Cornwall Football Forum

HELSTON NEW SIGNINGS

mattelot

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Regarding Mike Searle, how many keepers is that now for Helston this season?

& after saying how well the young keeper played on Saturday. This is how I will repay your performance on Saturday, I’ll buy a new goalkeeper !!!  Youngster must be feeling great. ! 🤔

38 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

& after saying how well the young keeper played on Saturday. This is how I will repay your performance on Saturday, I’ll buy a new goalkeeper !!!  Youngster must be feeling great. ! 🤔

They must be worried how many millbrook might score tonight .

1 hour ago, kevin richards said:

Leo is 17 years old and he’ll be wrapped in cotton wool and looked after it was baptism of fire for him on Saturday keepers don’t come into their own until their late 20’s at the very earliest he’s a quality keeper and he’ll play a very high level but the western league is very physically demanding 

3 minutes ago, Stu B said:

Leo is 17 years old and he’ll be wrapped in cotton wool and looked after it was baptism of fire for him on Saturday keepers don’t come into their own until their late 20’s at the very earliest he’s a quality keeper and he’ll play a very high level but the western league is very physically demanding 

Although I’m surprised he doesn’t play more for the reserve side. Learning the trade by playing surely helpful  rather than sitting on the subs bench.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Although I’m surprised he doesn’t play more for the reserve side. Learning the trade by playing surely helpful  rather than sitting on the subs bench.

With him going to the states in the summer to start his scholarship he’s being looked after in terms of the standard he’s playing he stills plays his representative football 👌🏻

1 hour ago, Stu B said:

Was ilfracombe’s MoM 

3 hours ago, Stu B said:

Fair point. However talented he is, not good for his long term career to be kept in the firing line.

What happened to John Ross? Goalkeeper signed  from Dorchester in the summer, but has yet to make an appearance. 

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Fair point. However talented he is, not good for his long term career to be kept in the firing line.

What happened to John Ross? Goalkeeper signed  from Dorchester in the summer, but has yet to make an appearance. 

John tore a thigh muscle in pre season which kept out for quite a few months pretty sure he’s playing for his Uni side at the minute to get back to full fitness