Barnstaple Town    4-0    Nailsea & Tickenham
Bridgwater United    1-1    Saltash United
Clevedon Town    3-0    Ilfracombe Town
Millbrook    Aban    Brixham 
Oldland Abbotonians     1-1    Falmouth Town
Torpoint Athletic    0-2    Shepton Mallet
Wellington    1-0    Helston Athletic
Welton Rovers    2-3    Buckland Athletic

Was at the game, which Brixham totally dominated. Millbrook went down to 6 players with injuries and a sending off.

All very embarrassing for Millbrook and with Torpoint coming up Monday night, how many will say there fit then.Just hope the result stands 

and Brixham don't. have to replay the game.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday April 13, 2024
  • Dave Deacon unpinned this topic
14 hours ago, bigblueplymouth said:

Huge credit to the Ashes players, management and supporters who have remained united this season.

0.47 points per game pre Christmas
1.41 points per game post Christmas

Onwards and upwards.

Fiesty from Bridgwater but they have an injured keeper and a red card to deal with , so that could impact on the run in. 

As for Ben Goulty- what a goal in 96th minute. No more than Ashes deserved. 👍

On 13/04/2024 at 20:43, Brook Robin said:

Was at the game, which Brixham totally dominated. Millbrook went down to 6 players with injuries and a sending off.

All very embarrassing for Millbrook and with Torpoint coming up Monday night, how many will say there fit then.Just hope the result stands 

and Brixham don't. have to replay the game.

Completely agree, an embarressment for the League. I heard that there was less than 10 minutes remaining in the game? Could the players not stand there to complete the game or were they that injured? I hope this is untrue but I heard the manager was encoraging them to come off at the end. Arguing my own point though, they have so many fixtures to complete so maybe he needed to make sure players would be fit for this week.

On 13/04/2024 at 21:53, Paul said:

Well done to Millbrook for not giving up. No one expected them to be here in April still playing. Could have been easy to give up. But they will see the season out and despite it being a huge struggle, they've won two games and completed every fixture. 👏 

Yes, the Club could've folded earlier in the season and credit to them for conituning and even picking up 2 wins but they are in the League from previous merit. Can we stop feeling sorry for sides? Welton have had a huge turnover, as have Oldland, Saltash and Wellington. Most sides rebuild year on year but we don't constantly feel bad for them. Millbrook have their budget and clearly have struggled to attract players.

Minor point Paul, they haven't completed every fixture with the weekend in mind. Here's hoping they can give Torpoint a proper DERBY game!

12 hours ago, Triggs60 said:

Completely agree, an embarressment for the League. I heard that there was less than 10 minutes remaining in the game? Could the players not stand there to complete the game or were they that injured? I hope this is untrue but I heard the manager was encoraging them to come off at the end. Arguing my own point though, they have so many fixtures to complete so maybe he needed to make sure players would be fit for this week.

Yes, the Club could've folded earlier in the season and credit to them for conituning and even picking up 2 wins but they are in the League from previous merit. Can we stop feeling sorry for sides? Welton have had a huge turnover, as have Oldland, Saltash and Wellington. Most sides rebuild year on year but we don't constantly feel bad for them. Millbrook have their budget and clearly have struggled to attract players.

Minor point Paul, they haven't completed every fixture with the weekend in mind. Here's hoping they can give Torpoint a proper DERBY game!

Millbrook 0 Torpoint 0