Cornwall Football Forum

PIRAN FILMS' VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS OF LEAGUE CUP SEMI FINAL: BARNSTAPLE TOWN V HELSTON ATHLETIC

56 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Great video, but would of been nice to see the final whistle celebrations of the winning team in a big semi final. Maybe the Piran film camera ran out of battery lol ;) .

Have to say I'm not a fan of the fade out endings! 

Haha Jeff, no troubles with my big Swit battery. It can do two or more games on a big charge.

The reason for finishing on a goal and not a summary of the game and shaking hands, celebrations etc. is because my video analytics demonstrate that there was a big tail off every time I used to do that. A high retention of viewers is what the YouTube algorithm likes (60% is good) and leads to my videos being placed in front of potentially new viewers. I also like to keep my videos under 10 minutes in length. One of the reasons I am hired is to raise the profile of Helston Athletic.

This graph is of the County Cup semi final last year: Helston v Saltash, using a traditional ending.IMG_3552.thumb.png.79a2c7569fdc1a88ecf21987ec4d0895.png

I never watch MoTD highlights. Do they include the final whistle? 

5 minutes ago, Piran said:

Haha Jeff, no troubles with my big Swit battery. It can do two or more games on a big charge.

The reason for finishing on a goal and not a summary of the game and shaking hands, celebrations etc. is because my video analytics demonstrate that there was a big tail off every time I used to do that. A high retention of viewers is what the YouTube algorithm likes (60% is good) and leads to my videos being placed in front of potentially new viewers. I also like to keep my videos under 10 minutes in length. One of the reasons I am hired is to raise the profile of Helston Athletic.

This graph is of the County Cup semi final last year: Helston v Saltash, using a traditional ending.IMG_3552.thumb.png.79a2c7569fdc1a88ecf21987ec4d0895.png

I never watch MoTD highlights. Do they include the final whistle? 

Oh right... well for this particular game my guess is your  pink graph line would have soared through the roof at the final whistle. You missed a trick there sir. 

2 minutes ago, Piran said:

I know. Steve Massey says the same so you are in good company. He also likes the final whistle as a book end.

I appreciate that it’s hard to get right. I watch lots of golf videos and the you tube algorithm tells different stories to what we may want or see. 

1 minute ago, St Darren said:

I appreciate that it’s hard to get right. I watch lots of golf videos and the you tube algorithm tells different stories to what we may want or see. 

The key recommendation from YouTube is to think of your audience and not the algorithm. This month 60% of my viewers were new to my channel, which is a healthy percentage. My views are going up. If Helston win promotion it will be another injection of interest from the clubs in the Southern League.

Always enjoy watching Helston highlights, far better than Veo clips where on most occasions you can hardly pick out the ball. I feel they are so unprofessional 

i have no allegiance to either club as whenever the wife and I visit we stopover in Porthleven, but have I overlooked the match highlights of Falmouth’s defeat in the FA Vase ?  

23 minutes ago, Leroy said:

Always enjoy watching Helston highlights, far better than Veo clips where on most occasions you can hardly pick out the ball. I feel they are so unprofessional 

i have no allegiance to either club as whenever the wife and I visit we stopover in Porthleven, but have I overlooked the match highlights of Falmouth’s defeat in the FA Vase ?  

Go on YouTube and the Great Wakering game is there for all to see Leroy. We played poor so not many highlights apart from the Wakering players enjoying their well deserved victory on the final whistle.  Piran films cameraman quoted earlier his job is "To raise the profile of Helston Athletic".... considering they are winning the Western League and favourites to win the title but only average home attendances of just over 100, maybe its not quite going to plan. :(  

15 hours ago, Piran said:

I know. Steve Massey says the same so you are in good company. He also likes the final whistle as a book end.

Blimey- agreeing with Mass twice here. 
You’ll  not say it, but I bet the Barum v Helston game is one of the most popular videos 😉 I don’t think Steve on comms works - too biased and close to the Helston club.

That said, the coverage is excellent overall as and beats any other offering in the Duchy!

12 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

considering they are winning the Western League and favourites to win the title but only average home attendances of just over 100, maybe its not quite going to plan. :(  

Profile goes beyond local attendance. Revenue streams can be generated from YouTube. And certainly attracting more comments on the thread so maybe he is doing the job after all...

5 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

😉I don’t think Steve on comms works - too biased and close to the Helston club.

If you see any of the YouTube teams that produce this kind of content they are the same. It's "we" this and "them" that. 

Is there not a focus or marketing strategy to get more people through the Helston Gates ?   No chance of properly sustaining southern prem football on just 100 odd fans.  
it Maybe even worse when Truro return home and take a chunk of the watching public. 
Steve  Massey wants to progress the club I would  imagine getting a few hundred more through the door must be priority 

3 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Credit to Helston and Piran Films.  The best local content available on Youtube and actually think Steve does a good job on the mic and controls his bias very well. He is often critical of his own players.

Agree with St Darren though about the music. Should stop when the game highlights start.

I wouldn't say Steve is overly bias, you'd expect a little though and if you watch with that expectation then it's fine. You're right about being critical of Helston players though... "Kai hasn't kept the ball all second half", you'd be a bit gutted hearing that publicly from someone within the Club.

You need to be part of the YouTube Partner Program with over 1000 subscribers and X amount of public views. Think Piran Films hits this threshold now. I'd imagine if they're part of the program that £10 could be generated per video.

May not seem much but if it continues to grow, with money made and home and on the road it would be beneficial for both businesses.