Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES 27/O8/2011

your information

Martin Day [55533]

Suspension: 35 days from 29/8/2011 to 2/10/2011 inclusive (All Football)

Club: Perranwell F.C. League: Jolly's Cornwall Combination League Case: 4929099S

Other Clubs: Hayle, Porthleven

Kind Regards

Dawn Aberdeen

Acting County Secretary

Did he get the red last season???? i may be wrong but as i understand it that any bans issued last season still stood as days. any new red cards are getting the game bans

Yes he did ..

:SM_carton:

your information

Martin Day [55533]

Suspension: 35 days from 29/8/2011 to 2/10/2011 inclusive (All Football)

Club: Perranwell F.C. League: Jolly's Cornwall Combination League Case: 4929099S

Other Clubs: Hayle, Porthleven

Kind Regards

Dawn Aberdeen

Acting County Secretary

Did he get the red last season???? i may be wrong but as i understand it that any bans issued last season still stood as days. any new red cards are getting the game bans

Yes he did ..

:SM_carton:

ahhh that might be why his on days not games then :D

Thanks Anita, perhaps they do not want to hear the way it is, I cannot see how I can get on any ones wick when all I do is to answer questions as best I can. perhaps it`s not what they want to hear. Lord help us.

you dont have to thank me, it wasnt a friendly comment, i did try looking for the dislike button (im sure there used to be one) but i couldnt find it so had to comment :D

Talking of refs, ime sorry but i have to put the boot into the ref (ian spurling) who officiated the game between tavistock v launceston on saturday. he sent a launceston player off within 10 mins of the game for swearing whilst celebrating. (f.....g get in there) justifyed a red in his opinion. And 10 mins from full time he sent another launceston player off, as the player disputed a corner that should of been a penalty, the ref then sent the lad off, then unbelievably changed the corner into a penatly. I have witnessed several of his matches over many years and look on in amazement that this standard of officiating is allowed to go on, as this always costs 1 team points, bans, and money.

B manning before you start giving your opinion, to be honest ime not interested as its always biased to your own occupation.

lynx affect i gather from previous posts your martin smith, and from the games i have watched your way of dealing with players and managers is 1st class. if only others could take a leaf out of your book.

yes ime sure i shall get pelters about its easy to pick on refs, an what would we do without them etc etc, but as an onlooker who pays money to watch these devon an cornwall football games regulary, its so often spoilt by very poor quick wrong instinctive reactions by 1 or 2 refs.... ie mr spurling and mr manning in comparison to martin smith who takes his time, and then explains his decision during and after games in a approachable manner.

an opinion of a neautral football surpporter.

Talking of refs, ime sorry but i have to put the boot into the ref (ian spurling) who officiated the game between tavistock v launceston on saturday. he sent a launceston player off within 10 mins of the game for swearing whilst celebrating. (f.....g get in there) justifyed a red in his opinion. And 10 mins from full time he sent another launceston player off, as the player disputed a corner that should of been a penalty, the ref then sent the lad off, then unbelievably changed the corner into a penatly. I have witnessed several of his matches over many years and look on in amazement that this standard of officiating is allowed to go on, as this always costs 1 team points, bans, and money.

B manning before you start giving your opinion, to be honest ime not interested as its always biased to your own occupation.

lynx affect i gather from previous posts your martin smith, and from the games i have watched your way of dealing with players and managers is 1st class. if only others could take a leaf out of your book.

yes ime sure i shall get pelters about its easy to pick on refs, an what would we do without them etc etc, but as an onlooker who pays money to watch these devon an cornwall football games regulary, its so often spoilt by very poor quick wrong instinctive reactions by 1 or 2 refs.... ie mr spurling and mr manning in comparison to martin smith who takes his time, and then explains his decision during and after games in a approachable manner.

an opinion of a neautral football surpporter.

