On 16/08/2021 at 00:00, Dave Deacon said:

EAST (7.30pm)

Cullompton Rangers       v            Okehampton Argyle

WEST (7.30pm)

Callington Town              v            Liskeard Athletic

Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay)   P-P          Dobwalls

Porthleven                       v            Falmouth Town

St Blazey                           v            St Dennis

Why has the Godolphin V Dobwalls fixture been Postponed Dave?

a sorry sight having the postponements due to COVID, I saw some games in the St Pirans were also off at the weekend due to the isolation etc. Only takes one player to get it in the squad and can spread like wildfire. Am I correct in thinking that postponements should be more unlikely going forward given the rule changing on Monday just gone?

No need to self isolate if in close contact and are over 18 with 2 jabs. Hopefully, should mean the majority are able to still play even if 1 or 2 members are positive.

Falmouth Town 6. Porthleven 0.

Town showing a continual improvement in their results with 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 and now 6-0.  No goals conceded yet also.

Port did knock the ball around well at times but I can only recall one save being required from Ryan Barnes. The Port keeper on the other hand, Martyn Webber I believe had a stormer and Town could have had double figures.

Great performances again tonight from Luke Barner and Tom Annear who has been excellent since his return to the club. To be fair, the whole team played well and all is looking rosy at the moment.

Launceston at home on Saturday and a big crowd expected to welcome some of the record breaking Town side of the seventies to Bickland Park. Should be a good game given that Launceston beat Bodmin last night.

Town will be looking at 5 from 5 and hopefully a 5th clean sheet. I wonder what the league record is for clean sheets at the start of the season? Mike Odgers?

26 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Town showing a continual improvement in their results with 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 and now 6-0.  No goals conceded yet also.

Port did knock the ball around well at times but I can only recall one save being required from Ryan Barnes. The Port keeper on the other hand, Martyn Webber I believe had a stormer and Town could have had double figures.

Great performances again tonight from Luke Barner and Tom Annear who has been excellent since his return to the club. To be fair, the whole team played well and all is looking rosy at the moment.

Launceston at home on Saturday and a big crowd expected to welcome some of the record breaking Town side of the seventies to Bickland Park. Should be a good game given that Launceston beat Bodmin last night.

Town will be looking at 5 from 5 and hopefully a 5th clean sheet. I wonder what the league record is for clean sheets at the start of the season? Mike Odgers?

Great atmosphere brought to port by the F-Troop, touch of class stopping mid chant at the end of the game to give Martyn Webster a round of applause as he left the pitch, would have been 20-0 without him in the sticks. Falmouth looking very strong 👏 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 18th August 2021

Liskeard callington interesting watch last night . High paced high action game . Liskeard definitely the better of the 2 sides . Callington pretty much what we seen for last few years at blazey bottom Half side . Anyone got that whatsapp chat of top 6 from the Gaffa . Thing is Same players same attitude same  shocking discipline. Another sending off . Liskeard to the lead through a same Carter header . But the home side drew level with a superb free kick from Jake Miller . One of the best u will see all season . Some player , A huge waste down there ,can see him all game so frustrated with what he’s playing with . Sunday league standard . Saying that how the Liskeard right back is in the team . Worst player in the swpl didn’t even look like a footballer kept giving the ball away and kicking it out. Terrible . Went in 1-1 at the break .

second half brighten up with cole the keeper making some great saves to keep callington init . Then a pen to Liskeard on around 49 mins and nick aplin smashed it home .. surprisingly no Lorenz on the spot kick ?? Game was pretty end to end untill a tackle In midfield ans a red card produced . I couldn’t see from where I was if it was a straight red but everyone was going mental so have a assume it was a bad one.. after the red card callington were lucky it wasn’t 3/4/5 keeper made some lovely saves and then got beaten by a deflected shot by I think Gilbert … but not long after Cally got back into the game making it 3-2 with 8 mins to go making the end of the game a bit tense and like a basketball match but Liskeard seen the game out… Liskeard look a good outfit but been rather lucky in the few games I’ve seen .be top 6 poss top 4 ..  If they could finish would be well out of sight in games.. well as for Cally , Bottom half prob bottom 6 ,, no points Atm … nothings changed . Funny old season so far tho table will take shape after 8/10 games 

43 minutes ago, Slidetackletechnician said:

Liskeard callington interesting watch last night . High paced high action game . Liskeard definitely the better of the 2 sides . Callington pretty much what we seen for last few years at blazey bottom Half side . Anyone got that whatsapp chat of top 6 from the Gaffa . Thing is Same players same attitude same  shocking discipline. Another sending off . Liskeard to the lead through a same Carter header . But the home side drew level with a superb free kick from Jake Miller . One of the best u will see all season . Some player , A huge waste down there ,can see him all game so frustrated with what he’s playing with . Sunday league standard . Saying that how the Liskeard right back is in the team . Worst player in the swpl didn’t even look like a footballer kept giving the ball away and kicking it out. Terrible . Went in 1-1 at the break .

second half brighten up with cole the keeper making some great saves to keep callington init . Then a pen to Liskeard on around 49 mins and nick aplin smashed it home .. surprisingly no Lorenz on the spot kick ?? Game was pretty end to end untill a tackle In midfield ans a red card produced . I couldn’t see from where I was if it was a straight red but everyone was going mental so have a assume it was a bad one.. after the red card callington were lucky it wasn’t 3/4/5 keeper made some lovely saves and then got beaten by a deflected shot by I think Gilbert … but not long after Cally got back into the game making it 3-2 with 8 mins to go making the end of the game a bit tense and like a basketball match but Liskeard seen the game out… Liskeard look a good outfit but been rather lucky in the few games I’ve seen .be top 6 poss top 4 ..  If they could finish would be well out of sight in games.. well as for Cally , Bottom half prob bottom 6 ,, no points Atm … nothings changed . Funny old season so far tho table will take shape after 8/10 games 

Jake Miller really is someone who should be playing at a higher level, certainly a better player than the clubs he has appeared for in the last two seasons. Know that we was announced as having signed for Bideford earlier in the summer, but that obviously isn't happening now.

10 hours ago, The Town Man said:

10 hours ago, Blues10 said:

Great atmosphere brought to port by the F-Troop, touch of class stopping mid chant at the end of the game to give Martyn Webster a round of applause as he left the pitch, would have been 20-0 without him in the sticks. Falmouth looking very strong 👏 

Agree with you both. Maybe even generous to say Port knocked the ball around well at times, gave the ball away in terrible areas for at least 2 of the goals. Looked a very poor side down there, Town would have had 14 at least without MoM Martyn Webster between the sticks. Pulled off a stunning double save to make the scoreline single figures. 6-0 loss and the keeper is my MoM tells the story. It was one way traffic. Town a real well drilled side, yet to concede and do currently have the best defender in Cornwall IMO at the back.

At this rate, cant see anybody beating Town to the title

2 hours ago, SCFC said:

Agree with you both. Maybe even generous to say Port knocked the ball around well at times, gave the ball away in terrible areas for at least 2 of the goals. Looked a very poor side down there, Town would have had 14 at least without MoM Martyn Webster between the sticks. Pulled off a stunning double save to make the scoreline single figures. 6-0 loss and the keeper is my MoM tells the story. It was one way traffic. Town a real well drilled side, yet to concede and do currently have the best defender in Cornwall IMO at the back.

At this rate, cant see anybody beating Town to the title

Very early in the season (not even September yet), but they certainly look like early favourites.