Helston Athletic                 2-2             Wellington

Millbrook                           1-8             Bridgwater United

Oldland Abbotonians        3-2             Saltash United

St Blazey                            1-1             Shepton Mallet

Street                                 2-2             Ilfracombe Town

Torpoint Athletic      2-0   Nailsea & Tickenham

Welton Rovers                  2-4             Barnstaple Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 29th July 2023

Millbrook losing 8-1 at home in the first game  is not going to do anything for the confidence of the club when all ready rumours of them pulling out the league.  
suprised by the Helston result. 2 up cruising to throw it away , I notice Curtis dameral started on the bench thought he was the big name signing in the summer. 

Went to the millbrook game against Bridgwater and in fairness to millbrook they battled hard but we’re just outclassed by a very good team who dominated from start to finish 

good results for  clevedon and the new side oldland athletic against two fancied teams but wellington was for me the outstanding performance of the day coming from 2 goals behind to take a point at helston 

Nice place Oldland. Pitch was a credit- like a carpet. They've signed some big hitters from Bridgwater and have a fair few dual registrations in a link with Cribbs now Southern League. Their captain got their MOM but the number 11 on the wing was outstanding. 

They're not in it to make up the numbers putting it mildly and are building new facilities with new dressing rooms complex and clubhouse being ripped apart currently which will take the existing dressing rooms. 

We took a deserved lead in second half and if we'd taken some of chances we had we'd have come home with the points but it wasnt to be. But two goals from Kirean O'melia a positive along with the work rate and team togetherness. 

7 hours ago, silly billy said:

2 red cards in the first game! 

One was to a player - harsh where some refs wouldn’t have given it, while the other was to one of the managers for retaliation. At this stage I don’t think they have to worry about discipline, more so the concern should be strike power! 

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

One was to a player - harsh where some refs wouldn’t have given it, while the other was to one of the managers for retaliation. At this stage I don’t think they have to worry about discipline, more so the concern should be strike power! 

Hardly a good start though is it? Was waiting for you to start on the ref.

Should be a rule that if one manager gets sent off all managers or assistants or whatever you want to call them for that team should also go. Maybe that's why some teams feel the need to have 3 managers 🤔. One manager gets red carded, no worries we got two more to carry on with.

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I was stood near you Dave, so didn't have a great view of it, but I was surprised the ref even pulled a card. I spoke to several fans on the half way line and I'm definitely not alone. I hope the club appeal it, because it seemed completely out of proportion to the challenge.

No complaints about the other card mind you.

As for the game, Shepton Mallet had the better of the first half, but Blazey played very well in the second. Giler scored a terrific header and will go down in Blazey history as the first scorer for the club at step 5. Apparently Will Tinsley reckons that he was a good yard away from the lad who won the free kick that lead to the equaliser, and Semmons clearly thought he'd been fouled, but I think he could possibly have punched the ball rather than try to catch it.

8 minutes ago, SteveM said:

Apparently Will Tinsley reckons that he was a good yard away from the lad who won the free kick

Agree with Will, I had stayed up that end and I didn’t think it was a foul but the ref did and so there was no point Will continuing to go on about it!

As for the goal conceded, I thought Shaun could have done better.

Went to Welton V Barnstaple and Barnstaple were very impressive against a Welton side who have recruited well in the off season. Result of the day has to be Wellington , I didn't see that coming given some of the beatings they have had in pre season from lower league opposition and also given the fact that they had a full back in goal yesterday.

5 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Buckland lose again. Takes time

to gel a new squad I guess

Judging from what I've heard, Bucks were the better side for most parts, but a combination of poor finishing and good defending from Clevedon didn't help matters. Also Buckland's defence still appears to be a bit shakey playing the formation they do. (I wasn't there, only going by what I heard!) 

Arrived Porthleven, home for next 3 months 

Other half delighted to again see church on the pier, regularly shown on US TV when u guys have mild like storms in comparison.

Had lovely lunch in Harbour inn today, refurbished since last visit but could not help overhearing conversation on nearby table that Mr Massey not happy with yesterdays performance by Helston. Anyone able to comment on this ?

10 minutes ago, Leroy said:

Arrived Porthleven, home for next 3 months 

Other half delighted to again see church on the pier, regularly shown on US TV when u guys have mild like storms in comparison.

Had lovely lunch in Harbour inn today, refurbished since last visit but could not help overhearing conversation on nearby table that Mr Massey not happy with yesterdays performance by Helston. Anyone able to comment on this ?

Always bigger and better in America and The Harbour is grossly overpriced. Is that comment enough??🤣🤣🤣

On 30/07/2023 at 18:32, Buckland Jim said:

Judging from what I've heard, Bucks were the better side for most parts, but a combination of poor finishing and good defending from Clevedon didn't help matters. Also Buckland's defence still appears to be a bit shakey playing the formation they do. (I wasn't there, only going by what I heard!) 

Saw them at Elburton and it looked like  a 3-5-2 formation - they looked like strangers at the back!