Just because Mr Smith explains his decisions does'nt make it anymore right or wrong just explains why he gave it.

as previously asked above by dutchy maclovin, b manning unless you stat your name i cant answer your question. but like goodsense/ian spurling and lynx effect/martin smith, it makes it a lot easier to no who we are talking to. but based on all your comments no wonder you keep your name a mystery because all your doing is getting on players, managers, club members, and me the viewers, NERVES. but to try and give you a wild guess if i have watched you ref, i would guess lots of games as i have been playing, managing, and now watching for 50 odd years and the rapor between player and offical has completely broken down from when i used to play.

as stated in previous post. mr spurling officiating is in my opinion always been 1sided for 90minutes, as well as all your posting every day.... and then you bang on about the colour of refs shirt to martin smith who plane and simply uses commen sense wether it be what colour bloody shirt he wears or by many of our reconning his decent rapor with clubs. hence take a leaf out of his book, ie his posting on the forum is always fair, his name which people are aware of, and his refereeing on match days........ :blink::ph34r::wacko: :SM_carton:

oh dear, to the shirt question if you care to look at the posts you will see all I did was answer a question and Martin Smith can wear whatever colour he likes it does not concern me what he does also i did not bang on as you put it I just stated the rule as per CCFA. Now back to your post you intimated that you had watched me officiate now you say you do not know who I am please make your mind up, Also why should I state my name lots of people on here do not so why single me out.

Bloody hell............ this is getting really silly now. B Manning does not have to give his name if he don't want to. Doesn't mean you can pass judgement on him. All he does is try to answer forum users questions about different things to do with the game and that makes him 'get on your nerves'. No ones made you comment, no one makes you read the posts. Your not forced into replying. So what if you watch a game and in your opinion the ref doesnt have a great game no need to come on here and name him. I'm sure if he wants your opinion he'd ask for it after the game. And as for saying a ref is one sided for 90 mins, thats a bit out of order........... wish i could find the dislike button :angry2:

garfield thank you once again for your input I really appriciate your opinions and lose a great amount of sleep over them , i don`t know what I have done to offend you but you seem to be on a witch hunt as this isn`t the first time you have been on this forum slagging me off , is this cos I`m the big bad witch . Well all I can say is oh dear what a shame never mind . Oh by the way if you want to come on this forum and rip me a new one make sure you are right in your comments as the first player was sent off in the 30th minute not the 10th ( for calling the opponent a F#####g B#####d) :SM_carton: and the second was in the 94th minute not 10 minutes to go for using a lot of abusive words towards me :SM_carton: ( which you seem to think player can do to match officials) and whether it was a corner or a penalty i don`t believe I am intitled to be spoken to like that. ( even if you do ) This strike me to think as you got this so wrong you were not at the game .

I notice that garfield you think Mr B manning should name him self on like my friend Lynx affect and myself have done, well may I ask who are you, please name your self so when I next get the Referee Launceston as that must be your club as you had a go the last time I did them, I can personnally come up to you prior to the game and get down on bended knee and ask for your forgiveness :drink: and save you all the bother of cvoming on here to have another go at me.. :thumbsup:

ime not associated to any club goodsense, valid point though i think last 2 games ive seen of yours involved launceston reserves, weather you have problems with them who knows. yes i was at the game and my timings of the sendings off cud well be wrong, but to me the decisions were ridicolous how can you send a player off for disputing a corner for a penalty. then send him off for swearing, then give the penalty anyway...... your mistake should of been corrected in a sensible way, put your hands up and say sorry guys my mistake, and book player after. the 1st red to sending him off for saying get in there you f.....g b.....d is silly, you obviously dont watch higher levels of football because they would finish with no players on the field. over excited celebrations surely dont deserve a straight red..... only an old mans opinion, not a personal 1.

anita and b manning always biased opinions and tad boring. sorry.

garfield, Surely it sounds to me that your opinions of myself and Anita are biased., We are allowed our own honest opinions you know and that is all you will ever get from us. You will not be able to find a single post where we have ever slagged off anyone on here that cannot be said for quite a few posters.

