Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Sat 4th March

• Dave James changed the title to Trelawny League Sat 4th March
42 minutes ago, zebedee said:

Sadly a few teams unable to raise teams today which is worrying with over 2 months of the season left 

Rosudgeon Res away v Constantine 

Penryn res away v Pendeen res

Carharrack away at Helston Raiders 

What’s strange is the penryn game was a promotion 6 pointer in div 4

Div 1

Falmouth Utd. 8  Chacewater 1

First half Falmouth struggled to break down a stubborn Chacewater defence on the all weather pitch  until a penalty was awarded after about 25 mins .No complaints about the penalty although i felt the referee should have blown earlier in the move for a foul on a Chacewater player.Falmouth later broke down the right and the striker beat Jason Gribble at his near post and first half scoring was completed with an own goal when Gareth Charles deflected in a cross from the left.

Fourth goal on the hour was another own goal when a defender defected in a right wing corner.Chacewater then pulled a goal back when young Ollie Spencer lifted the ball over the Falmouth keeper.Tired legs contributed to the remaining goals as the very understrength visitors to contain the fleet footed home attack.

Jason Gribble in the visiting goal had a game to remember with save after save which even had the home management applauding some of his heroics. 

Well played Falmouth,good side and played the game in the right way.

18 hours ago, mbkted said:

What’s strange is the penryn game was a promotion 6 pointer in div 4

What’s strange is that division like many others is full of teams that have the luxury of using Senior players when they feel the need arises, Penryn travelling to Pendeen when their 1sts don’t have a fixture and a win would I believe secure the Div 4 title???  Not a real shock they decided not to travel.

3 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Anyone know why the New Inn Titans v Storm PSC cup game says postponed, but also awaiting a league committee decision?

Spoke to a storm player the other day and he said F that and decided to go with a few of them to watch Plymouth argyle 🟢 😂

5 hours ago, THEMAGPIE said:

What’s strange is that division like many others is full of teams that have the luxury of using Senior players when they feel the need arises, Penryn travelling to Pendeen when their 1sts don’t have a fixture and a win would I believe secure the Div 4 title???  Not a real shock they decided not to travel.

Their first team were at home and lost 3-0 but I get your point about not travelling to win the title

only people at penryn will know why they couldn’t field a team 

6 hours ago, THEMAGPIE said:

So are you saying pendeen reserves would have fielded some of their first teamers??

8 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Spoke to a storm player the other day and he said F that and decided to go with a few of them to watch Plymouth argyle 🟢 😂

Funny. Over the past couple of weeks or so we've been told how Storm will show up and fulfill fixtures, no matter who it is they're playing against.  🤔

13 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Funny. Over the past couple of weeks or so we've been told how Storm will show up and fulfill fixtures, no matter who it is they're playing against.  🤔

Storms game being postponed is nothing to do with the opponents, we played them pre season and was looking forward to playing them again, it was postponed due to an off field matter that is being dealt with.

Gladly…pendeen reserves currently sit 8pts clear at the top of the league,never once fielded a first team player,never needed too nor was it ever contemplated. Started the season with 16 regulars every week,including six 16yr olds who have adapted very well to men’s football,you could ask anyone we’ve played(although because you ‘watch so much local football,notably the lower leagues’) I’m  sure you’re well aware of that fact. If you’d also like to know how I know the truth,I’m one of the managers that only had youth managerial experience up to the start of this season,before taking over at pendeen,at which point I recall you saying what on earth we would know about Mens football. Maybe judge us at the end of the season or stop making snide remarks about something you clearly don’t know about.

1 hour ago, Jirwin52 said:

Gladly…pendeen reserves currently sit 8pts clear at the top of the league,never once fielded a first team player,never needed too nor was it ever contemplated. Started the season with 16 regulars every week,including six 16yr olds who have adapted very well to men’s football,you could ask anyone we’ve played(although because you ‘watch so much local football,notably the lower leagues’) I’m  sure you’re well aware of that fact. If you’d also like to know how I know the truth,I’m one of the managers that only had youth managerial experience up to the start of this season,before taking over at pendeen,at which point I recall you saying what on earth we would know about Mens football. Maybe judge us at the end of the season or stop making snide remarks about something you clearly don’t know about.

Not judging anybody,I do watch a lot of lower league football and have seen at least one player from your first team but it’s completely legal so not a problem. Well done on winning the lowest division in Cornwall football many congratulations. I keep a keen eye on lower league football especially the west teams like Penzance and Rosudgeon for example. 

7 hours ago, trh84 said:

Even funnier how you believed we'd gone to watch argyle instead 🤷

Thank you for misunderstanding my comment.

After reading past comments by a forum member associated with Storm, I didn't believe it (hence  the confused thinking emoji). In fact, I admire Storm for their tenacity, determination, and their guts to show up when other players (or teams) would easily have said, "f-that".

19 minutes ago, Jirwin52 said:

I’ll take your sarcastic compliment,had to start ‘in the lowest division of Cornish football’,that’s the rules. You’re nearly as wrong with these comments as you were with your last lot. No doubt your keen eye will see us soon.

Not quite technically won yet is it?

When you do wrap it up, its got to be a well done as winning any league, no matter what level, is a great achievement. 

On 05/03/2023 at 09:08, THEMAGPIE said:

due to the dislodgement between the First and Reserves team, not a single firsts player would be playing for the Reserves. The player you referred to as for playing for the reserves from the first team, I think you’ll find played 1st team last season and ultimately dropped down to our division for the season. He has now left the club entirely, so you have no need to worry. :) 

11 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not quite technically won yet is it?

When you do wrap it up, its got to be a well done as winning any league, no matter what level, is a great achievement. 

Reserves require 3 more points to claim the league. I see people on here getting wound up at first season legitimate success without the use of first teamers. People can’t accept there’s finally a team in this division with a bit of heart and desire to play good clean snappy football without the use of cheats and first team players. I see people from penzance having a dig, went to a game last week and I noticed at least 2! 

12 hours ago, THEMAGPIE said:

Not judging anybody,I do watch a lot of lower league football and have seen at least one player from your first team but it’s completely legal so not a problem. Well done on winning the lowest division in Cornwall football many congratulations. I keep a keen eye on lower league football especially the west teams like Penzance and Rosudgeon for example. 

let’s be honest, you had everything out for pendeen reserves, from what I’ve seen, literally the only club that’s got heart in that league and a desire to play good football. Every other team either cheats with too many first players or just boot it long and kick the s*** outta you. We get it, it’s the lowest tier but you don’t expect a team full of kids to jump into combination football or something do you. I’ve watched many games this season and they seem like a very well tight knit squad all together before and after every game with plenty of respect for their manager. Who has evidently done a cracking job. Kept the noisy neighbours quiet all season. But unfortunately not you.