Cornwall Football Forum

Blazey vs Callington - Vincent vs Lafferty

we all love rivalry in local football, we all love a story behind it.

the last game between this two did not disappoint with a well attended game on a tuesday night at Blaise Park which i will expect to be well attended again.

what are our thoughts? workmen like performance from an improved callington or will experience rule day for lafferty and his merry merry men? 

On 16/11/2021 at 11:36, Greygen said:

the last game between this two did not disappoint with a well attended game on a tuesday night at Blaise Park which i will expect to be well attended again.

what are our thoughts? workmen like performance from an improved callington or will experience rule day for lafferty and his merry merry men? 

I think Phil is in for a surprise!

Ah poor lad. Haven't got the replies/attention you were hoping for on this one have you? *must try harder. *trollinggameispoor

I think your title is a bit inaccurate - Vincent vs Lafferty? What have they got to do with eachother? I hope you aren't a journalist thats for sure. More like Vincent vs Blazey seeing as he was given the boot (or left) following the Les Dennis incident.

As for the game itself, much improved Callington against experienced Blazey - im going for a score draw 2-2

3 hours ago, VoiceofReason said:

Ah poor lad. Haven't got the replies/attention you were hoping for on this one have you? *must try harder. *trollinggameispoor

Strange response, was posting on a forum for peoples opinions on a game thats happening over the weekend.

Everything okay at home VOR?

38 minutes ago, SCFC said:

I think your title is a bit inaccurate - Vincent vs Lafferty? What have they got to do with eachother? I hope you aren't a journalist thats for sure. More like Vincent vs Blazey seeing as he was given the boot (or left) following the Les Dennis incident.

As for the game itself, much improved Callington against experienced Blazey - im going for a score draw 2-2

Was just naming both managers...agree with your score line though

56 minutes ago, Greygen said:

I thought the 2-2 was the prediction of the amount of red cards . Personally hoping for a good clean game , with  lots of goals and a Blazey win. 1st trip to Callington tomorrow for me. Penryn and Camelford just to do to complete the set of SWPL grounds visited over the last 3 years 

1 hour ago, Greygen said:

Strange response, was posting on a forum for peoples opinions on a game thats happening over the weekend.

Everything okay at home VOR?

A post by you back in August:

"Pardon me for a little bit of naivety! As mentioned on my first post this time last year I’ve only recently started watching swpl and started with Lanson so abit out the loop. I’ve seen some stuff on social media this week ref- Blazey vs Callington and how much of a big game this is because of last season, could anyone tell me why please?"

Seems like you ve tripped yourself up and forgot your script Greygen.

Club on your profile: St Blazey  

So which ex Blazey player/coach/manager are you then? 🤔 🤣

2 hours ago, VoiceofReason said:

A post by you back in August:

"Pardon me for a little bit of naivety! As mentioned on my first post this time last year I’ve only recently started watching swpl and started with Lanson so abit out the loop. I’ve seen some stuff on social media this week ref- Blazey vs Callington and how much of a big game this is because of last season, could anyone tell me why please?"

Seems like you ve tripped yourself up and forgot your script Greygen.

Club on your profile: St Blazey  

So which ex Blazey player/coach/manager are you then? 🤔 🤣

Again no script, back then was correct with little to no knowledge of the local game, but have since got a good picture. I still don't understand your comment? they don't have any context or sense behind them.

My question still stood then, and my question about the game tomorrow still stands..

As for being involved sadly not. Why St Blazey in my team i don't know, I've answered that before not sure.

51AD7A81-401C-4A63-B254-5F388FC7CF88.jpeg

Our survey said ……….

17 hours ago, Greygen said:

Again no script, back then was correct with little to no knowledge of the local game, but have since got a good picture. I still don't understand your comment? they don't have any context or sense behind them.

My question still stood then, and my question about the game tomorrow still stands..

As for being involved sadly not. Why St Blazey in my team i don't know, I've answered that before not sure.

U still have no knowledge of the local game always post negative stuff . we no what you was trying to dO with the post didn’t get the buzz ya wanted . It will be a very good game goals ,, cards !! will be a feisty affair,  think blazey might just edge it  !! now saying that prob be a nil nil 👀😂😂

2 hours ago, The waltz said:

U still have no knowledge of the local game always post negative stuff . we no what you was trying to dO with the post didn’t get the buzz ya wanted . It will be a very good game goals ,, cards !! will be a feisty affair,  think blazey might just edge it  !! now saying that prob be a nil nil 👀😂😂

If the local youth are there, St Blazey will have their work cut out to win. They were non stop for the full 90 mins supporting Callington. Would put the F troop to shame. 🤣

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

If the local youth are there, St Blazey will have their work cut out to win. They were non stop for the full 90 mins supporting Callington. Would put the F troop to shame. 🤣

Hopefully they dont talk about themselves as much as the F Troop 😏😂

On 19/11/2021 at 10:21, SCFC said:

