Cornwall Football Forum

Senior Cup Final at Saltash

What an embarrassment for the CCFA if Penryn had toppled Bodmin last night and made it to the final to play Helston at Saltash

As there is no consideration to travelling for finalists now why not pencil in Penlee Park or next season now.

They no longer ban all football on Easter Monday in the County as I see Truro City host Basingstoke on the same afternoon.

Excellent fighting qualities from the West Cornwall clubs Helston & Penryn-great effort.

btw another West Cornwall club, Illogan RBL Reserves also have to trek to THe Kimberley Stadium

Guest Monty

Just like the Champions league final was at Munich last year with Bayern in the final??? i personally think its great that CCFA share it around the county and no matter where it is it will always be a day out as every club whether junior or senior status will agree. Saltash is a great setup and deserves to hold the finals day, but at the end of the day if you dont want to attend then dont. :c:

I wrote to the cornwall fa as soon as this venue was announced complaining of the travelling distance involved for supporters. The reply I received was both sarcastic and rude and completeley unjustified. The venue could easily have benn in mid Cornwall. I also raised the question why the venue is never held at Falmouth and the feeble excuse was "that Falmouth never ask!" Quite honestly, the Cornwall FA are a law to themselves and I do wonder what they do to promote soccer in Cornwall.

Got to disagree with you on this Mike. It's the county cups and hosting it should be shared around the county.

As a side thought, it's quite a while since Falmouth staged it - when was it last at Bickland?

I agree that the Cornwall F A showpiece should be shared around the County and was just pointing out what might have been.

Before and after the War years the Finals were monopolised at St.Austell and at Truro if St.Austell were involved.

This was mainly due to travel where both destinations were on the main Railway network.

I dont think many neutrals would travel from the deep West to Saltash,

another couple of miles or so you are at Home Park-Hope Argyle are not playing that day.

The last Finals day at Bickland Park was 1998 when Porthleven met Truro City (ideally placed).

It would be interesting to list the previous venues to see if this sharing is being done-

Here is for starters

2012-@ Mount Wise.Newquay

2011-@ Trevassack Park -Hayle

2005-@ Lux Park-Liskeard

2004-@ Blaise Park-St.Blazey

2000-@ Mount Wise-Newquay

Could some one fill in the other years?

2010 - (@ Truro City, 5/4/10) Bodmin Town 3-1 Camelford

2009 - (@ St Blazey, 13/4/09) St Austell 3-2 Saltash United

2008 - (@ Wadebridge Town, 24/3/08) Truro City 3-2 Saltash United

2007 - (@ Bodmin Town, 9/4/07) Truro City 1-0 Liskeard Athletic

2006 - (@ St Blazey, Easter Monday) Bodmin Town 1-4 Truro City

2001 - (@ Newquay, 16/4/01) Porthleven 1-1 St Blazey + Replay 19/4/01

The cost of tavelling to nearly in Devon and back fo0r people like me from the extreme south of Cornwall and then the high admission charge does make an Easter Monday football treat prohibitive.

Car share with some of your mates!!! That's the answer to cutting your costs down. How much is admission into the ground?

There is a Roselyn Coach leaving Poltair Park at 11.45 if you want a lift? Its a tenner each!! Only stipulation is you have to sit next to Clive Keam.

Clive has 2 seats to himself :thumbsup: Looking forward to the day - i'm sure there'll be plenty of support for St.Austell 2nds. What time is the coach scheduled to leave though? After the senior cup final or is it flexible?

Always enjoy the Senior Cup Final . It is a really good day out if you turn up early to watch the Junior Cup Final as well . Quite often the atmosphere generated by the crowd is better for that game. It is usually between sides who genuinely relish the chance to play in a showpiece game .

Saltash? Travelling? In my football career (if you can call it that) of the last 12-18 months I will never complain about travelling anywhere in Cornwall and Devon again!! I've probably traveled more in that time than in my 12 years in the South Weston League!! You're an hour away from anywhere in Cornwall!! Be a Truro supporter and travel to Dover to watch your team, that's travelling!!

I agree with Dave Deacon, it's the Cornwall Senior Cup and must be shared around and I can't think of a better ground for it to be at than Saltash. Will be a great atmosphere there...just enjoy the day out!!

Why can't the FA just set up a rota for the next x amount of years?

2010 - (@ Truro City, 5/4/10) Bodmin Town 3-1 Camelford

2009 - (@ St Blazey, 13/4/09) St Austell 3-2 Saltash United

2008 - (@ Wadebridge Town, 24/3/08) Truro City 3-2 Saltash United

2007 - (@ Bodmin Town, 9/4/07) Truro City 1-0 Liskeard Athletic

2006 - (@ St Blazey, Easter Monday) Bodmin Town 1-4 Truro City

2001 - (@ Newquay, 16/4/01) Porthleven 1-1 St Blazey + Replay 19/4/01

Oh and Nemisis, you forgot 2005!! @Liskeard in front of a crowd of 1500...Launceston 2 - 1 Bodmin. Up the Clarets!!!!!!!

Why can't the FA just set up a rota for the next x amount of years?

Probably because they wouldn't want a team reaching the final and playing it on their home ground?

Easily sorted, you just have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice each year!!

Train costings are so cheap i cant believe it really

Redruth to saltash (group saver 4 ) £19.60 making it £4.90 return

st austell to Saltash (group saver 4) £16.20 making it £4.05 return

the station is about 10 mins walk from the ground too lots of people traveling by train be good to have lots of banter on the train with the illogan fans too (and a few beers).

See you all there

Hopefully, in the not too distant future, this will not be an issue as the final will be held at The Stadium For Cornwall. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Is that not going to be Truro FC's home and if so they are allowed to play games themselves on Easter Monday

Watch this space.... won't be long before all details are revealed