Cornwall Football Forum

Penryn v Illogan   @   Wendron

Hayle v Polperro   @   Penryn

What about these for roughly equal travel distances and lovely pitches for the players!? Subject to availability of course?  👍🏆

Actually forget that, it’s rubbish!! I got Polperro travelling about an extra 40 mile round trip than Hayle!! Sorry Matt! Seems a lucky pitch for you though mate!? 👍😂

29 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

What about these for roughly equal travel distances and lovely pitches for the players!? Subject to availability of course?  👍🏆

Actually forget that, it’s rubbish!! I got Polperro travelling about an extra 40 mile round trip than Hayle!! Sorry Matt! Seems a lucky pitch for you though mate!? 👍😂

Bodmin ? Mount Gould are using it.

33 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Haha not that lucky after losing the Evely Cup there to St Day in 2013, but we’ll go to St Just if it means another game of football! 

3 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Yeah great shout Sticker for Hayle v Polperro to be fair. Another lovely surface 👍👏🏼️ Dont tell me that ain’t lucky for you Matt! Saw you score 9 there a couple weeks ago! Linesman was decent too 👍😁

Yes, the Sticker lawn would be nice! #reluctantlino 😉

As the rules of the competition state 

"iv.    Semi-finals shall be played as follows:

Winner match ‘a’ v Winner match ‘d’

Winner match ‘b’ v Winner match ‘c’"

I would imagine it was simply a case of originally wrongly inserting into the Full-Time format. Nothing spurious!

1 minute ago, Dave Deacon said:

As the rules of the competition state 

"iv.    Semi-finals shall be played as follows:

Winner match ‘a’ v Winner match ‘d’

Winner match ‘b’ v Winner match ‘c’"

I would imagine it was simply a case of originally wrongly inserting into the Full-Time format. Nothing spurious!

Thanks for that @Dave Deacon. As I said, I was just curious as to how it was done. My fault for not looking through the rules in the first place to be fair.

15 hours ago, MrGonch said:

Thanks for that @Dave Deacon. As I said, I was just curious as to how it was done. My fault for not looking through the rules in the first place to be fair.

It's a common mistake to make.  In Full-Time there are two ways to do the draw, automatic, which automatically and randomly does the draw all the way through and populates it as the results come in and manual, where the draw is done after each round and inserted by someone with admin rights.  In automatic the lines between the rounds are put in by the system as the random draw is made.  In manual the lines don't appear until the draw has been made and the fixtures put in and until that point the fixtures in the previous round could be in any order.  From your screen shots you can see that this was a manual draw.  Simples!  When you know.🙂

True Mart, but think Steve possibly didn’t have too many options for venues? Matt said his boys are happy to travel just to play football and I’m sure Patch will be happy after the long treck they had last weekend. They’ll be sure of a warm welcome at Aggie from Mandy and Kimmo etc. Got the makings of a cracking game that one as has the other semi. Both wear green though so who’s tossing the coin!!? 🤔😁👍