garfield you are entitled to your opinion and thats a fact. But even though you may think both red cards were ridiculous your words not mine, the law states the use of Offensive or insulting or abusive language and or gestures ,aimed or directed at a match official or any player or persons is a sending off offence. Lets take each one separately ...... player 1 i spoke to him previously about the way he was constantly talking to other players and me and the use off the langauge he was using . so when he shouted out f###ing b####rd towards a defender , i believe that I took the correct action to dismiss him . ( whether it was harsh or not is a fair shout ) and I spoke to the player after the game and we left it with a hearty hand shake and a smile .... player 2 once again I had awarded a penalty , whether my signal could of been better then I own up to that. It may of looked like I had given a corner so I put my hands up to that one too. but either way if I had given a corner no player has the right ( even if I had made the biggest gaff ever ) to turn on a match official and deliver a torrent of abuse as the player did to me, so as above i believe i took the correct action to dismiss the player. once again the player and i spoke after the match and I explained what I had done and the reason he was dismissed and we shook hands and left on reasonable terms . I spoke to the Launceston manager after the game and even though he wasn`t over happy with my decisions I hope that we to left on good terms too .

i feel that it is well out of order that I have to come on this forum and explain to you what and why I did what i did , but as you seem to enjoy having a go at me I felt that you should get the facts as they are . I sure that this will not in any way appease you and you are bound to come on again a have a go , but hay oh I don`t care and i feel that I have stooped to your level by having to explain myself on here.

To answer 1 of your question I have no problem with Launceston football club and I have known the assistant manager Chris P since he was knee high to a grasshoppers back leg and we have been ( and I hope are ) good friends for a long long time and will be , Chris I`m sure, will when I see him next,will ask what happen and I will tell him my version of events I`m sure even if he doesn`t agree we will still be mates and that i`m sure is a fact.as for the club it self again i have always been made to feel welcome at Launceston and Mr Endicott and I have a reasonable relationship he again will proberly tell that I`m to dam old and how wrong I got things but again I will always respect him as I believe he does me, and we will proberly laugh about what went on the next time we meet. That is how it should be right across the board in football , players and club officials may not agree with some decision made by me or other officials but I`m sure and i know I would never delibrately favour any club above another and I find it highly insulting that some people think I would .

just one more thing before i sign off garfield please please next time you are at any match that I`m at intrduce your self to me so I can put a face to my nemisis :thumbsup: . take care i`m sure you will reply soon :clapper: .

ime not associated to any club goodsense, valid point though i think last 2 games ive seen of yours involved launceston reserves, weather you have problems with them who knows. yes i was at the game and my timings of the sendings off cud well be wrong, but to me the decisions were ridicolous how can you send a player off for disputing a corner for a penalty. then send him off for swearing, then give the penalty anyway...... your mistake should of been corrected in a sensible way, put your hands up and say sorry guys my mistake, and book player after. the 1st red to sending him off for saying get in there you f.....g b.....d is silly, you obviously dont watch higher levels of football because they would finish with no players on the field. over excited celebrations surely dont deserve a straight red..... only an old mans opinion, not a personal 1.

anita and b manning always biased opinions and tad boring. sorry.

I watch premier league football and your right games wouldn't finish, these overpaid pansies should be sent off for foul and abusive language, laws of the game state this.If the game doesn't finish then tough, top refs need to be stronger then maybe it would filter down through to grass roots football. If you think that saying get in there you F......g B..............d is not a sending off offence then god help us. Bad language anywhere is disgusting on the football field it is often loud and unecessary and needs to be stopped.

to be fair goodsense your reply is a good 1. its all about opinions. i just think that you may be a bit hasty in making rash decisions on the games ive witnessed thats all, and saturdays 2 were a prime example..... but in your opinion they had to go, so we beg to differ. but ime only an old codger giving a opinion from the stands so take it as you wish.

garfield

you are allowed to have your own opinions on any game but why slag me off for doing what In my OPINION is correct .

maybe you should in future keep your opinions to yourself , instead of attacking my opinions . Any way if I really let other people opinions of me ,affect me I would of jumped off the tamer bridge years ago .The offer is still on the table next time you are at any of my games please introduce yourself to me so I know who you are and may be treat you to a drink .

