Cornwall Football Forum

Last chance to see Conference football.....

....so get along to Treyew Road on Tuesday evening, a 7.45 kick-off, for your last chance to see Conference standard football in Cornwall. Be there for the manager, coaches, players and supporters who have been magnificent throughout this entire shabby episode.

If only, when he knew his company was going to go bust, he hadn't decided to get work done at the ground billed to that company. The good will of the South West's business community wouldn't have been broken and things would have had a good chance to turn out better.

Control freaks don't work like that, though.

Apart from the supporters efforts things have gone quiet, could that be a good sign, I hope so but with the Administrators deadline being ten to 2 tomorrow afternoon it's make or break time. I have been positive all the way through, now the clocks ticking down I'm all of a quivver, it's bloody horrible.

My intention was to travel down to Truro tomorrow but following my trip to Chelmsford one of my legs has doubled in size and isn't improving with rest, I'll have to see what it's like in the morning.

I hope all the people who voted yes down at Truro Cricket Club a few years ago, feel very proud of their decision now!!!

On that night, you gave away our (the people of Truro) club!!!! A number of people, including myself said this would happen, we were all ridiculed & told we were bitter. There was going to be league football & everything was going to be rosy. The £150k debt to St Austell brewery seems chicken feed now? A very sad day, but none of this is down to any of the players, they have all been a credit to themselves, they're not to know where the funding came from, but anybody with any business sense, or even common sense should've seen the writing was on the wall from day one. Truro City RIP

I think we all knew it would go this way - but not quite so bad!

I can't make it tonight - holiday prior commitments, but lets hope everyone gets behind the club and perhaps also aspire that it isn't quite all over yet.

I'm sorry Dave,but you always appear to be one of K.Heaneys biggest fans. :SM_carton:

I attended the first meeting at the Farmers Club in Strangways Terrace,if my memory serves me right Mr.Heaney's representatives said there would be a trust fund put in place in case anything went wrong,where is it? Why have the Trustees not spoken publicly?

Lets look back on Mr.Heaney's tenure.

Came riding in on a white charger promising to save Truro City,(£150k in dept but with a ground worth mllions),mmm.

Threw out the committee, his way or no way.

Stopped all activities at club ie.pool,euchre,darts,ie alienated loyal supporters.

No more bonfire nights,but really good earner.

Stopped lorry drivers,(at the time £16k per anum without what they spent on food and drink).

Charged youth teams to join Truro City (to help pay for their kits).

Alienated the good people of Truro and Kernow.

Appeared to sack anybody that did'nt agree with him,(how many managers)?

And worst of all changed the club colours.

I only hope Truro City will survive.

I think we all knew it would go this way - but not quite so bad!

I can't make it tonight - holiday prior commitments, but lets hope everyone gets behind the club and perhaps also aspire that it isn't quite all over yet.

I'm sorry Dave,but you always appear to be one of K.Heaneys biggest fans. :SM_carton:

If one could go back far enough, I think you'll find I always agreed it would end in tears at some stage. Just a question of when!

Wasn't there over 2 and a half thousand for the Vase semi final 2nd leg back along? Where were they all tonight? They missed a match which was of a better standard than anything else you could hope to see in Cornwall, end-to-end stuff, 3 goals (1 brilliant) and a skill level way better than you see at Bodmin or other step 6 clubs. Could have been your last chance.

Took the chance to watch this game tonight as I hadn't seen Truro for about 5 years. Must say pretty impressive standard! No-one in Cornwall can come close to this level of pace and control. Little short fella Les Afful - quality stuff, control, pace with a lovely touch, a joy to watch that man. Probably the best player on show the Bath No 8? Yetton a real handful with a great eye for goal, first one a classic volley.

Truro just about deserved their win by virtue of creating a lot more chances, although Bath controlled quite a bit of the game they fell flat in the final third. Poor crowd for what was a very important fixture, but with the weather and all the hype surrounding Truro at present people are probably thinking sod it, had enough of them.

Did I enjoy it???? MMMM! Yes. Will I go again if there is a next time???? If my team is not playing - yes, if for nothing else to watch Les Afull wonderful litte player.

Lastly , the referee and lino's (stick that new terminology where the sun don't shine) very good. Particularly the referee - who you wouldn't know was on the pitch, very good bit of commonsense refereeing.

FOOTNOTE To the peabrain with your brains in your boots who threw the beerglass onto the pitch your a T-AT - go home and don't come out until you learn to behave.

That sort of crowd against a side who must have a decent following just shows the dream is over. Sad really that its ending this way. The way that club has been run is shocking to say the least.

But to alot of people.....its not even a surprize. I wonder what Mr Heaney is up to now? Working for the council maybe??

It's rather strange Richard. Boreham Wood are currently 3rd in Truro's league and their attendance was 242!

Go onto the web sites of other clubs in Conference South and you get the impression that their Club House facilities are used on a daily bases. Generating revenue to pay the bills at that level. Something Truro City (and Argyle) have not been able to do. Correct me if i wrong.

It's rather strange Richard. Boreham Wood are currently 3rd in Truro's league and their attendance was 242!

Go onto the web sites of other clubs in Conference South and you get the impression that their Club House facilities are used on a daily bases. Generating revenue to pay the bills at that level. Something Truro City (and Argyle) have not been able to do. Correct me if i wrong.

As a Argyle Trust member. To be fair to Argyle, the current chairman James Brent who I supported over Kevin H attempt to buy the club is now investing in on site facilities to generate income pre/post matches. This is part of the Phase 3 development which will see the old grandstand redeveloped next year. James Brent has also offered the Supporters trust a 20% stake in the club and a seat on the board of directors. Interesting Peter Risdale who was brought in as Chairman during administration has now been banned from holding any UK directorship for 7 years.I do beleive Truro City FC can survive but come back as a community based club with the involvement of the now established Truro City FC supporters trust.

Boreham Wood are well organised, they have a Facilities Manager, things go on most days there if not everyday, not so long ago Watford Reserves played there, now it is the home of Arsenal Ladies, behind each goal is an advertising board for the Carlyon Bay Hotel (don't tell St Austell), they only have one money stretching game, away to Truro City, the Facilities Manager told me that one game at Truro just about wipes out their profit for the season, Truro have that expenditure for 21 league games.

Players in the South East are usually a lot lower paid than those playing for clubs further afield, Truro have a problem attracting the players of similar abilities because of the travel, South East clubs have them almost queueing at the door hoping to get a game in the shop window.

Other clubs may have slightly lower attendances when the Champions League games are on but they make up for that with so many local derbies, Dartford were in our league last season, they had a coach for Truro, usually they have a double decker bus, team downstairs, supporters on top, what the supporters pay, pays for the bus or a large chunk towards it.

Unlike Truro few clubs are situated on top of a hill on the outskirts of town, surrounded by housing they have that seven day bar taking revenue and fundraising organisation, something that could return to Treyew Road. Without supporters volunteering no club can survive on gates alone.