Falmouth Town Res        0-2            Porthleven

Perranporth                     4-3         Ludgvan

Redruth United               0-5            Mullion

St Agnes                           0-2           Mousehole Development

St Day                                3-0           Perranwell

LEAGUE CUP

Illogan RBL                        2-0           Wendron United Reserves

Truro City Reserves        3-1            Millbrook Reserves

Watched illogan Wendron in the cup today , illogan won 2-0 also hit the post/bar another 4 x Wendron didn’t have a meaningful shot better side went through 100%. But main point was the referee now I’m not a ref basher and his performance and decisions were decent !!! but his attitude 🤷‍♂️ Heard him call a Wendron midfielder d******d swear at the illogan keeper and was arrogant throughout maybe he gets told what to do all week at work and by his mrs at home but respect goes both ways and no one can blame any player being officiated by him for showing  this particular referee no respect whatsoever. And funny thing is heard he’s part of the ccfa 🤯 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 5 March 2022
1 hour ago, glass hips said:

Watched illogan Wendron in the cup today , illogan won 2-0 also hit the post/bar another 4 x Wendron didn’t have a meaningful shot better side went through 100%. But main point was the referee now I’m not a ref basher and his performance and decisions were decent !!! but his attitude 🤷‍♂️ Heard him call a Wendron midfielder d******d swear at the illogan keeper and was arrogant throughout maybe he gets told what to do all week at work and by his mrs at home but respect goes both ways and no one can blame any player being officiated by him for showing  this particular referee no respect whatsoever. And funny thing is heard he’s part of the ccfa 🤯 

Assume you heard nothing said back to him or said to him in the first place?

I can’t see Mr Bartlam being like this though, especially calling a player a d******d. And wasn’t there also an observer on the game so could be commented on within his report.

Good though that general decision making was good, maybe just some frustrations from player behaviour, because let’s be honest Barrie in the Illogan goal isn’t the easiest to deal with.

26 minutes ago, Laws of the Game said:

I can’t see Mr Bartlam being like this though, especially calling a player a d******d. And wasn’t there also an observer on the game so could be commented on within his report.

Good though that general decision making was good, maybe just some frustrations from player behaviour, because let’s be honest Barrie in the Illogan goal isn’t the easiest to deal with.

Tbh don’t know the refs name if it’s Bart man or no but he did sin bin abbo in 2nd half for I assume dissent , so yep if the players started it ie midfielder and Barry sin bin them ( correct decision) don’t talk to them with zero respect. All I’m saying !!!  , bookings play ons fouls etc he done well . May have just had a bad day/week I haven’t seen him before but if todays his regular attitude I’d imagine every games a struggle with/for him . But hey ho who’d be a ref there’s some good ones some bad ones and just ones fair play to them all 

It certainly wasnt Mr Bartlam in the middle so im guessing it was a late change - just had that confirmed whislt writing this Dave was called into work so well done to this ref for stepping up at short notice to prevent a  unqualified random having to step in. I came and watched this game and thought the teams and ref actually done well. I certainly didnt hear the referee call someone a dxxxxxxxxd from where I was standing. He gave as good as he got sometimes which was good to see considering he did have Barry to deal with and a few constant moaners. I can only assume that the illogan lad got binned at the end because the ref had only just spoken to him a few minutes before following a challenge near the dugout. goals were good, atmosphere was good and what your expect from a cup game. First time I'd seen this Wendron team play, I thought they gave a good account if thwmselves but Illogan are a very strong side and surely cup favourites. Ref was good and it's a shame he's been called out on here even if what has been said above is true, then I bet the players had got him to that point 

Apologies to Mr Bartlam then.

Fair play to the gentleman for stepping in at last minute I hear, wasn’t full confirmed according to one club until 12:45 when the referee turned up.

Like you said @glass hips he could have perhaps dealt with a sin bin, but it’s a pain when it is a keeper and if Mr Wyatt wasn’t listening maybe it was just used to get his attention and actually listen. Not condoning the use of that language at all, but referees are human too.

18 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Could it be that the ref actually knows Barry well enough to exchange this kind of banter?

I think Barry knows all the refs around these days and he's given all of them enough of his own mouth to understand that he may get that a bit back. Well done refs for doing that. I personally like to see a bit of banter between refs, players and managers so long as boundaries are clearly there and no-one oversteps them. Barry is big enough and old enough to know that if he's gonna dish it, he has to expect it back. I like Barry personally

It was luke Wilkes reffing today I think fair to say well known by both sets of players, in my opinion nothing untoward today I gave him some lip for the penalty despite it being absolutely blatant but fully expected Luke to tell me to do one and absolutely with in his rights to do so, we all shared a beer in the bar after so no real story here.

Well done illogan and good luck in the next round 🙂🙂

36 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Could it be that the ref actually knows Barry well enough to exchange this kind of banter?

That is the correct case Dave, luke made his decisions during the game and after explained his decisions which we respected. It’s always good when the ref comes into the clubhouse for a beer and a chat as we are all there for the same reason, weather we all agree or not we should all get along.

