to police the forum, rather than the rather draconian measures of expelling whole classes of users.

Let's return to discussing football guys. If you have any problems with palyers, referees etc etc - please sort it via the official channels. That is through your club chairman and not this forum.

Many thanks

PS. I think it best that any slightest mention of refs or the smallest of insult - the post is going to be deleted.

8 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Such as?

Ah Dave, in reviewing the thread I see that you have had your judicial snips out to remove some of Justjoking's more odious posts (either that or Jj has had an overwhelming bout of conscience and deleted them himself). 

Over the years that I've been a forum member the sanctions have worked fairly well, considering that you can't have a Moderator logged on 24/7, however, as the instances of on-line trolling have become, even here, more frequent and more unpleasant. I just wondered if it was time to review the lines and the sanctions

I think actually he must have deleted some himself because I couldn't find them - however, as mentioned in my previous post - I've deleted a whole lot more and following on requested that we return to reasonable football chat!

Football is our hobby - let us enjoy it please :thumbsup:

On 11/03/2017 at 17:45, Soccer Follower said:

Premier

Chacewater 3  Lizard Argyle 4  h/t 2-2

Thanks to Lizard and referee Gary Lord,who had a good game,for coming back to the pub afterwards.

On 11/03/2017 at 18:40, Wingersshins said:

Buryan 2nds 4 v 1 Fourlanes 2nds.

Our ref  (Francis Sampson) had a good game as always.

On 11/03/2017 at 19:15, Tempo said:

Won't be providing a detailed report as I'm distraught and off out on the beer to lick my wounds but wel done to DC!

also just want to say Chris Dengler as the referee was absolutely outstanding

Let's make it a "Silent season" Dave, but just for the denigration of Referees. I'd hate to lose comments like the above from the forum.

Divsion 3 

Frogpool Reserves 2 - 4 Falmouth DC 

Great Result Against our local Rivials In a well contested Derby at Frogpool. We went ahead within the first 20 min through a long Range Effort from a poor clearance from the Frogpool keeper. Frogpool hit back dead on halftime when there were Awarded a Pen and was slotted Away. 1-1 Half time. 

Second Half was well batteled by both sides throughout and Frogpool took the lead when there were once again Awarded another pen which was a poor call from the ref as it clearly wasn't. Sam Bromley put it away to put Frogpool 2-1 up. But the boys never stopped putting the work in and we got ourselfs back in the game with a long throw finding it's way in to back of the net from a flick on from myself and hitting a Frogpool player and going in. We then went on and got to well work goals to win the Game in the last 20 mins and claim ourselfs a Big 3 points. I think we Wanted it more then Frogpool on the day and we never gave it up even when we was behind in the Game. Great team performance by the boys. ??⚽️  

Goals - 

Jack Froud 

Toby Webb 

freddie Tomlinson 

And a Own Goal 

14 hours ago, Zmaunder said:

Divsion 3 

Frogpool Reserves 2 - 4 Falmouth DC 

Great Result Against our local Rivials In a well contested Derby at Frogpool. We went ahead within the first 20 min through a long Range Effort from a poor clearance from the Frogpool keeper. Frogpool hit back dead on halftime when there were Awarded a Pen and was slotted Away. 1-1 Half time. 

Second Half was well batteled by both sides throughout and Frogpool took the lead when there were once again Awarded another pen which was a poor call from the ref as it clearly wasn't. Sam Bromley put it away to put Frogpool 2-1 up. But the boys never stopped putting the work in and we got ourselfs back in the game with a long throw finding it's way in to back of the net from a flick on from myself and hitting a Frogpool player and going in. We then went on and got to well work goals to win the Game in the last 20 mins and claim ourselfs a Big 3 points. I think we Wanted it more then Frogpool on the day and we never gave it up even when we was behind in the Game. Great team performance by the boys. ??⚽️  

Goals - 

Jack Froud 

Toby Webb 

freddie Tomlinson 

And a Own Goal 

Not sure you guys wanted it more. We just didn't take our chances, we dominated the majority of possession and were camped in your third for over half of the match. You guys didn't give up though. We conceded three very sloppy goals so we are disappointed. Looking forward to the return fixture on March 25th.