Cornwall Football Forum

The return of THE BEST OF THE BEST.

This Saturday 21st August, CORNWALLS GREATEST EVER, the all conquering Falmouth Town 70s side will be introduced at 1:30pm on stage before the Launceston game in the clubhouse in front of the F-Troop so we can pay our tributes to those wonderful players. Please get there EARLY.
Joey Scott, Colin Chegwyn, Dave Ferret, Paul Horrocks, Skipper Keith Manley and the man that started it all manager Richard Gray have all confirmed they will attend. We are hoping that others come along also.
It really is going to be something special seeing those legends together. It may never happen again so lets all get to the clubhouse EARLY for the start of the tribute at 1:30pm and show our appreciation to those players that rewrote the record books.
And also let them know that the club is once again back, hungry for success with a brilliant chairman and staff, a young managerial team, the best fans in Cornwall and playing squad that are doing us all proud.
THIS IS THE RETURN OF ........THE BEST OF THE BEST !!!!!
ALL ROADS LEAD TO BICKLAND PARK. UTT

best ever.PNG

Great effort to get those gents back together and honour them Jeff!! 👍👏🏼  Grew up watching that team from the age of about 7 to 10 when my dad first took me and I fell in love with Bickland Park. A love affair that’s lasted another 45 years!! 💛🖤 What a team that was, seemed to win the league every season! Was lucky enough to play with Freddie Ferrett and Keith Manley when I was a kid just starting out in the game, not just fantastic players but really great blokes and a big encouraging help to a young boy. Hope you all have a fantastic day on Saturday followed by a Town win of course 👏🏼👍💛🖤 

Cheers Rappo, really cant wait to see them and give them an F-Troop salute. Just to show them that we appreciate and will never forget how good they were. Paul Horrocks and Joe Scott have done all the hard work to contact as many of them as possible, which is not an easy task.

Great to see you last week at the Penryn/Wendron game mate. Will bump into you again soon i am sure. UTT

24 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Wish I could be there to see this and the match against the Clarets. 

Just out of hospital again after more major surgery, this time on my stomach, so I shall have to wait on until I can get to watch live matches again. It would be most fitting if Falmouth Town could win this match - don't think it's in doubt ! 

Hope Launceston make a good game of it.

Get well soon buddy..

37 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Get well Older and make a speedy recovery and enjoy your local football best medication you can get it worked for me and good people like yourself who wished me well when i was having a rough time .Take Care mate 

It's Keith who is poorly. Let's hope he makes a speedy recovery 

3 hours ago, Keith B said:

Wish I could be there to see this and the match against the Clarets. 

Just out of hospital again after more major surgery, this time on my stomach, so I shall have to wait on until I can get to watch live matches again. It would be most fitting if Falmouth Town could win this match - don't think it's in doubt ! 

Hope Launceston make a good game of it.

Get well soon Keith. Seems like Launceston are showing tentative signs of improvement under Dan Hart, watching them improve will give you something to focus on.

I am hearing that Mervyn Rich may be in attendance-13 seasons at Bickland 1969 to 1981 Mervyn made 526 Appearances and (a misery lol) 12 goals- 8 consecutive League (SWL & WL) titles and 6 Senior Cup Winners medals

He joined from Saltash and previous Bere Alston Wolves and successfully filled the centre half position of the legendary Roy Mallett who was thought never could be replaced