#

enjoy the rest of the season. :thumbsup:

Final post for me on this. goodsense at no time have i slagged you off (your words), i have only criticised your performances when ive wittnessed them. not a personal snipe!!! you say keep my opinions to myself, is it not what this forum is all about!! i wonder how launceston will take your comments ref: (ive just made the biggest gaff ever) but you still send the lad off.

your posting above only reiterates to me that you made a mistake and instead of possibly saying: yep sorry lads my mistake, you still sent the boy walking.

we all make mistakes in life and sport, but at ecpl and cswl football, clubs and players take it seriously, and on a weekly bases goodsense you generally seem to send players off when other officals use a bit more commen sense and with that keep a decent rapor with everyone.

conclusion. 2 red cards. 1 for celebrating with industrial language, 1 that you admit making a mistake but still send him!!!

red cards for challenges, swearing directly at officals, diving etc etc etc no problems with that whatsoever,

but please, dont ruin these lads weekend with really over petty sendings off.

ime sure your a very decent guy goodsense and would love to share a drink, but suggest we keep conversation away from football as we obviously agree to disagree.

lets hope next time i see a performance from you i hope its a fair one and i will be the first one to hold my hands up and congratulate you.

all the best :c::clapper: :drink:

garfield once again you have criticised me and got it wrong you say and I quote ( i`ve just made the biggest gaff ever) end of quote , but if you go back to the posting that I wrote you will see I said QUOTE ( even if I had made the biggest gaff ever )end quote . So with this I`ve decided that I personnally don`t care what you think about my performance as you will turn it any way you like so as far as I`m concerned come on here as much as you like because you will never change the way I officate and I will only change if i`m told by the people who really matter and that ain`t you.

Having watched the whole game from the stand area on Saturday it seems we all see things differently, but would like to add a few comments as I think the ref is being judged a bit harsh here.

For a neutral you would have seen Ash score a great goal to put Launceston in front and then run past Greeners giving him a fair bit of abuse! I thought the ref had no choice but to deal with it. It was only after the game when it was explained to me that they are great mates,had been winding each other up all week and they were out on the beer in the evening together, that this put the whole situation in a different light. As a neutral you wouldn't know the situation and even if the ref did know they were great mates, should he have dealt with it differently? Surely a matter of opinion, but something the referee shouldn't be criticised for.

With the incident in injury time. First of all I had a great angle and the ball got wedged between the players ankle and hand and it looked like a dead cert penalty. The ref slowly raised his hand to point towards the corner but something didn't seem right and I said to Robbie Pethick who was stood next to me at the time "he is going to give a penalty" (he looked like he was weighing the situation up in his head.) However, because he had raised his hand to indicate the corner, the Launceston lad lost the plot with the ref. I can fully understand the lad being frustrated (it did look a dead cert penalty and they were losing 3-2 in injury time) but once he said what he did, the ref had little choice but to send him off, and after weighing up the situation the ref was absoluteley correct to give what was in my opinion a late, but correct decision.

Have sympathy for both lads that got sent off and sympathy for the ref as well.

Gutted to see young Jack Crago suffer a broken ankle (no malice or intent from the Launceston player in the tackle), but hope it won't put his first team debut back too far.

As i have known ian all my life i shall speak to him personally about this game as i was away and missed the match, so i cant really make comment.

but this week the red cards were downgraded: one was changed to a yellow and the other to a 2 match ban rather than a 3 match, obviously we are delighted with this decision.

but did those decisions cost us 2 points, sure ian and i will discuss this very soon.

peths

As i have known ian all my life i shall speak to him personally about this game as i was away and missed the match, so i cant really make comment.

but this week the red cards were downgraded: one was changed to a yellow and the other to a 2 match ban rather than a 3 match, obviously we are delighted with this decision.

but did those decisions cost us 2 points, sure ian and i will discuss this very soon.

peths

The second red was a red of the top order. You can't use language like that directed at a ref and get away with it! Did well to get that changed....

Can you be certain you would have definitely won with the extra player on the pitch? I don't believe there is any guarantee.