Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawney League 19th Sept 2020 reports

Trelawney Div 4

Carharrack 5, Constantine 2nds 2

Whilst about 420 souls were suffering a dour 1 - 0 win by Truro at Treyew Road, about 35 souls were treated to a seven goal contest at Ting Tang - and all for free!

1 - 0 (16 minutes) - good layback followed by 1st time low drive to beat the 'keeper just inside the post.

2 - 0 (21) (pen) - no way a pen, a shoulder-to-shoulder challenge - but Will ? tucked it neatly home.

There followed a lot of pressure by Carharrack, playing down the slope, bringing a couple of fine saves out of the Constantine 'keeper.

3 - 0 (68) - didn't get a good view, but at the t ime it hadn't looked like coming as Constantine looked the more likely to score and Carharrack needed another goal. "That's sealed it", said the bloke to my right and I agreed.

3 - 1 (73) - simple through the middle ball, splitting the defence. Hmm.

3 - 2 (76) - a right nause-up between the Carharrack 'keeper and a defender as neither of them managed to clear the ball.

4 - 2 (78) - much home relief as another defensive ****-up let in a lad to nod the ball over the 'keeper - who, it has to be said, had made three or four really outstanding saves to keep Carharrack at bay.

5 - 2 (90+1) - wrapped it up.

Bit of an unfair booking near the end. Disputed out-of-play ball. Lino indicated corner to Constantine. Ref gave GK. Constantine defender blew his stack and the ref booked him; THEN consulted lino who confirmed corner, so ref gave it. So lad got booked for dissenting a decision which the ref then changed. As the ref headed my way at pitchside he looked at me and said "they're whinging worse than my ex-missus!" to which I replied "That booking was a BIT mean, ref" and he gave me a look that suggested he didn't really disagree with me!

Come and try the bacon butties! Loads cheaper than Treyew Road and much more action! The odd bit of skill, the occasional "worldie" svae or shot, and the lads pay to play.

Div 1

praze 2-1 illogan 3rds

A good game with chances either end. Praze should’ve seen the game off with the more chances in the second but the score only remained 2-1 (after coming from 1-0 down)

A bit disappointed with the result as it should’ve been put to bed early.. but none the less 3 points and we move onto next week at home against title favourites St just.

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Trelawney Div 4

Carharrack 5, Constantine 2nds 2

Whilst about 420 souls were suffering a dour 1 - 0 win by Truro at Treyew Road, about 35 souls were treated to a seven goal contest at Ting Tang - and all for free!

1 - 0 (16 minutes) - good layback followed by 1st time low drive to beat the 'keeper just inside the post.

2 - 0 (21) (pen) - no way a pen, a shoulder-to-shoulder challenge - but Will ? tucked it neatly home.

There followed a lot of pressure by Carharrack, playing down the slope, bringing a couple of fine saves out of the Constantine 'keeper.

3 - 0 (68) - didn't get a good view, but at the t ime it hadn't looked like coming as Constantine looked the more likely to score and Carharrack needed another goal. "That's sealed it", said the bloke to my right and I agreed.

3 - 1 (73) - simple through the middle ball, splitting the defence. Hmm.

3 - 2 (76) - a right nause-up between the Carharrack 'keeper and a defender as neither of them managed to clear the ball.

4 - 2 (78) - much home relief as another defensive ****-up let in a lad to nod the ball over the 'keeper - who, it has to be said, had made three or four really outstanding saves to keep Carharrack at bay.

5 - 2 (90+1) - wrapped it up.

Bit of an unfair booking near the end. Disputed out-of-play ball. Lino indicated corner to Constantine. Ref gave GK. Constantine defender blew his stack and the ref booked him; THEN consulted lino who confirmed corner, so ref gave it. So lad got booked for dissenting a decision which the ref then changed. As the ref headed my way at pitchside he looked at me and said "they're whinging worse than my ex-missus!" to which I replied "That booking was a BIT mean, ref" and he gave me a look that suggested he didn't really disagree with me!

Come and try the bacon butties! Loads cheaper than Treyew Road and much more action! The odd bit of skill, the occasional "worldie" svae or shot, and the lads pay to play.