Best alter your prediction in the prediction competition. You've got 2-1 to Callington 🙄

Went Wadebridge this afternoon to watch them play Dobwalls really good game by 2 really good footballing sides 3-2 to Wadebridge final score , Wadebridge went 1-O From Matt Lloyd i think then Dobwalls went 2-1 up from set pieces 1 a corner other free kick which Wadebridge defence failed to clear 2-1 to Dobwalls ht 2nd half Wadebridge came out all out attack and Jacob Smale got a easy tap in to make the scores 2-2 both sides attacking  and Kelyn Fyneboy proving a thorn in the Bridges defence but so was Matt Lloyd at the other end .I had to leave before the end but not before a brilliant team move by the bridger resulting in Lewis Webber scoring a brilliant goal to make the score 3-2 and that was the final score my mom for Wadebridge goes to Matt Lloyd he caused the DOBWALLS defence problems all afternoon also hes a nice bloke Smokie liked him and he has his birthday same day as mine so it had to be him but Wadebridge where brilliant if they had this team all season they would be at the top challenging Falmouth and Liskeard but they have been robbed of so many players with injuries but today they where really good MOM for Dobwalls im going to give it to Kirk Smith .The ref and his assitants all had fine games before the game there was a minutes silence for ex Wadebridge player Martin Dingle who sadly passed away ,even Smokie stayed quiet .Next week Wadebridge come to NEWQUAY to take on the G and they will be given a warm welcome there from all of us and young Tania will no doubt be serving food with a smile as usual .

Looks like no one else is going to report on this brilliant match great display by both teams good day out brilliant program and its free Wadebridge is a lovely club great ground and great people thanks for welcoming me and Smokie dont get that at some other grounds ,Dobwalls got a player called Jordan McCarthy but i know this player as Jordan Pearce he must be on the run or something he had a good game anyway .What gets me on this site everyone commenting on the Blazey vs Callington and you get people putting on there comments about the match and never even went to the match but stayed indoors in the warmth when people like me go and watch matches in all weathers and i am riddled with Osteo Arthritis but i still make a effort to get to a match and write up what i thought of it i dont sit at home on my ass looking and the Cornish soccer site and then write what comes on there and make out they went to a match .Anyway Wadebridge vs Dobwall was a great game thoroughly enjoyed it not the rain though 

4 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Looks like no one else is going to report on this brilliant match great display by both teams good day out brilliant program and its free Wadebridge is a lovely club great ground and great people thanks for welcoming me and Smokie dont get that at some other grounds ,Dobwalls got a player called Jordan McCarthy but i know this player as Jordan Pearce he must be on the run or something he had a good game anyway .What gets me on this site everyone commenting on the Blazey vs Callington and you get people putting on there comments about the match and never even went to the match but stayed indoors in the warmth when people like me go and watch matches in all weathers and i am riddled with Osteo Arthritis but i still make a effort to get to a match and write up what i thought of it i dont sit at home on my ass looking and the Cornish soccer site and then write what comes on there and make out they went to a match .Anyway Wadebridge vs Dobwall was a great game thoroughly enjoyed it not the rain though 

You put the match report on the wrong thread Steve

Interesting read this morning, some are far to attached to what people say on here!

Thought it was an excellent game, well worth the entrance fee and seeing those young fans creating an atmosphere was fantastic. 

Thought Blazey started really well, with that long high flighted ball into the big man up front and for the first 20-25 minutes they had plenty of joy, finding themselves 1-0 after a set piece resulted in the front man arriving at the back post to head home.

After that, I must admit Callington seemed to find their groove and looking to get the ball forward as quickly as possible. Jason Chapman who was MOM for me, pulled of a two fantastic saves in the first half firstly from Jack Alexander 1v1 and then from Luke Cloke who thought his header was finding the far corner before Chappy got a finger tip to it.

Half time (Tea was excellent, kit kat even better. Company shocking, Blazey old guard my word! miserable old pensioners springs to mind.)

Second half was a one was affair with Martin Giles & Jason Champman staring again. Callington eventually found the leveler after a period of extreme pressure, when a pull back found Gino Garside with 10 yards in front of him 25 yards from goal to curl the ball into the top right hand corner with Chappy clawing at thin air. The next 15-20 minutes was Callington really turning the screw with Chappy again saving from Luke Cloke 1v1 (Albeit it a heavy challenge on the keeper after left him with a dead leg.) Chappy again turned hero when a well struck volley on the edge of the box took a deflection on the way through wrong footing the experience stopper but he still managed to get finger tips to it to claw it off the line. The last 5 minutes, resulted in a flurry of corners one which Chappy again flicked onto his cross bar. 

Overall fantastic game, thought the referee was good! would liked to have seen him let play go a little more as was very stop start for portions. Laferty will defitnley be over the moon with his keeper. 

Enjoyed the old school way that Blazey set up and play, I'll be making my way down to watch them play Lanson on Friday night! 😃