Cornwall Football Forum

FIXTURES - GOOD FRIDAY (29TH) AND EASTER SATURDAY (30TH)

IT WOULD BE ADVISABLE TO CHECK WITH THE HOME CLUBS THE ACTUAL KICK-OFF TIME FOR THE GAMES LISTED BELOW.  I AM AWARE OF JUST ONE KICKING OFF AT 2.00PM.

GOOD FRIDAY

Division 1 West

Porthleven v Helston Athletic Development 2

Troon v Praze

EASTER SATURDAY

Premier Division East

Altarnun v Gunnislake - OFF

Callington Town v Saltash Borough

Launceston v Millbrook

Polperro v St. Mawgan

Saltash United v Sticker

Torpoint Athletic v AFC St. Austell - Kick-off 2.00pm - OFF

Premier Division West

Falmouth Town v Penryn Athletic - OFF

Helston Athletic Development 1 v Porthleven - OFF

Mullion v Redruth United

Perranwell v St. Day

St. Agnes v Pendeen Rovers - OFF

St. Just v Illogan RBL

Wendron United v Hayle - Match now being played at Hayle

Division 1 East

Boscastle v Nanpean Rovers - OFF

Foxhole Stars v St. Newlyn East

Kilkhampton v St. Columb Major - OFF

Looe Town v Torpoint Athletic - OFF

St. Minver v St. Blazey

Wadebridge Town v Roche

Division 1 West

Camborne School of Mines v Hayle

Mawnan v St. Agnes

St. Day v West Cornwall

Perranwell 0-1 St Day 

Well arrived at a sunlit pitch at Tregye & won’t write much as the first person I see is me old mate Rappo who will no doubt do a write up on this not sure what kind of a write up as it wasn’t the greatest of games .

St Days winner coming in I believe the 98th minute .

Keeper certainly kept Perran in the game in the first half just a shame he took so long to get the game going again the tactics nearly worked although had he not wasted time there wouldn’t of been 8 added at the end .

Main reason for the post aside of the result I thought the Ref was very good Andrew Barnett I believe I could be wrong anyway well done to him a shame at the end he was called a f—-ing cheat  by Fisher .

St Just 2 Illogan 0

Two goals in the final twenty minutes saw St Just come out on top in an attritional battle at Lafrowda.

Josh Attwood got the first, capping a superb performance in central midfield by following up a saved shot. Then an excellent through ball pierced the Illogan back line and Ashley Ellis slammed home an angled drive to seal an impressive win for the Tinners.

Decent crowd, unsurprisingly with so many games rained off - plenty of faces from other local clubs

1 hour ago, Marksy Senior said:

Perranwell 0-1 St Day 

Well arrived at a sunlit pitch at Tregye & won’t write much as the first person I see is me old mate Rappo who will no doubt do a write up on this not sure what kind of a write up as it wasn’t the greatest of games .

St Days winner coming in I believe the 98th minute .

Keeper certainly kept Perran in the game in the first half just a shame he took so long to get the game going again the tactics nearly worked although had he not wasted time there wouldn’t of been 8 added at the end .

Main reason for the post aside of the result I thought the Ref was very good Andrew Barnett I believe I could be wrong anyway well done to him a shame at the end he was called a f—-ing cheat  by Fisher .

Not quite sure why you need to come on here and make things up. Didn’t hear any bad language from either bench throughout the game. I heard the comment, “ I feel cheated” at the final whistle which I guess is a fairly standard remark when the opposition scores in the 98th minute.
In fact, the only foul language I did here was from yourself. It was boring and slightly weird to be honest, especially when directing it at one of the youngest players in our squad. Your reputation certainly precedes you. 
It was nice to see two of the St Day stalwarts come back to our clubhouse after the game. Thought a few more might have come in celebrate the 3 points. 
Good luck to St Day for the rest of the season. 

13 minutes ago, Reesy said:

Not quite sure why you need to come on here and make things up. Didn’t hear any bad language from either bench throughout the game. I heard the comment, “ I feel cheated” at the final whistle which I guess is a fairly standard remark when the opposition scores in the 98th minute.
In fact, the only foul language I did here was from yourself. It was boring and slightly weird to be honest, especially when directing it at one of the youngest players in our squad. Your reputation certainly precedes you. 
It was nice to see two of the St Day stalwarts come back to our clubhouse after the game. Thought a few more might have come in celebrate the 3 points. 

