Crediton United     3-2         Exeter City

Cullompton Rangers  H/W   Holsworthy

Dartmouth   1-2  Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Pol

Okehampton Argyle    1-4       Tiverton Town

Sidmouth Town      4-3         Bovey Tracey

Torridgeside            0-2         Teignmouth

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 27th September 2023
12 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

Would he need to be registered to play in reserve games? (IF he’s under contract)

I genuinely have no idea what the rules are. 

His registration is on "whole game" which no doubt you’re aware is different software to "full time"

The “Whole game” is password protected as contains players data and not for public viewing.

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason said:

Would be very interested to see the Truro "reserves" line up. 

Majority very young lads, if you were hoping for a list of first team regulars I'm afraid you'll be dissapointed. There was one 1st team player that played 70 mins for fitness,at 1st team managers request, in my opinion had less of an impact than you'd think and Wendron dealt with him well in the most part. A combination of conditions, youthful exuberance and an outstanding young truro keeper are the reasons Truro won.

8 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Holsworthy unable to raise a side and we are  not even out of September yet is very poor at that level. 

Hard to Judge and pass comments unless we know all the facts behind it, although I know second team players are unable to step up, as have to have played 1 first team game and then cannot play cup competitions for the second team. 

One of the reasons their reserves were kicked out of their league cup last season from memory. 

Its a tough football environment nowadays, especially with the pressures of the economy, people taking time off work,  id imagine clubs dont pay our for cup games, no excuses but perhaps behind peoples reasoning for not being able to get out of work. 

Holsworthy normally pretty reliable, so must be a genuine reason behind it. From full time they seem to have had fairly decent squads throughout the season so far. 

Who knows! 

7 minutes ago, CornishCrypto said:

Hard to Judge and pass comments unless we know all the facts behind it, although I know second team players are unable to step up, as have to have played 1 first team game and then cannot play cup competitions for the second team. 

One of the reasons their reserves were kicked out of their league cup last season from memory. 

Its a tough football environment nowadays, especially with the pressures of the economy, people taking time off work,  id imagine clubs dont pay our for cup games, no excuses but perhaps behind peoples reasoning for not being able to get out of work. 

Holsworthy normally pretty reliable, so must be a genuine reason behind it. From full time they seem to have had fairly decent squads throughout the season so far. 

Who knows! 

But surely as a player. The first team is the target. And if offered the chance to step up it’s because you deserve the chance. That’s the idea of a club having a couple teams. Works well at wendron. 

I agree, but then if they cannot represent the second team in their own cups and are being drafted in because of absentees in the first team, is that then fair on them?

After all they could be being brought in to fill a gap and not ready for first team football, but having to go because the first team are short, they then get caught in the team and a half and dont get to play football.

In an ideal world, free movement between all teams is what you want and what they clearly want as they have 3 teams, but cup and league rules dont allow it.

4 hours ago, EddieD said:

Majority very young lads, if you were hoping for a list of first team regulars I'm afraid you'll be dissapointed. There was one 1st team player that played 70 mins for fitness,at 1st team managers request, in my opinion had less of an impact than you'd think and Wendron dealt with him well in the most part. A combination of conditions, youthful exuberance and an outstanding young truro keeper are the reasons Truro won.

Far from disappointed to hear that it was their usual reserve team that caused an upset. Good result. 

4 hours ago, EddieD said:

Good mix of young lads learning their trade and some experienced heads to learn from. 
Felt we dominated proceedings bar a 10 minute spell or so before the half in which Truro levelled. We were disappointed in the manner of it but the striker finished well. 
City then scored as the game drew to a close against the run of play. 
Entertaining game with two good footballing sides on show. Best of luck to Truro for the rest of the season, think they’ll find their feet soon enough and push on a bit more. 

22 hours ago, VoiceofReason said:

Would be very interested to see the Truro "reserves" line up. 

Line up is irrelevant; I think there was only one ‘first teamer’ in the side. Not sure if he’s on a trial period or working his way back to fitness - perhaps both, but that’s the point of having a Reserve team so absolutely no grievances at our end. 

On 27/09/2023 at 22:34, Dave Deacon said:

His registration is on "whole game" which no doubt you’re aware is different software to "full time"

The “Whole game” is password protected as contains players data and not for public viewing.

Listened to the podcast on the way home earlier. Thanks for asking Phil Hiscox to clarify 👍 Wasn’t getting “worked up” about it myself was more curious!