Cornwall Football Forum

question for Kevin Richards

hi Kev,

I see one of the threads has been deleted. Who's afraid of the Vital Volunteer ? Not the moderators, surely !

Simple, inoffensive questions !

1.If your pitch was not waterlogged on Saturday, why were St Just given that explanation for cancellation of game ?

2. If you were unable to raise a side because someone in Port firsts got married and six players attended a wedding, how does that square with having around 40 players signed on for your senior teams ?

3. Somebody from St Just is getting married later in the season. It may be Easter weekend, actually. Dunno why we bother, we're all related already, but anyway, somebody is. Will it be ok with the fine upstanding Vital Volunteers from Helston and Porthleven who run the league if we cancel our fixture then ?

all best,

Rod.

Nice one, Kev. There's obviously something to hide, so I can quite understand your clamming up. I think that those minor individuals called supporters rather than hofficers are entitled to accurate information about cancellations before booting across the county for nothing. The fact that they frequently don't get this, despite the best efforts of the people who run this site, reflects the quality of some league and some club officers, of course.

The questions, I think, were reasonable. Your refusal to answer them, as you shelter behind petty vituperation, speaks volumes. Cheers, Kev.

Obviously nothing will come of this, because it never does if one of the in-clubs is involved. Compliments to Mr Chairman Puppetmaster.

Beyond personalities, I think everybody reading the site is now aware of the truth. Thank you, Kev. :D

Guest pilgrim pete

If they called it off for a wedding and it has been agreed by the two teams and the league, what exactly is the problem. Obviosly Isaac has a major deficiency which makes him beleive he decides who is right an wrong. It is about tim isaac grew up and stopped interferring with things that don' concern him. Unlees you (Isaac) are on the commiteeof either team or the league shut up or just get on with your sad life where you have nothing else to do but question other decent hard working people. GROW UP!!!!!

It's probably a little unfair to suggest that Isaac has no right to be concerned. After all, one assumes, if he's no longer a Committee member, that he is instead a paying member of the public attending local football games.

And anyway, if we only touched on things we are concerned with, most of us wouldn't have any claim to write anything on here. How boring that would be! :)

More personal abuse. Decency and assiduity are not primary issues here, although I do advocate both. I do not claim a monopoly on rectitude, but I have an interest, as I hope we all do, in working to see it established.

Factually, Pilgrim Pete, the responsible hofficer at St Just was told the match was cancelled because Gala Parc was waterlogged. The Porthleven Reserves manager has since advised on this forum that the pitch was not waterlogged, but that he was short of players, a primary reason being a club wedding. Strangely, there are around 40 players potentially able to play Combo for Porthleven Reserves, so six being taken by a higher team should not have led to cancellation of the Combo match. By rule, Porthleven should have played the match, albeit with a weakened team. They haven't done this, because it was settled on Wednesday, by communication with League Chairman Vidal James, who also represents Porthleven AFC without concern about clashing loyalties; and League Fixture Officer John Roberts, that this would not be necessary. It is merely conjectural to wonder whether the said officers were also aware that the reason given to St Just would be "waterlogged pitch." If so, would their impeccable reputation for honest dealing become questionable ?

If this is an acceptable reason for cancelling the match, I'm just ensuring that the precedent is noted abnd appropriately followed in future. Unfortunately, the League Fixture Secretary took an altogether different approach when St Just, while I was still a club officer, wished to do something similar. I hope that you can appreciate my point that all clubs should be treated consistently.

Or are you responding merely to the messenger rather than the message ? If so, are you really in a position to level charges of immaturity at me ? :rolleyes:

Guest pilgrim pete

No just that i get annoyed with people just dripping all the time about things that are really none of there concern. The whole " they called the game off" is silly. It is done, with the approval of the league, so let it go about think of a topic worth talking about. No amount of dripping is going to change the fact the game was legally called off.

Not sure what you mean by "dripping" unless you are referring to the "waterlogging" ! :D

It seems you have an interest in preventing further debate. Where are you from, Pilgrim ? The blatant inconsistency of Mr James and Mr Roberts is the major issue here. Ironically, it is easier for me to highlight it now than it was when I was a club hofficer, as debate about corruption was stifled by the said people and their connections at meetings just as you would seek to stifle it here.

