Cornwall Football Forum

REMAINING RESULTS - Monday 6 May to Sunday 12 May 2024

Bank Holiday Monday

06/05/24

EAST

Honiton Town   2-6     Crediton United             

WEST

Holsworthy     0-1   Wadebridge Town          

WALTER C PARSON CUP FINAL (at Bovey Tracey)

Elburton Villa   1-3   Okehampton Argyle

Tuesday 07/05/24

CHAMPIONS BOWL (at Launceston)

Ivybridge Town         2-2       AFC St Austell 

(Ivybridge win 5-4 on pens)

Wednesday 08/05/24

WEST  

Dobwalls       2-0             Newquay

Wadebridge Town         1-0              Callington Town

Thursday 09/05/24

EAST   

Crediton United             0-3            Sidmouth Town

Sunday 12/5/24

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP FINAL (at Wendron)

AFC St Austell               2-3            Falmouth Town

(aet, 1-1 at 90 minutes)

With the final few games of the season coming up, this was an interesting read. Fair to say I got a few wrong.

Biggest one wrong has been Dobwalls, a solid season there. Had Bude a little higher but as referenced the discipline (13 red cards...) Bottom 4 right but in a chopped order. 

Dobwalls 2  Newquay 0

This was an entertaining encounter with both sides playing attractive attacking football. 

In the fourteenth minute the hosts left back Alfie Wotton cut in on to his right foot and hit a powerful shot from outside of the box which found the top corner.

Play moved from one end to the other but neither side could break down the others resolute defence.

Shortly after the break Oscar Larrieu was red carded for the hosts such when he stepped back on to a player, it looked harsh as a previous two footed challenge by the visitors central defender only merited a yellow.I

Newquay pressed forward no doubt thinking that there superior numbers would allow them to get back into the game.

However the young Lantoom park outfit dug in and chased everything down and defended brilliantly.

With the clock running down I think it was Callum Bleasedale who ran at the Newquay defence and evaded a number of challenges before firing it past the advancing keeper.

Despite there best efforts Newquay could not get back into the game and the depleted Dobwalls deserved the three points.

Well done to both teams for a thoroughly entertaining match which was well worth the £6.00 entry fee.

Is there any reason the Senior Cup Final is kicking off at 4pm on Sunday is there another match before the final ,would of been better if it kicked off at 3pm it has given out heavy showers later on Sunday and dont fancy getting soaked .

Never been to Wendrons ground before looking forward to going there 1st time on the new road layout so not looking forward to that but should be good going on the Falmouth Road still not really confident driver since i had a head on crash on the A30 severel years ago .

Hoping St Austell win because know most of there players but think Falmouth will win especially if there prolific strikers Massey and Wilson play but they maybe cup tied or is that lifted for the final 

Have a good weekend people looking forward to seeing the F Troop they are brilliant hope they get there Pikachoo outfit and Dinosaurs costumes on 

Just seen its Hayle vs Mousehole Development with a 12pm kick off but the weather forcast ,is heavy down pours and Thunderstorms, surely it would be best changing the kick off times around Dont want to see Neil lifting the cup up for St Austell in the pouring rain , be nice to see but its got to be James Ward lifting the cup up realistically

No  dont do evening matches cant see nothing with the floodlights 

Well done to Dobwalls for doing the double over Newquay in a matter of weeks and also for Wadebridge claiming 3rd Spot Newquay will need to sign a striker before the season starts again or they wont have a chance of going up going to be lots of players moving on 

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Is there any reason the Senior Cup Final is kicking off at 4pm on Sunday is there another match before the final ,would of been better if it kicked off at 3pm it has given out heavy showers later on Sunday and dont fancy getting soaked .

Never been to Wendrons ground before looking forward to going there 1st time on the new road layout so not looking forward to that but should be good going on the Falmouth Road still not really confident driver since i had a head on crash on the A30 severel years ago .

Hoping St Austell win because know most of there players but think Falmouth will win especially if there prolific strikers Massey and Wilson play but they maybe cup tied or is that lifted for the final 

Have a good weekend people looking forward to seeing the F Troop they are brilliant hope they get there Pikachoo outfit and Dinosaurs costumes on 

Just seen its Hayle vs Mousehole Development with a 12pm kick off but the weather forcast ,is heavy down pours and Thunderstorms, surely it would be best changing the kick off times around Dont want to see Neil lifting the cup up for St Austell in the pouring rain , be nice to see but its got to be James Ward lifting the cup up realistically

I'd check your travel route as there is a planned shut down of the a30 Steve so make sure your sat nav is working.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to REMAINING RESULTS - Monday 6 May to Sunday 12 May 2024
47 minutes ago, mattelot said:

It wasn't  over until the Fat lady sang !

At times it seemed someone had gagged her Nige !

I now know how the Man Utd fans felt in the Nou Camp in 1999 !

Falmouth came back twice and at 1-2 down in extra-time even had ex-player Liam Eddy one on one with Coxhead to kill the game but an outstretched leg saved the day.Then the 2 late goals to secure the win after Ward had been pushed up front and Town had piled on the pressure to ensure St Austell eventually seccumbed.

