Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - 23rd February 2013

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

23rd February 2013

Falmouth Athletic (Brett Southerland 4, Steve Owen, Quaid Saunder) 6-3 Falmouth Town Reserves (Andy Westgarth 2, Brynn Wheeler)

Att - 30

Ludgvan (Gerens James, Jack Ramsey, Tom Patrick) 3-1 Wendron United (Ben Allen)

Att - 28

Mullion (Alan Thomas, Jacob Lugg, Chris Ennsink) 3-2 RNAS Culdrose (Paul Simmons, Gavin Treacy)

Att - 27

Newquay Reserves 0-1 Perranwell (Dean Southworth)

Att - 40

Pendeen Rovers (Jamie Payne, Ashley Ellis) 2-2 Illogan RBL (James Martin, Simon Ellis)

Att - 60

Porthleven Reserves (Steve Jenkins 2) 2-1 St Agnes (Nick Perry)

Att - 53

St Day (Gavin Boon 2, Danny Ford, Chris Tolley, Mikey Davis, Martin Day, Tom Hogarth) 7-0 Hayle Reserves

Att - 35

St Ives Town (Jowan May, Curtis Richards) 2-0 Goonhavern Athletic

Att - 15

St Just (Darren Steadman 3, Darren Ball) 4-0 Holman SC

Att - 25

Troon (Richie Ward, Ashley Smeeth) 2-3 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Matt McIlroy, Chris Mullroy, Ryan Reeve)

Att - 22

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ST DAY 24 18 2 4 81 34 47 56
2 ILLOGAN RBL 22 18 2 2 64 26 38 56
3 LUDGVAN 23 14 2 7 65 39 26 44
4 PERRANWELL 21 13 3 5 55 29 26 42
5 PENDEEN ROVERS 22 12 5 4 59 34 25 41
6 ST IVES TOWN 19 11 7 1 55 25 30 40
7 MULLION 25 12 3 10 66 67 -1 39
8 WENDRON UNITED 22 10 5 7 47 39 8 35
9 ST AGNES 21 10 4 7 48 35 13 34
10 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 22 10 4 8 56 52 4 34
11 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 21 9 4 8 44 38 6 31
12 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 22 9 2 11 43 50 -7 29
13 ST JUST 22 8 3 11 42 48 -6 27
14 RNAS CULDROSE 19 6 5 8 48 47 1 23
15 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 21 7 2 12 44 70 -26 23
16 TROON 21 6 2 13 44 52 -8 20
17 HAYLE RESERVES 24 5 4 15 33 72 -39 19
18 NEWQUAY RESERVES 22 4 3 15 34 61 -27 15
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 25 4 2 19 36 87 -51 14
20 HOLMAN SC 24 2 2 20 28 87 -59 8

Newquay 0-1 Perranwell

Dean Southworth with a late goal stole the 3 points for the Well.

Got to say Newquay have come a long way from the side we played at the start of the year and although I didn't make a save for such a young team they were fantastic. Having said that we made hard work of a game where, if we took our chances it could have been 10-0 and when we missed a penalty in the second have I really thought it was one of those days. Well played to Newquay and good luck for the rest of the year.

St.Ives 2 - 0 Goonhavern (HT 1-0)

Goals from Jowan May and Curtis Richards, about 15 attending

Very frustrating game; ball spent more time off the pitch than it did on which made for a very stop start game and not much of a spectacle. St Ives took their chances, we didn't. Nothing else happened.

Of the game which required reffing, it was done well.

Go Tinners....13 goals in 3 at Lafrowda against the mighty Port, Hayle and Holmans !

Super Steadman, fox in the box, back to his best ! Sorry to have missed it; this Blue Square rubbish I have to watch isn't a patch on the Combo ! :c: . Looking forward to a full report from Pitty !