As the Ben Andros farce shows, there is plenty of cheating going on ! The censorship of those who seek to expose it is a characteristic of totalitarianism. Unfortunately some of the population are attracted to the simplistic certainties such an unthinking ban on free speech confers.

Porthleven told St Just the match was off because of waterlogging. It wasn't. Why wasn't the truth told ? I'm still waiting for an answer ! :c:

Guest Peppermint

It seems very unfair to denegrate Isaac for asking a perfectly good question and whether he is a Committee Member or not that is irrelevant.

He follows his club and no doubt pays his money and why on earth is he not entitled to ask a question - at least it was done in an articulate way.

If Newquay were involved I expect The Judge and Baldy etc would have every right to ask a question.

The behind closed doors attitude only makes it more mysterious and obviously will provoke more comments. If St Just and Porthleven had come to an agreement then fine - but why not say so!!!!

I'm with Isaac on this one. My only reservation is how does he know that the reason given to St Just was "waterlogged pitch"? As I remember this was called off on the Wednesday (can't believe Phil H would have allowed that for a SWPL game last week).

Kevin Richards implies there is another reason for the pp but seems unwilling to share it. I would draw the same conclusion as Isaac (something to hide). If league/club officers want "respect" for the refs from players and fans, perhaps they should show the supporters some respect and tell us the facts.

Just to clarify, I know none of the "protagonists" in this issue.

Peppermint, before i answer Mr Beer"s 3 questions, the reason talking to Rodney frustrates me is that he is not having a go at me or Porthleven FC for the fixture being cancelled, but is continually trying to stick the knife into 2 people on the management committee who he feels are responsible for him not being allowed to combo league meetings, however -

Q1 - That was not what our sec told the St Just sec !

Q2 - You are neither the Porthleven sec or the combo league sec, how do you know how many players have signed for the combo team ?

Q3 - Ask, you never know !

I dont understand where the problem is, we couldnt raise enough players to allow the game to go ahead, we informed the combo league on wed nite after training & our sec phoned the St Just sec on fri afternoon, simple ! Im sure we will recieve a fine for not fulfilling our fixture & if Rodney wants his team to be awarded the points for the game, i will suggest that to the league at thurs nites meeting.

Guest Peppermint

Fair comment Kevin - having attended many Combination League Meetings in the past when Rodney was Secretary at St Just then I know of the history. Indeed some of the meetings were pure theatre and sometimes very entertaining!!!

I dont understand where the problem is, we couldnt raise enough players to allow the game to go ahead, we informed the combo league on wed nite after training & our sec phoned the St Just sec on fri afternoon, simple ! Im sure we will recieve a fine for not fulfilling our fixture & if Rodney wants his team to be awarded the points for the game, i will suggest that to the league at thurs nites meeting.

I find it odd that the secretary didn't ring St Just until the Friday afternoon??

Another thread stated that another game was called off at Ludgvan as the visiting team had 2 players playing for the county but it was too short notice to re-arrange a fixture.

So the league knew on Wednesday night, surely this was enough time for the league to rearrange a match where Ludgvan hosted St Just?

I fear that Mr Beer, as annoying as he is, may have a point about the league secretary?

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Well done Isaac, you finally got the confession that your questioning rightly deserved. The match was called off due to a lack of available players and NOT a waterlogged pitch. However, if Mr Richards had thought about it, he would have called in a local 'ref' to state the pitch was waterlogged, such being downright underhand and immoral.

Yes Peppermint, I would have kicked up a fuss... I recall the games we couldn't call off due to legitimate reasons - 5 players in the County Youth (SWL) and a players wedding where 6 players attended (FA Vase).

If the Combo League have any balls at all, they should penalise Port financially and the players responsible made to pay up by the club AND give St Just the 3 points.

Judge, that wasnt a confession, it was what happened & it was what the St Just sec was told & it was what i told St Just manager Steve Curnow on the phone. The only person who didnt know & thought he should was Rodney. ! & it wasnt a case of " if he thought about it he could of called a ref in ", i thought about it but i also thought that would be dishonest to St Just FC, & Steve is too good a friend to lie to !

Oh, & all this was put on the post that was removed last nite !!!!!

Mr Richards, here is what you posted earlier in this thread - "I wish i had not said anything & just called in a M8 of mine, who is a refferee, to inspect the pitch on sat morning & say it was unfit !"

