Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League suspended

Very sensible decision by the Trelawny League Committee. 

In line with other leagues in Cornwall, The Trelawny League Committee have taken the decision to temporary suspend fixtures for the time being. A review of a restart date will be made once a clearer picture of the present situation is clear. This decision has been taken to ensure every effort is made to keep players, officials and club volunteers as safe as possible. At this time it is the leagues intention to complete all division fixtures by the end of the season and at present no decision as been made with reference to the cup competitions. When it is safe to do so the committee will meet in person untill then league business will be carried out by electronic means. All outstanding fines/league suspensions will be put on hold. Gerald Munden. Chairman 

Thanks David for posting the decision.......who would be a fixture Secretary good job the league had the foresight to reduce the divisions to 10 giving it a fighting chance to still maybe complete the season by the end of May 👏👏😳🥴😫

The ironic thing with this is unlike the first lockdown clubs can still organise friendlies until the league starts up again.  🤷‍♂️

45 minutes ago, Pitty said:

Thanks David for posting the decision.......who would be a fixture Secretary good job the league had the foresight to reduce the divisions to 10 giving it a fighting chance to still maybe complete the season by the end of May 👏👏😳🥴😫

The ironic thing with this is unlike the first lockdown clubs can still organise friendlies until the league starts up again.  🤷‍♂️

And would be crazy to do so.

We have had 3 positive tests here in the last 4 days!

It's here...go figure.

Then maybe the CCFA as the governing body should consider that if the leagues want to treat Cornwall as if we had gone into Tier 4 rather then Tier 3 where football is allowed under current rules they may wish to release blanket countywide D&G and suspend all football UFN.

If anything this pandemic may have taught us is that if it’s not spelt out like talking to a 3 year old the rules can be stretched to still be within the letter of the law but might be viewed as socially unacceptable

Also just seen the ‘Flexi league’ is continuing as normal? Wtf are they thinking and how can the ccfa allow this? Are the players in that league and officials immune to COVID? Or the venues and people who have to open / close and maintain them also immune? So selfish I cannot start to imagine the local community who live close to those pitches looking in and wondering is it worth it for a kick about?

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

Also just seen the ‘Flexi league’ is continuing as normal? Wtf are they thinking and how can the ccfa allow this? Are the players in that league and officials immune to COVID? Or the venues and people who have to open / close and maintain them also immune? So selfish I cannot start to imagine the local community who live close to those pitches looking in and wondering is it worth it for a kick about?

They can allow it because the government are allowing it. The scientists and those alot smarter and wiser than us have decided that the risk of possible infection isn't high enough to warrant stopping football.

The Flexi League are continuing because people still need sport. People still need social interaction. People still need something to allow them to at least act normal. The type of players that are attracted to the Flexi League need it!  I know that my team has alot of people that are struggling with the isolation and this is one way of improving their mental health, if only temporarily.

Instead of making a knee jerk reaction, we have left it in the hands of our member clubs and facility providers to decide whether they want to play or not. If they don't feel safe enough (like one team has already said), we will suspend their fixtures. Absolutely no problem at all. 

The Flexi League are held at central venues, they do not use changing rooms, they have a minimal number of spectators, both areas are as far below the UK average 'cluster' hotspots as they've ever been and the measures that are in place and are being put into place will ensure that the players are as safe as they possibly can be. 

Measures including the sanitising of balls, socially distanced benches, only the bare minimum number of participants, masks to be worn when within 2m (off-field), a 'Covid Marshall' being paid to ensure that government and FA guidelines are strictly adhered too... It's as safe as we can make it. It's compliant and it's alot more reasonable for us to continue than it is a Saturday League.

We will continue to follow government guidelines and will have no problem at all shutting the doors if advised/told to.

It might all be for nothing yet if both venues decide to close their doors - I expect Hayle to say no.

I've already seen a number of teams now looking for local friendlies as their leagues have been suspended. 

Shops are still open, people are still working, gyms are open, barbers, hairdressing salons, beauty salons are all still open.... In the grand scheme of things, the football pitch will be one of the safest places you can actually be apart from home!

Edit: Hayle have now suspended all games at Trevassack Park, which I understand and support. As a result, games scheduled to take place within the next two weeks have been rescheduled.

21 minutes ago, Richard Chown said:

Who are these teams looking for friendlies? It’s a bit irresponsible don’t you think. 

None that I know of Rich but my point is unlike the 1st Lockdown in March in Tier 3 Clubs can still play outside of the league format. Irresponsible yes in the current climate and with the leagues cancellation setting a precedent not to play but legal also yes........look on the bright side with the football cancelled again the weather is going to be fantastic for the next few weeks with guaranteed no rain and clear blue skies 🥴

1 hour ago, Richard Chown said:

Who are these teams looking for friendlies? It’s a bit irresponsible don’t you think. 

