Calington Town 3 Liskeard Athletic 4

Holsworthy 2 Biscovey 1

Kilkhampton 2 Edgcumbe 6

Millbrook 4 St Blazey 1

Nanpean Rovers 0 St Teath 6

Polperro 4 Camelford 0

Roche 5 St Stephen 2

Bere alston 1 4 saltash

deserved victory for saltash could not have been if the ref had done his job mr smith one of the best refs around i would say let himself down today a awful tackle went in [lucky not to break his leg] on dan follet he went with a yellow card when everone could see it was a red and he knows it

in reply to you jefferson hog.

i think i know who you are so please dont hide behind a made up name if your going to use my name then please use yours!!

you where maybe 70 yards away from play on the touch line. i was no more then 10 yards away.

it may of looked worse from where you were but belive me it was only worthy of a yellow. :SM_carton_y:

even your fans on the touch line at half time said it was no more then that. :SM_carton_y:

It may have looked and sounded worse than it was from the touchline, but I think it probably still warranted a straight red, Unintentional it may have been but it was rash and high and if my player's foot was planted he could have been looking at a broken leg this evening.

Never the less, Saltash deserved their victory on their 2nd half performance.

Game kicked off 40 minute late as Saltash turned up without their kit (pretty poor for an SWPL set up), but that doesn't excuse the fact that my back four turned up 45 MINUTES LATE for the 2nd half :(:wacko: .

I never comment on opinions on football matches and I'm not going to start now but as to us not having our kit........I got let down by one of my players who didn't turn up anfter saying he was on his way with it. I did say sorry to the Bere players and the CoachKT who understood at the time. We all make make mistakes but if you thought it was that poor then you should have said it to me instead of writing it on here. Anyway, thanks for waiting hopefully I will manage to get our kit back !!!! ;-)

in reply to coachkt and any others reading this.

In my view i made a honest call on the tackle with a yellow card.i have never bottle giving a red card out in games.

BUT i belive i refereed yesterdays games to the best of my abitily.like all games i gave 150%

but for jefferson hog to come on here and say i had a shocker (because i never sent off a player) well that is sad.

like to know from the 2 managers if i had a shocker..

remember the game is over 90 mins long.

Jeferson Hog i think you have sour grapes.........Kev has not come on here and moaned and howled about how good or bad Martin was nor has Andrew...........We had a ref today at Bodmin who also made mistakes for both sides and one that has left me without my cte back for several weeks but when i questioned him his answer was that he gave what he saw and i had a totally different view from his. That taking everything into consideration he actually thought about my comments and after the game in his dressing room explained why he gave what he gave and apologised and said he probably got in wrong, but it was the angle he was at....

Now i appreciate the adult and calm conversation we had and walked away from the refs room happy with what we just spoke about albeit i have now lost a player for a few weeks....move on and get over it, MOST refs are actually human

no sour grapes saltash fully deserved there win like i said mr smith is one of the best refs around if not the best when i say shocker ok a bit over the top but thought he had a poor game sorry martin i take back shocker but when a tackle goes in like that you have to give a red card to stamp these tackles out ive seen a few broken legs in the last few years at bere the guys all have famileys and cant afford to be off work for months thats all im getting at

Wasn't going to comment on the debate over the Bere Alston v's Saltash match but following some of the comments feel I should from my own view.

Regarding the comment from CoachKT over the kit issue...to be fair to when you have 1 of your players who agrees to pick the kit up on the Friday and bring it to the game, then subsequently not turn up and then following him answering his phone to say he was on his way at 13:40 to not turn up at all is NOT the fault of the management team or players or the club...just one individual who will no doubt be dealt with accordingly.

However Saltash managed to get a set of socks and shorts from a source in Gunnislake and wore their training tops which meant the game kicked off 40 minutes late with the Saltash team having no warm up what so ever!!!

Moving on to the game (the main thing) both teams played some good football first half and the scoreline of 1-1 at half time was probably fair with Saltash missing some good chances and Bere having 2 shots blocked on the line.

The main talking point of the first half was 'that tackle' and whether it should of been a red or yellow card, lets be clear it was a very poor tackle but in my opinion no way malicious just poorly timed. Martin Smith took his time when making his decision nothing rushed and gave a yellow card in doing so I personally would have understood if he had given a red card, however if he had given a red card then he would of also had to of given a red card to the Bere skipper who had ran in and pushed the Saltash player over with 2 hands in the chest / face area (he also gave a yellow).