When speaking with pottsy before the game we was saying about there is so many bad things going on in the world and we are so lucky to be able to be doing what we all enjoy, so I think before we all start to slating people take a step back and enjoy what we have

18 minutes ago, Scoffy said:

It was luke Wilkes reffing today I think fair to say well known by both sets of players, in my opinion nothing untoward today I gave him shit for the penalty despite it being absolutely blatant but fully expect Luke to tell me to do one and absolutely with in his right to do so, we all shared a beer in the bar after so no real story here.

Well done illogan and good luck in the next round 🙂🙂

You 'gave him shit for the penalty despite it being absolutely blatant'. Can you explain what you mean by this please? Are you saying you agree it was a penalty but you gave him s**t anyway?

Mike pascoe very good comment. So much going on that as long as it's left on that pitch at the end and we can all have a drink then it's a good day. Well done on your result today I've followed illogan this season and I think you and your team have done a brilliant job and are by far the best team I've watched

5 hours ago, Laws of the Game said:

He is when he's playing as a centre forward in the Trelawny League and has missed numerous chances and looks like scoring with 10 seconds to go and the ref blows for full time before he can finish🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Scoffy said:

Not sure what needs explaining my friend I did what 9/10 players would do when conceding a penalty and disagreed but I've known Luke for years and he told me rightly to shut up 😂 like I said before really no story here 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think that when we have a refereeing shortage to the point that almost half of the junior games in Cornwall are being covered by volunteers instead of experienced and qualified refs, many of which have hung up there whistle because of the abuse they get, I think we do have a story. Youve openly admitted to verbally abusing the referee (regardless of whether you know the Chap) because he was doing his job (correctly - definite pen from where I was standing). And yet we wonder why there is a shortage. You shouldn't be okay with that, regardless of whether you know the guy or not. If you know him, surely you should have enough respect for him that you wouldn't question his authority, especially when he is correct. This is obviously just my opinion but as someone who goes to watch different teams each week, I get very frustrated when I see refs being given a hard time

5 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

I think that when we have a refereeing shortage to the point that almost half of the junior games in Cornwall are being covered by volunteers instead of experienced and qualified refs, many of which have hung up there whistle because of the abuse they get, I think we do have a story. Youve openly admitted to verbally abusing the referee (regardless of whether you know the Chap) because he was doing his job (correctly - definite pen from where I was standing). And yet we wonder why there is a shortage. You shouldn't be okay with that, regardless of whether you know the guy or not. If you know him, surely you should have enough respect for him that you wouldn't question his authority, especially when he is correct. This is obviously just my opinion but as someone who goes to watch different teams each week, I get very frustrated when I see refs being given a hard time

That's not verbally abusing someone. Bloody hell. 

Football matches are refereed in a subjective way. Players and supporters appeal for everything even if you know its going the other way, you do that to try and influence the decision.  If you don't, you don't get anything. How many times do you hear on TV "look at the reaction of the players"? If you don't react then the referees think they get everything right. 

Nice to hear a referee giving a bit of banter and enjoying it, rather than being a robot and a ruler. 

46 minutes ago, St Darren said:

That's not verbally abusing someone. Bloody hell. 

Football matches are refereed in a subjective way. Players and supporters appeal for everything even if you know its going the other way, you do that to try and influence the decision.  If you don't, you don't get anything. How many times do you hear on TV "look at the reaction of the players"? If you don't react then the referees think they get everything right. 

Nice to hear a referee giving a bit of banter and enjoying it, rather than being a robot and a ruler. 

Youve missed my point. 'Gave him sxxt for the penalty despite it being absolutely blatant'. Thats the frustrating thing.  Why can't players just 'yeah that's a pen, sorry' when they know that it is a penalty and they've rightly been penalised, instead of giving a bit of gob. We all know that gobbing off is contagious and once one does it, they all do. Thats the point I'm trying to make. And you can't compare those we see on the TV, we all know what they are like and on the whole we don't like how they act. All I'm saying is that it's disappointing to hear a ref given a hard time, albeit for a whole match or just a moment when he was correct. One person has come on here to basically say he had a very good game but had a poor attitude. Maybe for once the ref was giving as good as he got. I personally liked the way he acted and gave a bit of banter out, especially with those like Barry who you could tell he obviously knew. Anyway I don't want to drag this on as it's pointless I just wanted to offer my opinion, I've done that and I appreciate others may not agree

1 hour ago, deancourt said:

The ref seemed to me to keep holding the game up so that he could give players a telling off. Now, there was a cold wind blowing down the pitch and I was getting cold while there was no action to keep me warm!

Probably getting a breather as it was the first time he had refereed for many months (believe it was only his 3/4th game of the season). Training for a marathon but nothing like an actual match to test the fitness.

24 minutes ago, B Manning said:

deancourt, perhaps it was how the players were behaving that required the ref to speak to them, I am sure that the ref didn`t want to keep stopping the game.  

Probably that too, I applaud him for trying to keep the cards in the pocket, as long as it was in line with the LOTG of course 🙈🙈