The real reason was 6 players unavailable, that has been admitted.

Isaac has got all he needs for Thursday Night, I hope that justice is served. Nothing against you personally or Porthleven AFC with whom I have a good relationship, it is the principal of the thing. I have no doubt you would have been just as bemused if St Just or Newquay had done the same.

Got to agree with rodders on this one,too much funny business going on.Can,t believe 2 clubs like port and penryn would call off games for shortage of players????

Could have understood if it was back when they were title challengers but not really a great deal riding on the result now.

Kev,even you and pete kelly could have laced up you boots,stuck vidal in goal and given some youngsters a game :SM_carton_y:

And as for the ben andros situation........come on ccfa and investigate please for cornish footie integrity

It seems to me that as soon as Rosendrip says any thing people except or are confuddled by his inane drivel , he obviously has a problem with the combination committee, or at least some of its members , he had the same with the Fal/Hel committee who refused to listen to his rantings and ravings and his hugely large over-inflated ego was deflated on many occasions as I remember.

Kevin Richards has the respect of countless people in the game and if his word to the manager of St Just is taken by him for the reasons to cancel the game then Mr Rosenburk should wind his neck in and stop stirring the brown and murky.

This excuse for a person who vilifies people and teams for his own alto-ego should try to use his command for the English language to enhance the way of life of species who are only out for their own gains. He has a wondrous ability to put his foot in his mouth on numerous occasions and also on a regular basis, a fine example to the people he seems to be trying to admonish.

If he is able to establish a club with these wondrous so called EXPERTS then I'm sure the judge would become one of the first members!!! He also has the uncanny ability to open mouth B4 engaging brain. An evening with you two at the helm would undoubtedly be a cause for merriment and then wrist- slashing. I digress !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When your fall-out occured with St Just Mr Rosen-fall (good that !! ) happened , I seem to re-call you were off-air for a while, do you think it's possible to return to that normality again or is that asking too much of a hyper- inflated egotist. I eagerly await your reply. Dont let us all down eh ??

If he is able to establish a club with these wondrous so called EXPERTS then I'm sure the judge would become one of the first members!!! He also has the uncanny ability to open mouth B4 engaging brain. An evening with you two at the helm would undoubtedly be a cause for merriment and then wrist- slashing.

Now that sounds like a plan ! If you are prepared to slash your wrists in public, then perhaps you could do local football a favour and get yourself sponsored for the event.

The fact that Isaac, myself and others are prepared to sound off at injustices in the local football world, clearly shows the passion and desire we have for the game and wanting to see that it is run correctly and more importantly, fairly.

I have yet to meet Mr Beer as it happens but feel that like myself, he is ridiculed for stating the bleedin obvious, when others are prepared to toe the 'corporate' line for fear of being hauled over the coals by their clubs, leagues or even the CCFA.

We are denied many things in this country but as yet, free speech has not been totally eroded. If you want to have a pop at me fair enough, but please back up your comments with facts and/or comments that I may have made which have not been proved to be correct.

Wasn't Jesus persecuted for saying what he believed, he also had many loyal followers, some silent, some not so.

Injustice of whatever nature, perceived or not, all need challenging or we just accept that what we are told is fact and get shafted, be it football, politics or life in general.

Being passionate etc etc about football is fine and more power to your elbow but it not what you say but the way you say it and then reply to the reply !!

Mr Rosenthingy may appear eloquent in his answers and his comments but he is hiding behind his words and his vindictiveness towards people, has the mark of a man clutching at straws trying to draw attention to himself to the detriment of the people he is slating .

You are right judge we are still in our rights to free speech, but it is the manner in which one says things that portrays the real insight into that person. You have at times said some very interesting things, but once challenged have tried to bludgen your way out of corners. Mr Rosenburger tries to use his extensive vocabulary to intimidate people and is without sensitivity or values as to the degree of hurt his comments can make.

He will no doubt having either, not read or maybe avoided answering these last two posts from myself find what he would call " the correct retort " at a later date. I believe his continued vilification of the Porthleven management and the senior members of the Combination Committee brings the game into disrepute, and he should be re-proached for his comments.

