Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Saturday 7th September 2019

Results

Saturday 7th September 2019

Carharrack (Matt McIlroy) 1-2 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Lewis Pellow, Jason Roberts)

Att - 25

Hayle Reserves (Kieran Rennard) 1-2 St Day Reserves (Matt Wysocki, Chris Dower)

Att - 16

Helston Athletic Thirds (Louis Bell) 1-8 Pendeen Rovers (Alex Ralph 5, Danny Earl 3)

Att - 30

Porthleven Reserves P-P Perranporth Reserves

RNAS Culdrose (Joe Paterson, Dan Quirke) 2-0 Wendron United Thirds

Att - 15

Ruan Minor P-P Rosudgeon

St Agnes Reserves 0-5 Lizard Argyle (Dagan Vaughan-Spruce 2, Craig Pollard, Owen Williams, Ben Evans)

Att - 30

43 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Port v Perran GAME OFF? No referee and Perran not willing to use a qualified referee put forward by port? I thought games HAD to be played when I referee is provided? Strange one someone needs to clarify the laws on this one ASAP.

If it’s a club referee then no they don’t have too. 

Carharrack 1, Penryn Res 2

AAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!

Another frustrating afternoon at Ting Tang. I thought that was a thing of the past but apparently not! Game thrown away!

I can't give the names of the scorers but the goals were 0 - 1 (59), just seconds after Carharrack had hit the Penryn bar. 1 - 1 (65), a header off a FK from the right, somewhat against the run of play. 1 - 2 (83), Carharrack knackered and mostly thinking slowly or switched off due to fatigue.

Now, Carharrack started with the psychological disadvantage of only having a bare eleven (who forgot the kit?) (no, not really!) but that wasn't helped when, kicking off up their slope, it was clear that the team was viewing the slope as another disadvantage that they had to overcome by defending like mad to try to reach half-time without conceding: which they managed by the skin of their teeth. Their 'keeper played a blinder and some of Penryn's shooting was characteristically (for this league) wayward. I was worried that having thus survived they would kind of rely on the slope to win them the game rather than having to win it themselves. Penryn played the second half much as they did the first though with less of the long route one stuff that can work down a slope. Mind, it can work UP a slope as well. Route One requires no help from gradients! With a lessened determination brought about by the false comfort of playing downhill, Carharrack fell behind and their equaliser came out of nothing from the aforementioned free kick. They were getting cramped, legs were like lead and it was no surprise when they conceded again. Still they played FAID football (fannying about in defence). Take note, boys: Penryn first team play this way with one important difference (as seen at Perranwell Tuesday). When opponents pressed there were loud calls from team-mates to clear the ball when danger threatened - and this the defenders almost always did. No such team-work from Carharrack today. Frustrating to watch defenders repeatedly caught in possession or giving passes to the opposition in their third of the pitch. I know Carharrack have yet to field a settled team but there are some basic football skills missing.

Almost equalised in added-on time from a free kick but the final touch was a shot blasted just wide. Shame! The home 'keeper prevented Penryn clocking up a massive score - well done, lad!

Tea and sausage bap, £2. Yum yum!