Tom just to point out the offence of dissent results at this level in a sin bin so the referee cautioned for possibly adopting an aggressive attitude which would fit in with your description of a player blowing his stack. An enjoyable read keep up the good work.

Probus 1 (Lewis Hawkins) Stithians 0

Premier Division

It was good to play my first league game since the middle of March now that cricket has finished - the longest run I’ve had of not playing football since I started playing a few years ago because of COVID-19! Nice to see a few new faces in our squad this season.
The game itself was a tight affair with very few chances for either team. It was 0-0 at halftime but we felt we just shaded it without really creating too much and Stithians were always dangerous with their direct approach.
The second half was much the same until we broke the deadlock with about 10 minutes left when a Lewis Hawkins shot from 20 yards took a deflection and looped over the stranded Stithians keeper. The opposition responded well and had a goal disallowed with virtually the last kick of the game, when a long throw was flicked on and then volleyed home but the referee saw a push on our defender from the player who flicked it on from the throw in.

Overall we were pleased to get the result in a game that could have gone either way and I’m sure Stithians will be disappointed to come away with nothing. Thank you to the referee Daniel Catacutan, who had a good game and tried to play advantage whenever he could. 
Troon at home for the first team next week and the reserves are away at Mullion.

Chacewater 8 - 1 RNAS Culdrose Reserves. 

Decent run out. Could have been 15. At least 3 headers in the 6 yard box that looked harder to miss than put in the net, but guess thats how it goes sometimes. 

After a couple tight games certainly felt good to show what we can do when we play with confidence and finish some chances!

Fair play to Culdrose, they didn't give up and all came back for a drink after.

Mark Bell 3, Justin Bennetts 2, Andrew Govan 2, James Martin 1

💚💚

3 hours ago, Chris Davey said:

Probus 1 (Lewis Hawkins) Stithians 0

Premier Division

It was good to play my first league game since the middle of March now that cricket has finished - the longest run I’ve had of not playing football since I started playing a few years ago because of COVID-19! Nice to see a few new faces in our squad this season.
The game itself was a tight affair with very few chances for either team. It was 0-0 at halftime but we felt we just shaded it without really creating too much and Stithians were always dangerous with their direct approach.
The second half was much the same until we broke the deadlock with about 10 minutes left when a Lewis Hawkins shot from 20 yards took a deflection and looped over the stranded Stithians keeper. The opposition responded well and had a goal disallowed with virtually the last kick of the game, when a long throw was flicked on and then volleyed home but the referee saw a push on our defender from the player who flicked it on from the throw in.

Overall we were pleased to get the result in a game that could have gone either way and I’m sure Stithians will be disappointed to come away with nothing. Thank you to the referee Daniel Catacutan, who had a good game and tried to play advantage whenever he could. 
Troon at home for the first team next week and the reserves are away at Mullion.

Fair assesement of the game. Was a little chest in the back the right decision i seen it from the goal knew hed blow straight away, thought we should of had penalty at the end to but not to be. Were disappointed difnt play anything like our last two games

Thats football see you boys later on in the season fingers crossed

23 minutes ago, rgkeep said:

Chacewater 8 - 1 RNAS Culdrose Reserves. 

Decent run out. Could have been 15. At least 3 headers in the 6 yard box that looked harder to miss than put in the net, but guess thats how it goes sometimes. 

After a couple tight games certainly felt good to show what we can do when we play with confidence and finish some chances!

Fair play to Culdrose, they didn't give up and all came back for a drink after.

Mark Bell 3, Justin Bennetts 2, Andrew Govan 2, James Martin 1

💚💚

Justin Bennett’s 2 penalties? 

5 hours ago, Old 1950 said:

Tom just to point out the offence of dissent results at this level in a sin bin so the referee cautioned for possibly adopting an aggressive attitude which would fit in with your description of a player blowing his stack. An enjoyable read keep up the good work.

Adopting an aggressive attitude  relates to physical or verbal interaction  between players. Abuse or over aggressive protestations  should be dissent and result in a sin bin or worse depending on the level of the offence.