Oh and judge using the bible as a matter of course is neither clever or considerate !! Also slashing my wrists was a play on words and my contribution towards Cornish football wiil forever out- weigh yours of that i assure you sir .

Totally agree with Rodney on this one.There could be a dangerous precedent set if Clubs get together and postpone a fixture.Actually,Kevin made a pertinent point about getting a "friendly" referee in to deem a ptch unplayable :we all know this happens.

I note that the League Cup went ahead at Wadebridge to-night-no doubt they were delighted their reserve team didn't use the pitch last Saturday!!!-another patriotic referee doing his duty!!??!!

Perhaps people should wait to give the Combination League time to deal with the situation prior to making their own judgements. The League rules are quite clear on this type of situation and will be correctly applied after consideration of all the relevant facts; it is unlikely that any postings on here will form part of that process!

Although i agree the league committee should sort out this problem i fear a precedent was set many years ago by Mr. Roberts.I was involved with Falmouth Town,we wished to postpone a jccl fixture due to unavailability of players,Mr.Roberts reminded us how many players we had registered and told us we must play. Will Mr.James stand down at the meeting whilst this is being discussed? Finally,Rod if you dont like the decisions being made by the jccl committee why did you not get them voted off,you surely attended a few A.G.M`s.

I dont know anyone involved in this situation but all I can say is that Isaac's postings are pure class at times.

I cant admit to knowing what the hell he is going on about half the time but I still like to read and attempt to decipher it.

Thank heavens for this form of discussion, what would have happened had people not had the ability to discuss this issue?

Also, Could anybody be so kind as to supply a name/e-mail address/phone number for the league secs please? (ECPL and JCCL)

Cheers.

Well, folks, thank you for your comments, both positive and negative. Poor Kevin Richards is clearly a nice guy out of his political depth: I've no interest in retaliatory name-calling. Good try, DOF, good try. The Falmouth/Helston League comments have me completely stumped as I don't remember any conversations with them whatsoever and I've never been to a F/H meeting. The reason I have not answered sooner is that I popped up to Argyle last night to make a passionate appeal for Sturrock to keep his job: you may see it on Spotlight, you may not.

I knew that the excuse given for the cancellation of Port v St Just was a waterlogged pitch, because that was the message left for me by Steve Curnow at about 11.30 on Saturday morning. Steve appreciates that when you only have about three regular away supporters, they're worth keeping informed about such matters.

How do I know about numbers of players signed on ? Well, the majority of Combo League officers are decent people and, over time, they are no more enamoured of the performance of the usual suspects than I am. This info could be provided to the next meeting by John Roberts, if you want to hear it from the horse's mouth.

If the "league committee", chaired by Vidal James, long-time Secretary of Porthleven, agrees to cancel a match three days in advance, they should be prepared to explain the decision appropriately to the clubs at the meeting on Thursday night. Ask Mr Roberts what precisely he said.

This probably won't happen, however, because the JCCL will claim selective blindness on anything that does not come to their notice through an official letter from a club. If Kev Glenville, secretary of St Just, and his club committee want to follow it up, that's their decision. If they are frightened of reprisals, which will go on until the bullies are rooted out, they won't do anything.

I am now speculating, as I've held no discussion with anyopne else at St Just, but I don't think, despite Kevin Richards' generous offer to concede the three points, that anybody at any club normally prefers awarded points to a game of football. However, I think most players, supporters and hofficers would agree that league rules should be applied fairly and consistently.

What has happened in the Combo league, repeatedly, is inconsistent behaviour from two individuals. Here are three little anecdotes to exemplify it.

1. In a previous season, Shane Richards transferred from Illogan to St Just, with full support of both clubs, at a time when Porthleven were not members of the JCCL. Vidal James telephoned John Roberts to instruct him not to accept the registration, because Shane had signed SWPL forms with Porthleven as well, despite the fact that St Just had also made a legal seven-day approach to Porthleven as well as Illogan. Mtr James telephoned Steve Curnow and said he was preventing the transfer "although I've nothing against you, Steve, it's that c**t Rodney."

2. Since Mr James became League Chairman,the same club, Porthleven, has been given the cup final to host several years in succession. On a couple of occasions, the custom and practice of the club representatives being allowed to vote on the matter was bypassed and the management committee took the decision privately.