So that's three Senior Cup wins in the last four seasons of the competition,joint second overall with St Austell with 14 victories and equalling Truro as the only Southern league team to win the trophy.

What a way to (hopefully) win the last Senior Cup Final for Falmouth.Still out of breath thinking about the game now !!

' Up The Town '

Ok here we go again after i pressed the delete button and deleted what i had previously wrote , Got to the ground  after getting lost and going through Helston 3 times well got to the ground just before half time in the Hayle vs Mousehole development side who won 4-0 in the Intermediate Cup Final  thought Mousehole would of won easily but they where poor and Hayle dominated the match .

1 st time i had been to Wendron Ground couple of complaints no seating ,couldnt find toilet for a pee went in the bushes and got stung my own fault but my worst complaint you had to wait 2 hours after the 1st match ended for the next to start so sat in the car played Eye Spy with Smokie and he won 

Senior Cup Final starts 

Got off to a tremendous pace and the 2 best players in my opinion where playing brilliant ,St Austell went 1-0 up through a worldy from Henry Wilson a rocket of a shot that left Morgan cluching Thin air in the Falmouth goal, but Falmouth equalised through Cam Hutchison after Andrew Collins had made a brilliant save but the ball went to the Falmouth player and it was 1-1 

The 2nd half took a long time to get going both sets of players looked jaded 

Adam Carter put St Austell 2-1 up with a shot from distance which hit the post and went in off the other post In extra time  im thinking im thinking can they hang on then Liam Eddy had a chance to make it 3-1 when hes 1 on 1 with Morgan in the Falmouth goal but Liam hit the ball tamely at the goalie he also had another chance to make it 3 but Falmouth had chances as well hitting the post with 1 blockbuster .

I sensed when Adam Carter went off injured there goal scoring threat also went, with the time ticking down i think there was 3 mins left and it was time for Falmouth to have 1 last effort and seeing what a great side they are they went and scored 2 goals to clinch the match but Ollie Brokenshire had 1 last chance to get a equaliser but his legs just wouldnt give him energy to get that ball over the line. Dont know who scored the last 2 goals for Falmouth but think 1 was Luke Balmer who never has a bad game .Hard luck on St Austell but what a contest they gave the talented Falmouth side glad it didnt go to pens couldnt stick that cold much more and Smokie was shaking with the cold .

Got talking to some of the F Troop who said they will miss playing in the Senior cup next year we will miss you as well such a fine team and the Falmouth bad where brilliant as well and singing the Cornish anthem was lovely

Ok nearly finished both refs from both matches where excellent Nigel Darcy in the 1st and the young man Rowen Clarke in the 2nd and my mom in Players for Falmouth Luke Balmer and for St Austell Ollie Brokenshire didnt deserve to be on the losing  side couldnt of given anymore a real leader 

Ok Falmouth hope you get some good pre season friendlies and play your annual friendly at Wadebridge and then i can see your 2 cup tied strikers Reuben Wilson and Oscar Massey 

Well done to Wendron for organising the match , the Falmouth Band and F troop and Pikachoo for not standing on Smokie and all the other good people who didnt disturb him sleeping in the stand .

Now the wait begins for PRE SEASON matches Plymouth Argyle im hoping for and Man Utd Legends anyone really but no pub teams 

Sounded like quite the season finale down at Wendron yesterday. Would playing it at this time every season (after all the respective league issues have been settled) restore the Senior Cup Final's status as the biggest occasion in Cornish football? Getting it well away from the usually congested month of April may also provide a way back in for the Southern, and even National, League clubs.

21 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Sounded like quite the season finale down at Wendron yesterday. Would playing it at this time every season (after all the respective league issues have been settled) restore the Senior Cup Final's status as the biggest occasion in Cornish football? Getting it well away from the usually congested month of April may also provide a way back in for the Southern, and even National, League clubs.

There was a vote a couple of seasons ago. Personally we voted to move it to the end of season (like this year), as the Western League see Easter Monday as a slot in date for any P-P, so it means if we're not in the final we'll probably get a game and can't go as a neutral. 

But tradition won so Easter Monday remains.

2 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

There was a vote a couple of seasons ago. Personally we voted to move it to the end of season (like this year), as the Western League see Easter Monday as a slot in date for any P-P, so it means if we're not in the final we'll probably get a game and can't go as a neutral. 

But tradition won so Easter Monday remains.

Seems to me that the CCFA needs to revisit this, the landscape of Cornish football has shifted considerably over the last few seasons (and continues to do so). Would be a good question to put to the new chief executive in any future interview with the CS Podcast.

7 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Seems to me that the CCFA needs to revisit this, the landscape of Cornish football has shifted considerably over the last few seasons (and continues to do so). Would be a good question to put to the new chief executive in any future interview with the CS Podcast.

Having already seen the willingness to change this season prior to the new CEO being in place I imagine the appetite for change is already there.

2 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Having already seen the willingness to change this season prior to the new CEO being in place I imagine the appetite for change is already there.

Nothing wrong with change unless it's change for changes sake.  Sometimes circumstances drive things in a different direction, sometimes it simply the right thing to do as situations evolve.  As I've mentioned in previous posts, everything is always under review and there are always lessons to be learned.  We'll see what comes out of this seasons experience in the fulness of time.