Oh I never heard it the Referee told me I only ever speak the truth sometimes it’s a little hard for some to take . 
Glad I entertained you 😊👍

UP THE SAINTS! 🟡

A few sour grapes on here tonight I’d imagine 👀 A game today that should have been wrapped up in the first half but there we are. The ref had a fantastic game as did both linesmen, it’s a shame the older chaps next to the dugout were slating their own lino. Sad times. 

42 minutes ago, Reesy said:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a manager come out with “I feel cheated”. However, we do have to praise Perranwells goalkeeper due to his fantastic time wasting allowing our lads to get the well deserved goal. 🏆 

I’m not sure you can call the ref ‘very good’ if he didn’t send off a player/manager, whoever it was, for calling him ‘f —g cheat’ (which he apparently heard) after the game. It doesn’t add up. Anyway, it’ll be great to have another west/mid Cornwall team in the SWPL. Plus I think they’ll be well supported 👍

4 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

I’m not sure you can call the ref ‘very good’ if he didn’t send off a player/manager, whoever it was, for calling him ‘f —g cheat’ (which he apparently heard) after the game. It doesn’t add up. Anyway, it’ll be great to have another west/mid Cornwall team in the SWPL. Plus I think they’ll be well supported 👍

As I said he told me I did not witness whether he did or did not do anything about it . 

1 hour ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

And a decent pitch/set up was impressed with the facilities when we had vets there early on in the season 👍 

3 hours ago, VARcelona said:

UP THE SAINTS! 🟡

A few sour grapes on here tonight I’d imagine 👀 A game today that should have been wrapped up in the first half but there we are. The ref had a fantastic game as did both linesmen, it’s a shame the older chaps next to the dugout were slating their own lino. Sad times. 

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a manager come out with “I feel cheated”. However, we do have to praise Perranwells goalkeeper due to his fantastic time wasting allowing our lads to get the well deserved goal. 🏆 

Got told years ago to give what you see and never be afraid to flag a decision against your own team. Like Adrian on your line, I have stuck to that mantra every time I’ve run the line, if that pisses our own supporters off then that’s their problem not mine!

St Day are a good side, but the Well battled for 97 minutes today, can’t deny that losing that way hurts, but you can never complain about being beaten by a better team.

All the best for the rest of the season.

Great to see you as always Marksy, been a long time mate! Said to Joffy after you know when your name is on the trophy, a 98th minute winner, then hearing Illogan lost 0-2 at St.Just. Look forward to watching St.Day in the SWPL next season, great club and facilities improving every season, deserve to be there after coming so close previously. Got plenty of quality players already as we know and no doubt a few new faces and can’t see any reason the Saints won’t give anyone a game at that level. Bude and Mullion both done well after promotion so St.Day definitely can. Enjoyed the game, Reesy keeping The Well in it 1st half saving about 3 one on ones then one of the best saves I’ve seen anywhere all season to deny Dan Richards snap shot diving full stretch to his left and turn it over the bar, superb save!! 👏🏼👌 Reesy was at it again 2nd half saving headers from Marksy Jr and Gav Boon before Perranwell almost nicked it at the end with sub Hodgie hitting 2 screamers within 3 minutes, one off the underside of the bar the other a great save from SPB tipping around his right post! Funny game football!! 😄👏🏼️  Thought the ref did well letting a lot of the petty stuff go, really like a non fussy referee, helps the game flow a lot better in my opinion. 3 or 4 bookings I think he also got pretty much spot on with a few late tackles, but I do think he’s making a rod for his own back though playing 51 minutes 1st half and 54 minutes 2nd half, 15 minutes added on time when there was hardly any injuries and no physio on is asking for problems. Must admit I didn’t hear Si say anything to the ref after but after seeing his lads battle the league leaders, defending brilliantly for 105 minutes coming out with a credible draw and seeing it took away like that in the 104th minute I’d be pretty hacked off as well if I was a manager. Both linesman were excellent as well, you won’t see 2 fairer guys than Andy and Adie running the line anywhere in the county, both clubs lucky to have reliable top blokes like them, gold dust. Attendance counted at 58 (twice) during the 2nd half, and a nice dry day for once thank god! Pitch held up fairly well but with plenty of divots to replace! Certainly an entertaining afternoon despite the lack of goals, and congrats to St.Day who will be worthy champions when they eventually win it next month 👏🏼👍