3. Vidal James and John Roberts met former Chairman of St Just and local hotelier Antony Holman at a scheduled meeting at Porthleven AFC to which I, as St Just secretary at the time, was not invited. No minutes were taken and no report of the meeting was ever given to the JCCL. The subject of the meeting was that those league officers wanted me removed as Secretary.

It is of course pure coincidence that at around the same time Vidal James put forward a proposal for an annual dinner of the JCCL, at which each club would be charged for 8 tickets whether representatives went along or not. The proposed venue was The Queen's Hotel, Penzance.

If those club representatives who attend meetings were intense in their pursuit of what is right as I am, Messrs Roberts and James would, if they refused to take the decent step of resignation, face a vote of no confidence. It is because of my ability to articulate such proposals and to support them with evidence that they have banned me from meetings, despite no date having been placed on the duration of my suspension, although they have received written requests to clarify this.

If there is any club representative with the balls(sorry, sexist !) to make them accountable in this case, they should go along to the meeting and demand an effective explanation. It's time to decide, collectively, whether you just want a quiet life or to stand up against these people. Are you for Morgan Tsangvirai or Robert Mugabe ?

:c:

hi Soil Sports,

JCCL....John Roberts 01326 573419 (Fixture and Registration Secretary)

Brian Harris, Secretary, I think it's 01736 740062. If not, Roberts can tell you !

Rod

I have no desire to comment on who said what to whom but Combo Rule 10(d) states "...No fixture to be cancelled until referred to the Chairman, Secretary and Fixtures Secretary."

It would appear that Porthleven followed this rule.

Apart from an unfit pitch, there are few acceptable reasons for calling a game off - players going to a wedding would not, in my opinion, be one of them - and three Officers are involved in deciding if the reasons given would justify cancellation.

Rule 10(g) further clarifies the situation "...In the event of a Club failing to keep its engagement, the Management Committee shall have the power to inflict a fine, award points to opponents or otherwise deal with them at their discretion. If the circumstances for the failure are deemed to be within the control of the Club, then that Club will have three points deducted and the opposing Club will be awarded three points. The fixture will not be re-scheduled."

Because this matter only came to light after the Agenda for tommorrow night's meeting was circulated, it might not be discussed until the April meeting!

There is indeed scope for discussing it at Thursday's meeting, under the final agenda item, which is always "Motions of which Notice has not been given".

Clearly I can't do anything about this, John, as I am banned from the meeting and my letter of several months ago, penned when I was still Secretary of St Just, received no reply. However, you, as guardian of all that is decent in football, could of course raise this matter as a motion.

It is also still possible, if two clubs sign a motion of no-confidence in Roberts or James, to deliver it by hand to the Secretary of the League at Hillview Cottage, Canonstown, Hayle tonight, so that he receives it in time for the meeting. Then the matter could be discussed under the previous agenda item, "Motions of Which Notice Has Been Given." If such a motion were successful, an EGM to elect their successors could be convened shortly afterwards.

By the way, John, you presumably know that Brian Harris was informed of the Porthleven intention to cancel, along with Messrs Roberts and James, because he has told you so ? If so, I wonder when this conversation took place and whether he was also aware that the reason St Just would be given was "waterlogging". Knowing Brian Harris to be a thoroughly decent man and an honest administrator, I would be amazed if this were the case.

So, folks, I am banned from the meeting, probably illegally, but this is your chance to do something about what you know in your hearts, whatever you may think of me or of St Just AFC, is uttely unacceptable.

Here's the rub ! Are you prepared to put personalities and the fear that John Roberts and Vidal may be looking for reprisals against your club if you challenge him aside in the interests of fairness and football, or do you just want a quick meeting and the early night so beloved of poor representatives?

On the bright side, if enough of you have the guts to stand together and get rid of them, they cannot touch you in future ! It's the old playground and political dilemma. Do you let the bullies get away with it as long as it's not you they are targeting at the moment, or do you co-operate to force change ?

:c: :unsure:

Why the witch hunt here? Kev and Port have been open and honest with the people that matter in this. Also this proves that Mr Beer is making stuff up as he goes along as, according to the facts, a waterlogged pitch has not been mentioned so where did all that crap come from? Finally maybe it's me but what is the relevance of the proposed JCCL dinner at the Queens Hotel?

