Cornwall Football Forum

Played in a game saturday gine where the ref wanted to try the sin bin rule. 

This is going to cause alot of confussion through the season. He explained beforehand that if theres discent he will yellow card anyone and sin bin them for 10 mins then when they come back on the yellow card is clear amd theres no fine for it. Then it starts again. But surely it can only happen once to the same player before there is a further punishment??

But if a player is already on a yellow card for a different offence then gets pulled up for dissent shouldnt that be a 2nd yellow and sent off or a yellow and sin bin? 

Going to be alot of stop start games this year.

Anyone else played with this rule yet and had it used? 

Referees shouldn't be using this system yet. The FA have said we are not to use it until the first competitive games (league games of the new season). Neither referees or teams have yet received the necessary training, which is why this may have caused confusion for you.

When temporarily dismissed, there is no administration charge (fine). 

I'm getting people have a moan at me when I talk about the "Sin-Bin" on here; apparently stating facts and guidelines aren't what this forum is for. If you would like any information on the system, feel free to attend one of the meetings. I'm always happy to answer any questions also. You can reach me on davidrbartlam@googlemail.com.

If you are unable to attend any of the meetings, I am hoping to livestream one on Wednesday from The Trelawny League's Facebook page.

Our referee on Saturday had just been on the course and used it in the game. Only one person showed dissent and received a yellow and sin bin, he didn't want to keep his mouth shut so got the time put up to 20 mins. I believe this system will help the referees, but i am a bit concerned with how the refs will keep track of multiple, staggered sin bins. Our club officials are due to go on the training course shortly so hopefully it will become clearer.

10 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

Played in a game saturday gine where the ref wanted to try the sin bin rule. 

This is going to cause alot of confussion through the season. He explained beforehand that if theres discent he will yellow card anyone and sin bin them for 10 mins then when they come back on the yellow card is clear amd theres no fine for it. Then it starts again. But surely it can only happen once to the same player before there is a further punishment??

But if a player is already on a yellow card for a different offence then gets pulled up for dissent shouldnt that be a 2nd yellow and sent off or a yellow and sin bin? 

Going to be alot of stop start games this year.

Anyone else played with this rule yet and had it used? 

Consider the sin bin different to a yellow card. 2 TDs for dissent will still result in a player being dismissed but after the 2nd 10 minutes he doesn't carry on, another player must replace him. 

Surely as it is a non-competitive games it's up to the two teams to agree the rules? More subs than normal is an example.

Is it not the same as the old pub scienario when it's old rules or new at the pool table!

45 minutes ago, zebedee said:

A point to note ....referees are NOT allowed to use this in friendly matches ....only league games when they start .

12 minutes ago, Tempo said:

You can't be serious ??? referees aren't allowed to practice using this trial system before official league games, I've heard it all now. Who actually comes up with this nonsense? Sick of it.

You'll have to go to one of these meetings!!!!!!!!!! How dare you post something b_d wouldn't like!!!!!!!!! He runs Cornish football now if it's not his way it's the highway ????

If here a link that shows where these meetings are etc? Some of us don't really use Facebook. 

I've not seen any refs use it in preseason as of yet. But surely refs need to understand it and use it so that when it comes to the league we're results really do matter you don't get people ref bashing because they weren't given a chance to iron out the system for themselves. Or maybe do what other counties do have a ref game where refs get to use these practices.

because I'm really not keen on going to North Korea this time of the year. 

The Trelawny League has announced a third and final meeting.

This is to take place at Holmans SC on Wednesday, 2nd August 2017 at 7pm.

Before that there is one on Thursday 27th July – at Wadebridge Town - 7pm – 8:30pm. This one is primarily for those in the east of the county, but I'm sure no one would mind who goes where! ?

9 hours ago, Jamie C said:

If here a link that shows where these meetings are etc? Some of us don't really use Facebook. 

I've not seen any refs use it in preseason as of yet. But surely refs need to understand it and use it so that when it comes to the league we're results really do matter you don't get people ref bashing because they weren't given a chance to iron out the system for themselves. Or maybe do what other counties do have a ref game where refs get to use these practices.

because I'm really not keen on going to North Korea this time of the year. 

The problem was though mate referees have been using it without the training and using it incorrectly. 

I really encourage anyone who wants to know any more to go to any of the meetings or go on to Trelawny website and register for one of the FAs webex events.

On 17/07/2017 at 14:43, wally6 said:

Our referee on Saturday had just been on the course and used it in the game. Only one person showed dissent and received a yellow and sin bin, he didn't want to keep his mouth shut so got the time put up to 20 mins. I believe this system will help the referees, but i am a bit concerned with how the refs will keep track of multiple, staggered sin bins. Our club officials are due to go on the training course shortly so hopefully it will become clearer.

Sorry but that is wrong and the ref did it wrong. The first dissent is still in proceess. So yes was right to give an extra ten min. But as well as the player not being allowed bk on nor is any player allowed to replace them after 20 min. You would be down to ten men for the rest of the game. A player can only be replaced if the dissent is at a seperate 2nd sin bin not while mouthing off still. That is a 20 min and team down to ten men for rest of game

• 2 weeks later...

Questions about the sin bin. Will it operate in the various cups run by the various leagues or just league matches. If it does, if a player is sent to t'bin near the end of a tie to be decided on penalties, are the excluded from taking part in the shoot-out, including the goal keepers?

Can a player be substituted while serving a sentence in the bin?

7 hours ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

Questions about the sin bin. Will it operate in the various cups run by the various leagues or just league matches. If it does, if a player is sent to t'bin near the end of a tie to be decided on penalties, are the excluded from taking part in the shoot-out, including the goal keepers?

Can a player be substituted while serving a sentence in the bin?

5 hours ago, AJW said:

According to the information passed on at the meetings

1. A sin-binned player can take part in a penalty shoot out
2. They can be substituted, but the sub cannot come on until the 10 minutes has elapsed.

AJW is correct for both. 

For no. 2 it will also take place in a break in play rather than the substitute being allowed to come straight on like a sin binned player.