Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results - Tuesday/Wednesday 12th/13th April 2022

Results
Tuesday 12th April 2022
Godolphin Atlantic Reserves (Kieran Tamblin, Freddie Fielding) 2-2 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jason Roberts, Liam Dent)
Att-20
Goonhavern Athletic (Ben Bradley, Daniel Scholes) 2-3 St Day Reserves (Matt Wysocki 2, Ben West)
Att-10
Mawnan (Luke Wort 3, Dominic Pullen 2, Ben Stevens) 6-0 Holman SC
Att-12
Wednesday 13th April
Lizard Argyle (???) 1-4 Helston Athletic Thirds (Will Blunt, Craig Tanner, Olly Christmas, Ashley Stidwell)
Att-???
Rosudgeon (???) 3-1 Hayle Reserves (???)
Att-???

1 hour ago, St George said:

Let’s wait and see how many 1st Team Godolphin throw in tonight. They only get results when they do….

Penryn back to 2nd with a 2-2 draw

Big Result - Helston now 4 points ahead with a game in hand and only 4 to play

22 minutes ago, Pitty said:

Penryn back to 2nd with a 2-2 draw

Big Result - Helston now 4 points ahead with a game in hand and only 4 to play

Missed my graduation to run it as usual gaffer has just had an operation…

A gk playing cb… 

3 players dropped out on the day…

A very good point in a thoroughly enjoyable game of football and most importantly a good atmosphere in the pub watching Chelsea after the game…

All the best to Penryn in their push for the title, maybe the lads will cause more twists Tuesday night against Helston 🤷🏻‍♂️

🐬

2 hours ago, St George said:

Let’s wait and see how many 1st Team Godolphin throw in tonight. They only get results when they do….

Godolphin's Line-up tonight -

Coen Briggs

Thomas Harvey

George Kent

Joshua Margetts

Daniel Morey-McKenna

Ollie Paterson

Matt Sanders

Kieran Tamblin

James Turpie

Danny Woodhead

freddie fielding

7 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Godolphin's Line-up tonight -

Coen Briggs

Thomas Harvey

George Kent

Joshua Margetts

Daniel Morey-McKenna

Ollie Paterson

Matt Sanders

Kieran Tamblin

James Turpie

Danny Woodhead

freddie fielding

Rule 18m (M) A Team shall not include more than 3 Players who has/have taken part in 3 or more senior Competition Matches during the current Playing Season unless a period of 21 days has elapsed since they last played.

According to FullTime - Margetts, Sanders, Fielding and Paterson have all played more than 3 games for the SWPL side during this season and all have played for the SWPL side in the last 21 days previous to the game vs Penryn. 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼

47 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I watched this game and the "G" certainly looked to be beefed up somewhat. 

Penryn clutching at straws here 🤷‍♂️

I watched half of my grandsons game at the nearby sports centre / college (fantastic facilities there!) and then headed over to watch the 2nd half of this one. Godolphin we’re 2nd best but dug in deep to keep penryn from clinching a winner late on, a very good second half which had plenty of action. no food hut / tea or coffee or entrance fee, a shame but I know it takes volunteers to do these things. 

godolphins left back was man of the match (or 2nd half at least!), made the penryn number 7 (James roberts?) look like a sunday league player with a hangover 🤣, this led to roberts taking his frustration out on his team mates and management at times which they seemed to take for some bizarre reason!

I think penryn deserved the 3pts but overall they didn’t put their chances away, godolphin themselves had a glorious chance to win the game late on themselves so maybe a point a piece was fair. 

21 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Penryn clutching at straws here 🤷‍♂️

I watched half of my grandsons game at the nearby sports centre / college (fantastic facilities there!) and then headed over to watch the 2nd half of this one. Godolphin we’re 2nd best but dug in deep to keep penryn from clinching a winner late on, a very good second half which had plenty of action. no food hut / tea or coffee or entrance fee, a shame but I know it takes volunteers to do these things. 

godolphins left back was man of the match (or 2nd half at least!), made the penryn number 7 (James roberts?) look like a sunday league player with a hangover 🤣, this led to roberts taking his frustration out on his team mates and management at times which they seemed to take for some bizarre reason!

I think penryn deserved the 3pts but overall they didn’t put their chances away, godolphin themselves had a glorious chance to win the game late on themselves so maybe a point a piece was fair. 

Rules are rules I’m afraid and if they are broken, then they need to get punished for braking them 

Godolphin 2-2 Penryn (Roberts, Dent)

As Penryn gaffer I have to hold my hands up on this 1, I massively underestimated G (with them being bottom of the table) & gave some key players the night off with 1 eye on the cup final. 

It was clear within 5 minutes of kick off that I'd made a mistake as G were clearly up for it & despite telling my lads they were playing for a place in the final, my boys weren't. The 1st half was tight, Ryn took the lead through Jason Roberts who connected well with a free kick to smash to the ball in to the net on the half volley. Ryn nearly made it 2 after some neat play down the right but Mark "Minto" Kent saw his shot come off the inside of the post & cleared & it rolled back across the line. It was still a very tight game & the G left back (#3) looked dangerous every time he got the ball, I lost count of how many players he nutmegged. G got back in the game when #3 went on another run, this time skinning about 5 players before doing a lovely trick in the box which led to him being hacked down for a pen, which #9 slammed home. Ryn took the lead again before half time with our best move of the match, when Kent skipped past the G cm with a step over on the half way line & played a perfect through ball to Dent who beat the back line, took a touch & buried his shot in to the roof of the net, Linto at it's best.

Ht 1-2

My half time teamtalk clearly worked wonders as G equalised within 2 mins of the restart. The ref gave a soft free kick down the left, & our players decided that arguing would be a better idea than marking, G put in a low cross to the man at the near post & was able to bring the ball in & shoot in to the far corner before a Penryn player had got within 5 yards of him. I thought from then on it was a decent game. Penryn enjoyed the possession & territory & had plenty of chances to win it but poor finishing & a lack of final ball cost us. G looked very dangerous on the counter, catching us at least half a dozen times, so it was by no means attack vs defence. They had a great chance to take 3 points near the end as well as a few half chances & also some good counters halted by Penryn fouls. 

All in all I would say Ryn probably deserved the 3 points but Godolphin were brilliant, of all the teams we have played this season, only Mawnan & Helston have given us a tougher game, so credit to them. I can't get my head around how they are bottom of the league but I'm sure they'll pick up plenty of points in the run in. 

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results - Tuesday/Wednesday 12th/13th April 2022