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Great to see you as always Marksy, been a long time mate! Said to Joffy after you know when your name is on the trophy, a 98th minute winner, then hearing Illogan lost 0-2 at St.Just. Look forward to watching St.Day in the SWPL next season, great club and facilities improving every season, deserve to be there after coming so close previously. Got plenty of quality players already as we know and no doubt a few new faces and can’t see any reason the Saints won’t give anyone a game at that level. Bude and Mullion both done well after promotion so St.Day definitely can. Enjoyed the game, Reesy keeping The Well in it 1st half saving about 3 one on ones then one of the best saves I’ve seen anywhere all season to deny Dan Richards snap shot diving full stretch to his left and turn it over the bar, superb save!! 👏🏼👌 Reesy was at it again 2nd half saving headers from Marksy Jr and Gav Boon before Perranwell almost nicked it at the end with sub Hodgie hitting 2 screamers within 3 minutes, one off the underside of the bar the other a great save from SPB tipping around his right post! Funny game football!! 😄👏🏼️  Thought the ref did well letting a lot of the petty stuff go, really like a non fussy referee, helps the game flow a lot better in my opinion. 3 or 4 bookings I think he also got pretty much spot on with a few late tackles, but I do think he’s making a rod for his own back though playing 51 minutes 1st half and 54 minutes 2nd half, 15 minutes added on time when there was hardly any injuries and no physio on is asking for problems. Must admit I didn’t hear Si say anything to the ref after but after seeing his lads battle the league leaders, defending brilliantly for 105 minutes coming out with a credible draw and seeing it took away like that in the 104th minute I’d be pretty hacked off as well if I was a manager. Both linesman were excellent as well, you won’t see 2 fairer guys than Andy and Adie running the line anywhere in the county, both clubs lucky to have reliable top blokes like them, gold dust. Attendance counted at 58 (twice) during the 2nd half, and a nice dry day for once thank god! Pitch held up fairly well but with plenty of divots to replace! Certainly an entertaining afternoon despite the lack of goals, and congrats to St.Day who will be worthy champions when they eventually win it next month 👏🏼👍

Tregye isn't the best for the balls going behind the goals though so that probably added to the amount of time added on. Looks like the referee was consistent with that from the timings of both halves so can't really complain on that as most always moaning about consistency.

Do you add time on for the ball going out of play though? Thought that was rugby!!? 😀🏉  Suppose every ref sees it differently, he’s the man with the watch that matters at the end of the day (or the end of 105 minutes!!!) He did well keeping the game flowing when the ball was on the pitch so that’s the main thing for a referee I guess!? 👏🏼

2 hours ago, Marksy Senior said:

Oh dear you are soooo bitter a late post obviously fuelled by a shandy ,looking forward to posting all your posts at the end of the season 🤣🤣

How is this bitter I’m pointing out st day will be fine 👏 you seem rattled? It’s Easter eat some eggs and chill 

13 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Do you add time on for the ball going out of play though? Thought that was rugby!!? 😀🏉  Suppose every ref sees it differently, he’s the man with the watch that matters at the end of the day (or the end of 105 minutes!!!) He did well keeping the game flowing when the ball was on the pitch so that’s the main thing for a referee I guess!? 👏🏼

Depends on how long it is taking for the ball to come back on I suppose, if the home team were under the cosh then either a new ball would probably take a while and can be added on, as well as if a goalkeeper is taking a long time to retrieve the ball from behind.

1 hour ago, Marksy Senior said:

Yeh might bring you an egg Dave seeing as your in the next road to me . 

Dont lie, you don’t share your eggs 🥚 

Great result for sticker against Saltash away from home. 
A false league position really for a talented sticker side.
It hasn’t helped with such a stop start season. I fully believe that if they can keep their talented side together they will be a major force next season.

On 31/03/2024 at 21:55, Nige the Green said:

There were a lot more in there until you went in 😀

Terrible game though sadly!

Thought it was a decent game, experience Vs youth, credit to both clubs, played in a good spirit, always an incident or two but nothing of any note. Think Polperro's future is bright with some of those youngsters. I'd be happy to watch both teams again.