Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City Relegated

Why would I have lost my memory? Explain

You seem to have forgotten that you have already made endless posts on this forum over the years stating that you don't give two hoots about Truro City. There can't be anyone left in Cornwall that doesn't know! :)

But, Isaac Rosenberk, I do have hilarious memories of you! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Why would I have lost my memory? Explain

You seem to have forgotten that you have already made endless posts on this forum over the years stating that you don't give two hoots about Truro City. There can't be anyone left in Cornwall that doesn't know! :)

But, Isaac Rosenberk, I do have hilarious memories of you! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:. For some one so intelligent ,he doesn't realise how many think what a door hammer he is.

Thank you for your persistent compliments to my intelligence. As I am quite a modest and shy individual, it comes as a nice surprise. You must have been talking to my friends in Treewellard.

I tend to open and close doors without using a hammer at all, actually. This must come from my effete, silken St Just background, unlike you boys from the ruthless streets of downtown Truro.

Poor old Bitter Ventriloquist. Look at that syntax, he's actually spluttering. He is the sort who would eat at his computer, so I expect he has just spat a mouthful of tripe over one of his long-suffering family.

Truro's Vase ? I think most people in Cornwall are more likely to remember the man who wasn't paid for tarmacking the car park. Apart from the disappointed ball boys, the seven-year olds dumped in favour of the choices of Master Heaney three days before the final, of course.

Two Combo cups, actually. And everybody paid as promised. Where is your Vase winning team now ? Any now with any connection with Cornwall whatsoever ? Thought not.

Rich men buy football clubs as playthings. Then they grow out of them, though remaining rich men. However, they leave their little gofors lonely when they go. Some of them even end up bitter, like you. :Santa:

Where is your Vase winning team now ? Any now with any connection with Cornwall whatsoever ? Thought not.

I think 5 players from that victorious side are still in the team. Sorry if the facts spoiled your post Isaac Rosenberk. A few, (or probably a lot), of extra teacher training days required! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Thank you for your persistent compliments to my intelligence. As I am quite a modest and shy individual, it comes as a nice surprise. You must have been talking to my friends in Treewellard.

I tend to open and close doors without using a hammer at all, actually. This must come from my effete, silken St Just background, unlike you boys from the ruthless streets of downtown Truro.

Poor old Bitter Ventriloquist. Look at that syntax, he's actually spluttering. He is the sort who would eat at his computer, so I expect he has just spat a mouthful of tripe over one of his long-suffering family.

Truro's Vase ? I think most people in Cornwall are more likely to remember the man who wasn't paid for tarmacking the car park. Apart from the disappointed ball boys, the seven-year olds dumped in favour of the choices of Master Heaney three days before the final, of course.

Two Combo cups, actually. And everybody paid as promised. Where is your Vase winning team now ? Any now with any connection with Cornwall whatsoever ? Thought not.

Rich men buy football clubs as playthings. Then they grow out of them, though remaining rich men. However, they leave their little gofors lonely when they go. Some of them even end up bitter, like you. :Santa:

defo not lonely,ten grandchildren see to that,and bitter that award goes to mr door handle him self.

When was the last time you were at Treyew Road Isaac. I attend most home games and as yet have never seen any tarmac in the car park. Suggest you do some research and get your facts right before you comment. Good cricket teams down your way though. I eat warrens pasties so I suppose that makes me a St Just fan in a funny sort of way.

truros mr mourinho wrote "defo not lonely,ten grandchildren see to that,and bitter that award goes to mr door handle him self".

WOW if you equal my eleven grand off spring your peace will surely be shattered.

Eight grandchildren - five greatgrandchildren - lovely when you give em back to their mums and dads. Ho ho ho.

Where is your Vase winning team now ?

You don't make the context of your query crystal clear, Isaac, but if you are referring to the players of the time, you'll find Joe Broad (scorer of one of the goals at Wembley), Jake Ash, Marcus Martin and Stewart Yetton still turning out for Truro. Not many teams will have very many players this season who have been ever-present for six seasons. As the club climbed the pyramid some personnel changes were inevitable. I'm not sure how many Cornish born players are in the Pirates' first fifteen but they couldn't be where they are without the "imported" players. I'm not sure how many of Arsenal's squad were born in North London. Or the UK, for that matter. Truro regularly field Cody Cooke, a Penryn boy, and new signing Jordan Copp lives this side of the Tamar, I believe. Jake Ash is Cornish, of course, and so (I think) is current 'keeper Luke Payne. Then there's Ben Williams. In Cornwall you have two choices: watching sport at the highest level possible in which case accept non-Cornish players; or watch teams of just local boys (or girls) and tolerate a lower level of sport.

If you want to watch two teams of local players locking horns tonight Wednesday) come to Treyew Road for Truro City v Falmouth Town (KO 7.45)

Think it is a shame that people have this negative attitude toward City.

Now they are being run the right way I hope that other local supporters and teams wish them well. It is a pity they have been released and I wish them well next season. I think it would be great for the county to have a team in the B,use Square Prem and above. It would be great for grassroots over the county and in time maybe Truro's development scheme could be better and replace the Torquay and Plymouth developments we have down here, in turn improving football in the county as a whole and hopefully seeing more professional Cornish players. Long way off I know but why not?

For a number of years the teams in level 1 to 3 has seen some clubs escape relegation due to the demise etc of others, this does not appear to be happening this season even though there is less cash in the game, it would appear football clubs are now getting their houses in order, that has to be a good sign for the future.

Last time I was at Treyew Road, your Reserves were beating Foxhole. Haven't been this year, but drove past earlier today.Looks like a plucky attempt to garner some revenue.

Always watch St Just when I come to Cornwall, probably in line with their last defender. Glad to hear that my taxes are keeping all you pensioners so polyphiloprogenitive. Looking forward to a free bus pass myself in a few years. Best wishes to the grandchildren !

Also felt, seeing how dead this section of the website is compared to the other sections, that you could do with livening up. It is sad that you were being relegated and nobody in Cornwall seemed to care till I came on to galvanise you ! From the view of Cornwall provided by the media, there's far more interest down there in dogging !

Seem to have succeeded, pretty good biting going on. Denture sales will be up again !

All the best to you, Mr Trust. I remember you trying to report on a cliffhanger conclusion to the old JSWL at Treyew Road a few years back, when Radio Fogey kept fobbing you off to report on Ladies' Gig Racing instead. I'm sure the mike at Truro City is mellifluous and eloquent. :)