Cornwall Football Forum

Martin Day RIP

Dave Deacon

I had the pleasure not only to work with Dayer and Play/ manage him and also play against him. Not only was he a fierce competitor but someone who could play the game well. I only seen him with his young family on Saturday and words can’t describe what I am feeling!! My thoughts are with his family! RIP Dayer  truly great person and wonderful dad

Still in shock at the news! Dayer was a real top bloke. Played with and against him, and I must say it  was a real  pleasure playing in the same side as him. He was a real character on and off the pitch. 

I'm hoping there will be a minute's silence in tribute to Martin, when Falmouth take on St Day in the Combination League Cup semi final on Sunday. 

RIP Dayer 

on behalf of us all at Falmouth town we are all shocked and saddened by the news of the death of martin day and we send our condolences to his family at this sad time.he was a  player at our club for many seasons and as rob said a real character both on and off the pitch.

RIP  Martin

Can remember Martin as a youngster for Mawnan when I was managing Hayle and we had some tough battles,he went on to have a good career and I only saw him recently playing down at Mousehole against Leeds veterans,lovely boy can,t believe why things like this happen ? RIP Martin condolences to his family

Terrible news, hard to find the words really. Devastated to hear the sad news last night. Glad I got to play with Dayer one last time in that Vets match against Leeds just before Christmas. Always the same, great laugh, real competitor and top bloke and player. Heart goes out to Steve and Jamie, all the brothers absolutely lovely lads. Thoughts are with all the family. RIP Dayer x

What a heartbreaking thing to read, and hear. Martin was not only a great footballer in the local football family, but also a great bloke, always there to help, always there to give advice and best of all a great laugh. Rest in peace to a true gent of the footballing world. ?

News like this really hits home on how short life is and how football becomes secondary and not important. Such tragic news made worse with the knowledge that his two young kids will only hear about how good he was as a footballer but will also hear what a nice and genuine person he was with it.