If you read my postings more carefully, you will see that Kev has not been criticised. His confession has been full, absolute and unequivocal. There is no witch-hunt against Kev or Porthleven. My concern is that the Chairman of the League, Vidal James, who also happens to be secrertary of Port, along with his fixture and registration secretary from Helston, were prepared to agree postponement of Port's game when their attitude to other clubs in a similar position, Falmouth quite recently,as one earlier post on here points out, had been entirely different. If he has taken a corrupt decision, he should justify it to the clubs and if he cannot do so, he should resign. I appreciate that his behaviour is not the fault of Kev, nor of his players.

"Waterlogged" is the reason for cancellation given by Steve Curnow to me, which Kev's earlier postings explain the reasons for. The relevance of the dinners is grasped if you appreciate that the prospective dinner-provider might have attracted substantial business from the Combo League at a time when both he and it might have wished to see the back of yours truly. As I said, this COULD be purely coincidental. What do you think ? :D

I respectfully suggest that your brief concentration span and limited verbal comprehension are not my fault. Unfortunately, those in football, politics and life who use their intelligence to get away with corrupt behaviour often succeed by persuading the majority that the whole subject is too heavy, boring and tedious to be worth the bother. People with attitudes like yours, sadly, become their fodder. That is the case here. I suggest you go and bore yourself elsewhere: this is a serious matter.

Talk in ENGLISH man! I still don't understand the relevance and I don't want to know now anyway. BORED!!

:o Oh dear.

What a ridiculous comment. I think you'll find that Issac's post was written in perfectly clear English. In fact he has even used a vocabulary less complicated than he normally does.

Oh, and in case you didn't understand that, i'll dumb down a bit for you:

Wat a stoopid fing to say. Issac said words dat make sense. As well as dat, he did not use the long words dat he sumtimes does.

Guest Mawnans no 9

Jim Nice one we are trying to cut down on silly comments on here !

Note for you , maybe judging from your photo spend less time on here and more in the gym looks like you need it

Blimey everyone is getting a bit hot under the collar !!!!!!!!!!!

I remember a classic Roberts case a few years back when Mousehole were going for the title and had to play Perranporth, but couldn't play on a saturday (for a reason that escapes me) so he rang the Perranporth secretary on the wednesday night and told her that we had to play the coming friday night at 6.30, after she told him it would be difficult to raise a team at 2 days notice he said "Get a team there or we'll throw the book at you"

We managed to get a team there with the help of 6 second teamers and lost 0-1 to a Jowan penalty in the 7th minute of injury time...........

Chin up Kev.............

PS> Issac, did I see you in the Perranporth principality on monday morning........ maybe looking for Ronin ????

Jesus talk about people sticking there nose in where its not wanted. At the end of the day whatever the reason the game was called off for, its not nothing to do with anyone else except porthleven reserves manager, st just manager, both secretaries and the league officials.

Oh and Rodney if you have got a problem with `bent` league officials as you call them, why not take the matter up with them, saying it on here will get you nowhere.

I respectfully suggest that your brief concentration span and limited verbal comprehension are not my fault. Unfortunately, those in football, politics and life who use their intelligence to get away with corrupt behaviour often succeed by persuading the majority that the whole subject is too heavy, boring and tedious to be worth the bother. People with attitudes like yours, sadly, become their fodder. That is the case here. I suggest you go and bore yourself elsewhere: this is a serious matter.

oh my god, are you one of those people who thinks he is head and shoulders above the rest because he knows a few big words. this is a cornish soccer forum not a scrabble forum.

jim, who put 10p in you?? did anyone ask for your input? why even log on??

lets move on, get the game re-arranged, and enjoy the rest of the season.

im sure if st just win the match nothing will be said!!!!

Rodney, I didn't discuss the matter with any League Officials - the only information I have is what I've gathered from this site's postings. I would be horrified to think that anyone "agreed" to the game being called off - they may have accepted that there was little chance of it going ahead but that is very different to sanctioning the cancellation. I'm sure that Port are fully aware of the consequencies of being unable to raise a side; it's not a common occurance but circumstances sometimes leave Clubs without an alternative.

I can see nothing in any of the postings on this topic which would prove any impropriety on the part of League Officials; if it turns out that is not the case, I will be the first to condemn it.