In my opinion the referee used common sense and wanted to keep 11 players on the pitch for both teams in what was an entertaining game!!

In the 2nd half it was only one way traffic as CoachKT has already accepted if anything the scoreline should of been more than 4-1 to Saltash who missed some great changes.

Gents let's not let one incident ruin (to which we can all have our opinions on) what was an entertaining game of football and very well referred by Mr Smith who is without doubt one of the better officials within the league!!!

I think its very good of this ref to come on here and explain his decision, he is not obliged to - so well played to you Mr Ref. If more refs gave explanations perhaps more players and officials would be on the same wavelengths and have a greater understanding of the expectations of each other.

I think some players, every saturday, are to eager to blame the ref on losing the game for them rather than blaming their centre forward for missing a good chance, a midfielder for losing possession, or a defender who missed a tackle.

I know we are all guilty of blaming refs at some point, but lets face it; who would want to do their job?

Id love to hear a ref tell a player how s**t they are; thats what refs have to hear themselves every saturday.

Going a little bit off this particular topic, I watched a game some years ago at either SWPL or Western League standard at lux Park when after a decision was given against him the Liskeard defender said to the ref as he was being booked.

" I've seen better refs than you in the Duchy League "

Without even looking up from his notebook the ref answered " And I've seen better players "

Josh_Dron, I would love to explain my decisions on here but most players already have their own opinions and will not change it, also after any game I am willing to explain what and why I made certain decision providing the conversation stays sensible but what you generally find is that if a player asks a question he /she only want to put their point of view and are not really interested in what you think, so really the best option is to steer clear of any possible problem.

If more refs gave explanations perhaps more players and officials would be on the same wavelengths and have a greater understanding of the expectations of each other.

Josh has made a good point though! Where does this sort of suggestion fit in the FA's "Awareness of Social Media" views?

If more refs gave explanations perhaps more players and officials would be on the same wavelengths and have a greater understanding of the expectations of each other.

Josh has made a good point though! Where does this sort of suggestion fit in the FA's "Awareness of Social Media" views?

I think after a match if a player/manager/supporter talked to the ref then the ref would be more then happy to help (in most cases) they just dont want to and shouldnt have to put themselfs up on offer on a forum for everyone to view their opinions on them.

and shouldnt have to put themselfs up on offer on a forum for everyone to view their opinions on them.

.....but wouldn't it be great for the refs to be able to suggest where the players could improve too! As B Manning has already told us, after the game the players only want to have their own say and so trying something radically different might actually be worth a try.

to dave and anita

my style of refereeing is this..

i will always explain decisions to managers at half time and full time.they might agree with what i say..but i always talk to them and why not?

i am very appoachable :mellow:

as to players on the pitch. i work with both captains during the game and if need be when i am talikg to a player will call the captain over as well

also during the game i explain my decisions to players. anyone who knows me on here will tell you that as well. :thumbsup:

I would like to make one thing clear...from my comments earlier, that I was not having a go at Smithy in relation to his handling of our game yesterday, but stand by my decision that 'in my opinion' the Saltash lad should have seen red yesterday...from where I was standing.

As we were coming out for the 2nd half, I had a word with Smithy who explained his reasons for giving a yellow and I accepted that.

He was also right to give my captain a yellow for his reaction / actions and could have also quite easily have issued a red.

All in all Smithy had his usual decent game and was, as always, approachable....reffing the game with a smile on his face, taking a bit of banter and giving it back.

Also, as stated previously....no excuses for the result as Saltash completely outplayed us in the 2nd half, allied to some woeful defending on our part.

as a player if i ask the ref why he made his decision and he tells me i'll always accept it and get on with playing, even if i may not agree, you see MOTD and they see fouls from so many different angles and still, at times they aren't sure, i was watching on sat and dixon and shearer couldn't agree about a foul in the everton v blackburn game, the refs on a sat have one view and they can only ever give what they see

Ok I'm going to throw something in here! We had a cup game last season terrible ref. Missed lots even missed the ambulance turning up to take away one of our players, let alone the tackle (no joke, long story). We publicly supported the Respect Campaign last season. Two young lads received long term injuries from awful tackles one being a double fracture of the shin. We witnessed people being sent off for technical fouls and yet people who raised their hands and tackled off the ball stayed on the pitch. So we asked politely in writing that the FA feedback to us over the report we sent in about the ref during the cup game. We just wanted to open some dialogue so we could understand and help provide a way forward so that younger players and refs felt more confident about being part of football in this County. We have been offended by the handling of our request by the CCFA. The chronology went something like, ignored followed by fobbed off, then ignored again 8 months later no answer/dialogue. Respect is a two-way street. We are not actively supporting the Respect Campaign this year.