Up to 13th. 13th is 23 places above Penzance ! :yahoo:

Top half finish inevitable now;;only 14 points from 16 games to overtake Pendeen; no bother ! :yahoo:

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, February 24, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, February 24, 2013 - No reason given
Go Tinners....13 goals in 3 at Lafrowda against the mighty Port, Hayle and Holmans ! Super Steadman, fox in the box, back to his best ! Sorry to have missed it; this Blue Square rubbish I have to watch isn't a patch on the Combo ! :c: . Looking forward to a full report from Pitty ! Up to 13th. 13th is 23 places above Penzance ! :yahoo: Top half finish inevitable now;;only 14 points from 16 games to overtake Pendeen; no bother ! :yahoo:
for some one who is so intelligent you don't half talk a pile of shit,it's funny I was out in Truro,Falmouth today and about half a dozen different people that I spoke to said the same ,just shows some body with such brains can still be such a prat

St Just 4-0 Holman Sports Club

Att -25 Their was 24 from the village all called Curnow but sadly no sign of Rodney who must be at a lines person seminar somewhere giving a keynote speech. Jason's pregnant Mrs was the sole representative for us and she was well chuffed sitting in the dugout in the tropical temperature! My family went last year but have decided Heartlands park is much nicer then St Just plus it's cheaper for me on the J20 and packet of crisps front!!

For once being a Saturday and not the usual Tuesday night mad dash fixture we have had in the past the plan was to take a nice leisurely drive down taking in the sights obviously using my car as I drive a very economical 4x4 landrover that doesn't guzzle fuel at all but im mindful that at least diesel is so cheap these days....luckily for us we got as far as Hayle roundabout before the phone call Bobby big nose had been left behind at the club somehow so well chuffed to go back to Camborne so soon! I think I even managed to pull a couple of 'G' going around Hayle roundabout on 2 wheels!!! Bobby was welcomed into the car with all the love and affection you would expect and then luckily for the rest of the trip all the Sunday drivers had brought their day out a day forward hindering my rally driving skills further. Having made my usual balls up of turning left in the village too soon finally found "the blue door" and got to the ground with a whole 25 min to spare.....we weren't last either Billings has sorted his sat nav out but must now drive a delorean as he thinks kick offs are 3pm.....only 1 week out!

Anyway the only silver lining to this was the warm up was modified to standing in front of the radiator in the changing room so fully booted and spurred in our away blue kit we took to the field...well for about 5 seconds as St just were not out there yet so we went back in to keep warm as it was bloody freezing!! On to the game the home side were without Patch due to his netball skills at our place a couple of weeks ago. Steadman was back though so the joys of his cheery disposition sadly missed at blaythorne was something to look forward to. St just started brightly looking pretty sharp down the wings helped by the lack of inflatable rings that they wore last time. We had a gameplan.....basically defend like mad and punt the ball to billings...it's not rocket science and strangely it was working all those hard worked minutes on the training pitch paying off!! The flying potato sack and new club secretary Ben Minns was forced to pull off a couple Sky Sport slo mo specials but otherwise it was turning into a midfield battle with Selley and Old man Lavis looking solid, Jase was supposed to be their too but he was so far forward he was leaning against the goalpost boring the crap out of the St Just keeper about Man U being 15 points clear!!! Believe me your lucky we have to put up with that every week!!!

Ht 0-0......thriller!

If we could get Fifa to reduce playing time to 45min I honestly think we could be a top 5 side! Sadly people like to play a bit longer so alas same old story ensued...I swear we are the luckiest side ever though as we had even started the half quite brightly but to be honest any goal chance for us was coming from a set piece and when we had a corner we nearly scored from a Jase header....5 seconds later the home side took the lead the jase header was stopped on the line by neil curnow who then punted it upfield which somehow bounced off some part of bobbys anatomy I would say nose but that's not kind and probably not 100% true into happy go lucky Darren's feet who did a clever little chip over Ben who was rushing out to give him a cuddle 1-0....A couple of minutes later a fine solo effort from the impressive Darren ball meant Holmans heads were down quicker then a prayer meeting at Camborne church....I think we are praying for a miracle now. 2 more goals and 13 moans later Darren had a hat trick and we had lost 4-0...great!

Couple of pints with the St Just lads after the game thankfully Neil kept his clothes on this week and a quick stop in KFC drive thru....useless buggers forgot my spicy wrap but I couldn't be arsed to go back round another roundabout!!! No reports now for a month as I'm off working somewhere hot and sunny see you all at the end of march for the Ludgvan game.....hopefully if I'm not stranded!

