Cornwall Football Forum

PLAY-OFF FINAL - Monday May 1 2023

Good luck Truro City. I really hope they can do it. I know a lot of supporters are travelling up for the game.

The NLS will have quite a strong Westcountry presence next season. Newly relegated clubs Torquay and Yeovil will be joining Taunton, Weymouth, Weston-super-Mare, Bath, Chippenham and hopefully Truro City.

11 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Great achievement that  well done Truro. 
National league football at bolitho  next season some huge games  Torquay , Taunton , Yeovil, bath and Weymouth just a few  

the question is will anyone from Truro get to witness it back on Cornish turf the season after ?? 

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Certainly an interesting and busy summer ahead now regarding Truro and Parkway. Reading the ground grading requirements, looks like quite a bit of work will be needed to bring Bolitho Park up to step 2 standard, which has (the way I read it) to be completed by March 31st with no grace period given. This will be costly, and might impact on the Parkway playing budget for next season. 

Also throws into question the future of one or two City players, specifically those that left Taunton because they didn't want to or couldn't commit to National League South football. But, on the plus side, it will probably give fresh impetus to getting the new ground built. If they are going to be playing back home for the 2024/25 season, they I would think that it needs to be ready for June 2024. This is now less than 13 months away. 

Still sinking in though that clubs such as Torquay and Yeovil will be playing league matches at Bolitho Park next season.

3 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

This will be costly, and might impact on the Parkway playing budget for next season. 

Interesting as to who foots the bill! It’s Truro who have been promoted so do they and if that is the case, Parkway benefit from having a successful tenant.

A different scenario could be that City crack on with getting the new ground in place and don’t bother doing all the improvements at Bolitho by March therefore saving some money for work at Langarth.

I doubt the FA would like that very much though.

Who would be a football club owner!

11 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Interesting as to who foots the bill! It’s Truro who have been promoted so do they and if that is the case, Parkway benefit from having a successful tenant.

A different scenario could be that City crack on with getting the new ground in place and don’t bother doing all the improvements at Bolitho by March therefore saving some money for work at Langarth.

I doubt the FA would like that very much though.

Who would be a football club owner!

Once the dust has settled and the post celebration hangovers have eased, I expect these will be a real live discussions within the board of City/ Pirates.

We are fast approaching the 6 months since the public unveiling of the the plans for the new ground, perhaps it would be good to get Alex Black back on the podcast for an update before the summer break,

50 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Certainly an interesting and busy summer ahead now regarding Truro and Parkway. Reading the ground grading requirements, looks like quite a bit of work will be needed to bring Bolitho Park up to step 2 standard, which has (the way I read it) to be completed by March 31st with no grace period given. This will be costly, and might impact on the Parkway playing budget for next season. 

Also throws into question the future of one or two City players, specifically those that left Taunton because they didn't want to or couldn't commit to National League South football. But, on the plus side, it will probably give fresh impetus to getting the new ground built. If they are going to be playing back home for the 2024/25 season, they I would think that it needs to be ready for June 2024. This is now less than 13 months away. 

Still sinking in though that clubs such as Torquay and Yeovil will be playing league matches at Bolitho Park next season.

Is anyone confirmed as wanting out/being moved on?

Will be interesting to see what we do with the loan market next season

5 hours ago, Craze said:

Is anyone confirmed as wanting out/being moved on?

Will be interesting to see what we do with the loan market next season

Not confirmed, and I'm just speculating. But Plymouth based Ben Adlesbury and Danny Sullivan did cite the extra travelling required for step 2 football when they left Taunton. 

City have certainly used the loan market well over the last few years (believe Alex Black is well connected, not too mention Paul Wotton having plenty of links to pro clubs).

This season, Adam Porter (Salford) was outstanding in midfield, Fin Craske (Argyle) contributed a lot from wing back/centre back while Harvey Greenslade (Bristol Rovers) chipped in with a few vital goals late in the season.

With Truro now at step 2, they will look an attractive place for clubs to "park" their youngsters. 

7 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

It's a fair few years ago now but Tyler Harvey left Bath to go back to Truro because he couldn't fully commit.

But I suppose it's different when you are having to travel to Bath or Taunton just to play a home game.

7 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Provided that Yeovil are still going by next season. Massive problems at that club.