I would suggest that the Respect Campaign changed the focus of cautions and red cards to technical offences and dissent. It then ignored the dangerously physical side of play. I don't think enough refs give out red cards and yellows for dangerous play and I don't think the financial costs are high enough. I'm led to believe that in Australia a straight red is $100 about £65. If your sent off in this county for dangerous play and given a straight red then it should be £80. Lets see how many "choppers" and their clubs can afford to keep missing tackles. This would be more effective in Junior football where the situation is terrible, as people have to pay their own fines. We have had young lads on our touchline not wanting to go on after witnessing some tackles and who can blame them. I want to see lads playing great football not visiting them in hospital which I did twice last season.

Ok I'm going to throw something in here! We had a cup game last season terrible ref. Missed lots even missed the ambulance turning up to take away one of our players, let alone the tackle (no joke, long story). We publicly supported the Respect Campaign last season. Two young lads received long term injuries from awful tackles one being a double fracture of the shin. We witnessed people being sent off for technical fouls and yet people who raised their hands and tackled off the ball stayed on the pitch. So we asked politely in writing that the FA feedback to us over the report we sent in about the ref during the cup game. We just wanted to open some dialogue so we could understand and help provide a way forward so that younger players and refs felt more confident about being part of football in this County. We have been offended by the handling of our request by the CCFA. The chronology went something like, ignored followed by fobbed off, then ignored again 8 months later no answer/dialogue. Respect is a two-way street. We are not actively supporting the Respect Campaign this year.

I would suggest that the Respect Campaign changed the focus of cautions and red cards to technical offences and dissent. It then ignored the dangerously physical side of play. I don't think enough refs give out red cards and yellows for dangerous play and I don't think the financial costs are high enough. I'm led to believe that in Australia a straight red is $100 about £65. If your sent off in this county for dangerous play and given a straight red then it should be £80. Lets see how many "choppers" and their clubs can afford to keep missing tackles. This would be more effective in Junior football where the situation is terrible, as people have to pay their own fines. We have had young lads on our touchline not wanting to go on after witnessing some tackles and who can blame them. I want to see lads playing great football not visiting them in hospital which I did twice last season.

Ive never seen any ref break anyones leg. A stiffer fine wouldn't make any difference. What happens on the park is human reaction no player is thinking about the cost when he makes a fair or unfair challenge both of which can cause serious injury. If an individual breaks someones leg on purpose then there isn't much anyone can do ref or otherwise, so get your head down and get on with it bad things happen in every walk of life.

Club_capt - agree. I respect the fact that it is a difficult job but i think they need more help from the powers that be. Last season I saw players sent off for fouling as a 'last man' - not sure what the fine is now but i'd take a guess at £30 and 35 day ban as well? Is that really neccessary for such an offence? Has anybody really got hurt? On the other hand I feel dangerous tackles, violent conduct and foul and abusive language towards an official/opponent deserves harsher treatment.

Football is a game of opinions, with the referees being the most important one. I respected every ref i played with, and now respect every referee i watch, however i always struggled to respect the county fa when they were charging me nearly a tenner time and again for challenges that were neither dangerous or intentionally harmful and that are part of football.

B Manning is correct, at all Adult levels Red Card offences now carry a games ban, but only from the football which the ban was gained. So if you are sent off from a Saturday league you will be banned from all Saturday leagues (including mid-week) for the amount of games for that team.

Other misconduct will be a blanket ban from all football the same as today.

your information

Martin Day [55533]

Suspension: 35 days from 29/8/2011 to 2/10/2011 inclusive (All Football)

Club: Perranwell F.C. League: Jolly's Cornwall Combination League Case: 4929099S

Other Clubs: Hayle, Porthleven

Kind Regards

Dawn Aberdeen

Acting County Secretary

Did he get the red last season???? i may be wrong but as i understand it that any bans issued last season still stood as days. any new red cards are getting the game bans