I'm not one to name and shame. I've also seen a group page thing created for clubs to find friendlies. 

The majority of players I've spoken to still want to play football. I still want to play football. These people/players won't be breaking the law, they will not be going against regulations and hopefully, they will adhere to government guidelines.

Whilst shops, barbers, beauty salons and gyms are still open, people are still going to want to act as normal as they possibly can. Who's more likely to get it? Someone sat in a salon for half hour waiting for the nail tech/barber to become free, then sat in a chair with very close contact for 15 mins to an hour, or a footballer?

On 31/12/2020 at 08:44, Dave Bartlam said:

They can allow it because the government are allowing it. The scientists and those alot smarter and wiser than us have decided that the risk of possible infection isn't high enough to warrant stopping football.

The Flexi League are continuing because people still need sport. People still need social interaction. People still need something to allow them to at least act normal. The type of players that are attracted to the Flexi League need it!  I know that my team has alot of people that are struggling with the isolation and this is one way of improving their mental health, if only temporarily.

Instead of making a knee jerk reaction, we have left it in the hands of our member clubs and facility providers to decide whether they want to play or not. If they don't feel safe enough (like one team has already said), we will suspend their fixtures. Absolutely no problem at all. 

The Flexi League are held at central venues, they do not use changing rooms, they have a minimal number of spectators, both areas are as far below the UK average 'cluster' hotspots as they've ever been and the measures that are in place and are being put into place will ensure that the players are as safe as they possibly can be. 

Measures including the sanitising of balls, socially distanced benches, only the bare minimum number of participants, masks to be worn when within 2m (off-field), a 'Covid Marshall' being paid to ensure that government and FA guidelines are strictly adhered too... It's as safe as we can make it. It's compliant and it's alot more reasonable for us to continue than it is a Saturday League.

We will continue to follow government guidelines and will have no problem at all shutting the doors if advised/told to.

It might all be for nothing yet if both venues decide to close their doors - I expect Hayle to say no.

I've already seen a number of teams now looking for local friendlies as their leagues have been suspended. 

Shops are still open, people are still working, gyms are open, barbers, hairdressing salons, beauty salons are all still open.... In the grand scheme of things, the football pitch will be one of the safest places you can actually be apart from home!

Edit: Hayle have now suspended all games at Trevassack Park, which I understand and support. As a result, games scheduled to take place within the next two weeks have been rescheduled.

Ridiculous, ‘allowed’ or not I am reading this almost as if you’re attempting to justify this to yourself as much as anyone else! I’m surprised the CCFA haven’t stepped in here it’s only a matter of time before one of the flexi league players / officials get and spread COVID and the media will have a field day! 🤦🏻‍♂️

extremely selfish I may add, football aside there are plenty of other ways to maintain fitness even in this current climate or keep in contact with friends.  Morally I’m not sure how you or the league can justify this at all, and to say it’s the next safest place outside of your home is ludicrous, 30+ players coming in from all different working backgrounds / households it’s clear as day your risking the health of everyone involved both voluntarily and not! 

5 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Ridiculous, ‘allowed’ or not I am reading this almost as if you’re attempting to justify this to yourself as much as anyone else! I’m surprised the CCFA haven’t stepped in here it’s only a matter of time before one of the flexi league players / officials get and spread COVID and the media will have a field day! 🤦🏻‍♂️

extremely selfish I may add, football aside there are plenty of other ways to maintain fitness even in this current climate or keep in contact with friends.  Morally I’m not sure how you or the league can justify this at all, and to say it’s the next safest place outside of your home is ludicrous, 30+ players coming in from all different working backgrounds / households it’s clear as day your risking the health of everyone involved both voluntarily and not! 

CCFA can’t step in as national guidance says football can continue.

On 30/12/2020 at 23:39, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

And would be crazy to do so.

We have had 3 positive tests here in the last 4 days!

It's here...go figure.

6 more tested positive here now in the last 2 days, 4 in my immediate family with 3 of them quite poorly. 

It's not rocket science is it!

I don't think any of us are saying Put people at risk. There's alot more people putting others at risk, by travelling to be with family members etc. 

Let's be honest the guidance from the Hierarchy that rules this country hasn't been fantastic has it..? 

"You can mix over the Christmas period with family"

And then 48 hours later we're told "No you can't mix" 

To me we have to follow suit like other countries. 

Shut down fully, fight against the spread, then... rebuild Britain and our counties where business etc lose out. 

No offence but its about time we stopped campaigning for other causes and focused on the revenue of our own country. Stop funding, the multi millionaires and start looking after our own people. War veterans who are homeless, small businesses that will fold do to the climate this virus has put us in etc.

Football is our outlet in life, but it can be on hold to prevent any more destruction if we all came together.