Ludgvan 3-1 Wendron, the game was completely changed with Wendron leading 1-0 when GK Ben Manley was sent off and the resultant penalty was tucked away. We were seeming in control of the game up to that point. We went behind very early in the second half to long through ball down the middle this should have been dealt with but the ludgvan forward was stronger than our defenders and put a cool finish past stand in keeper James Moseley, we continued to play possession football even with the ten men and we continued to create some chances, but couldnt score. Later in the half ludgvan were reduced to ten, after their player was awarded a free kick but lashed out at Nathen Macintosh. Ludgvan missed some chances to increase the lead as we left space at the back, but eventually as one of our attacks broke down, another long ball finally undid us. Wendron players never gave up and battled well. Apart from one individual, we wish Ludgvan all the best for the rest if the season, and thank you for the food.

pendeen 2 illogan2. good evenly contested game, both keepers in superb form,and a draw a fair result. well reffed by paul butler.

Ill be honest i thought we edged it played alot more football than Pendeen, As for the ref SHOULD of given a penalty as it WAS inside the box but hey ho summed our day up we did'nt get the run of the green at times but thats football..

Falmouth Athletic 6 - 3 Falmouth Town

A great result for athletic. some of the best football we have played all season in the 1st half saw us go in 3-1 ahead with a 1st half hatrick by Brett Southeard although we should have been out of sight by then really.

2nd half Town got to grips with the pitch and deservedly drew level after dominating the first 20mins of the 2nd half with 2 quick goals from Westy - Town were only level for 30 seconds tops before Brett got his and Athletics 4th.

Although Town kept going i think that really hurt them as they had worked so hard to get back on level terms.

Athletic finished the game off through Steve Owens 1st goal for the club and a great run and finish from Quaid Saunders.

Sour note at the end when we lost skipper Alex Miller for a 2nd booking for kicking the ball away?? but another good 3 points for us and another place up the table achieved.

Well done boys keep up the great work.

Posted · Hidden by cornishteddyboy, February 24, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by cornishteddyboy, February 24, 2013 - No reason given
St day could have won by alot more if it wasnt for a very bruised andbattered goalkeeper

if hayle had a decent keeper, it could have been a lot less!

I am going to let the CCFA deal with the allegation Disco, from what I've heard the ludgvan player that said the alleged statement, should be ashamed, there is no place for that type of thing in society today, I am glad that the player in question is banned from the ludgvan clubhouse or else it may have been an uncomfortable situation for all of us.

Most say the goalie for hayle kept the score dwn some very good saves,it could of been double figures if not for him,gavin boons 2nd one of the goals of the season seen at st day.

LOOKING AT THE INDEPENDENT DAN KAZCMAREK WOZ IN THE HAYLE GOAL, NOT A VERY GUD KEEPER THINK HE WOZ PLAYING OUTFIELD 4 FOURLANES NOT SO LONG AGO

Papa as I have said, the allegations has been given to the ref, he will send it to the CCFA. They will deal with it. I must say that the ludgvan players in the bar after the game said that they in no way condoned what was allegedly said. Ludgvan are a good club and one sad individual does not reflect the clubs reputation.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bigbadbarry" data-cid="231515" data-time="1361739474"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="phatsy" data-cid="231508" data-time="1361737800"><p>Most say the goalie for hayle kept the score dwn some very good saves,it could of been double figures if not for him,gavin boons 2nd one of the goals of the season seen at st day.</p></blockquote>

LOOKING AT THE INDEPENDENT DAN KAZCMAREK WOZ IN THE HAYLE GOAL, NOT A VERY GUD KEEPER THINK HE WOZ PLAYING OUTFIELD 4 FOURLANES NOT SO LONG AGO</p></blockquote>

So because I played outfield for fourlanes last season that makes me a bad keeper? Are you trying to dis credit me or try and take something away from Boons 2nd goal? Were you actually at the game, if not keep your bullshit opinions to yourself and if you'd like to slag me off at least spell my name correctly! I may have had a rare good game!?